Corporate Meeting with Ashley (rumours)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Magpie007

not sure if this has ben metioned yet but last year a story went around about A saying he already had a big name player that was going to shock the world of football who would sign for us this summer theres prob a link somewhere on this site about it.

Yeah I remember but did it have a direct quote from him?

not sure if there was a direct quote from MA as i can not find the story but it was around July 07

There has been talk of a £50m transfer kitty along with signings that would “shock the world of football”. Still our net spend remains one of the lowest in the league. - FROM A POST JULY 07

Dimitar Berbatov will finally complete his move to Manchester United for £28m this week, according to reports.

The Evening Standard claims that the protracted switch will be concluded in time for the weekend's opening Premier League fixtures.

'The 27-year-old is believed to have upset people within the club for his attitude during pre-season and was substituted at half-time against Roma following a lacklustre display,' says the Standard, who claim that Spurs are closing in on a replacement.

Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin and Spartak Moscow's Roman Pavlyuchenko are in Tottenham's sights, with the latter suited to playing as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation likely to be favoured by Juande Ramos this season.

are the spurs itk's agreed on this? last i heard Ameobi was on his way to becoming a spud. any truth in this?

eurgh, if arshavin becomes a spud then I'd be pretty pissed off. Spending so much on their midfield alone: 20m modric, 15m bentley, 18m+ arshavin and we've spent about 2m on guthrie. where did all their money come from anyway?

Guest Nufc4Life

I would love it to come on the news

''And we're hearing word that Berbatov has just signed for United (oh well, knew it was coming..)...thats Newcastle United (fucking hell, wahay!!!!)''

Ha, never gonna happen, but would be brilliant.

I would love it to come on the news

''And we're hearing word that Berbatov has just signed for United (oh well, knew it was coming..)...thats Newcastle United (fucking hell, wahay!!!!)''

Ha, never gonna happen, but would be brilliant.

obligatory: "stranger things have happened...." post

;)

eurgh, if arshavin becomes a spud then I'd be pretty pissed off. Spending so much on their midfield alone: 20m modric, 15m bentley, 18m+ arshavin and we've spent about 2m on guthrie. where did all their money come from anyway?

Keane - £19 million

Berbatov - £28 million

Malbranque, Tainio, Chimbonda - £16 million

Robbo - £3.5 million

Kaboul - £6 million

Dimitar Berbatov will finally complete his move to Manchester United for £28m this week, according to reports.

The Evening Standard claims that the protracted switch will be concluded in time for the weekend's opening Premier League fixtures.

'The 27-year-old is believed to have upset people within the club for his attitude during pre-season and was substituted at half-time against Roma following a lacklustre display,' says the Standard, who claim that Spurs are closing in on a replacement.

Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin and Spartak Moscow's Roman Pavlyuchenko are in Tottenham's sights, with the latter suited to playing as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation likely to be favoured by Juande Ramos this season.

YOU BASTARD DONT SPOIL IT  ;D

It's not neccessarily bollocks, but it has had to go from his friends fathers mate to his friends father to his friend, and then to him before he posts it, so a lot of info may have changed.

A bit like the bible I guess

this is way more plausible than the bible tbf

It's not neccessarily bollocks, but it has had to go from his friends fathers mate to his friends father to his friend, and then to him before he posts it, so a lot of info may have changed.

LOL

What gets me is how come it's always these tenious links. Why doesn't the father who went to the meeting, post what was said ? Or even the son ? It's always, my mates, mate, father, daughter, barber, houseboy, whatever.

Guest Magpie007

not sure if this has ben metioned yet but last year a story went around about A saying he already had a big name player that was going to shock the world of football who would sign for us this summer theres prob a link somewhere on this site about it.

That would make no sense given KK was not here.... unless of course he likes the said player!!

it does not make sence at all  - why 12mths ago was MS going on about a big signing this summer ?? Still no big name players in that would shock the world of football wish i could find the full story. I only just remembered about it reading this thread

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I don't know why everyone is believing a "my mates fathers friend" story.

The 3m a year could be an error, perhaps it was 2m or even 1m a year still to pay. Errors are possible. I'm quite sure we are not signing a NIG

Racist.

That would make no sense given KK was not here.... unless of course he likes the said player!!

it does not make sence at all  - why 12mths ago was MS going on about a big signing this summer ?? Still no big name players in that would shock the world of football wish i could find the full story. I only just remembered about it reading this thread

MS? What have Marks and Spencer's got to do with it, did they buy 25% off MA when I wasn't looking?

LOL

What gets me is how come it's always these tenious links. Why doesn't the father who went to the meeting, post what was said ? Or even the son ? It's always, my mates, mate, father, daughter, barber, houseboy, whatever.

i understand your point, but the guy who went to the meeting might not go on the internet much, or even know about this site? likewise with the son? it has to get to one of us somehow before its posted on here as hearsay. with these things i tend to just read with a degree of scepticism, believe some of it and think some of it is bollocks, depending on the circumstances.

for example 'ashley wants to sell smith but kk doesnt', that doesnt bother me in the slightest (apart from i think smith's shit, but thats a different matter), whilst the papers will have you believe thats a massive problem, it isnt, what would be a massive problem would be if ashley was making footballing decisions over kk's napper, having a difference of opinion is part and parcel of life, work and football. its how you act upon those differences that matters.

Guest Magpie007

MS? What have Marks and Spencer's got to do with it, did they buy 25% off MA when I wasn't looking?

excuse the typo but you know what i was on about

There is a possibility that this so called "MAJOR" signing is a rumour the club have been happy to intimate in order to generate interestr and shift the remaining season tickets and corporate boxes.

Call me cynical but it's got to be a possibility. TBH, Colocinni apart I doubt anyone else will be signed in time for Sunday. As for the end of the month, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign more than one more decent first teamers and hugely doubt we'll bring in any player that will shock the footballing world.

There is a possibility that this so called "MAJOR" signing is a rumour the club have been happy to intimate in order to generate interestr and shift the remaining season tickets and corporate boxes.

Call me cynical but it's got to be a possibility. TBH, Colocinni apart I doubt anyone else will be signed in time for Sunday. As for the end of the month, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign more than one more decent first teamers and hugely doubt we'll bring in any player that will shock the footballing world.

Warnock.

Very selective editing there Dr.V - you a jounalist or a politcian or something ?

Warnock has to be a possibility after the latest news surely

What latest news ? Have I missed something ? Last I heard was Ince telling the world no one else was leaving, should I have hit f5 again ?