Corporate Meeting with Ashley (rumours)

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd nearly gaurantee it's just a club generated rumour to generate interest.

Coloccini will probably be unveiled, but nobody else.

So the club get the blame for what is probably some nonce making shit up on the internet? :laugh:

There is a possibility that this so called "MAJOR" signing is a rumour the club have been happy to intimate in order to generate interestr and shift the remaining season tickets and corporate boxes.

Call me cynical but it's got to be a possibility. TBH, Colocinni apart I doubt anyone else will be signed in time for Sunday. As for the end of the month, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign more than one more decent first teamers and hugely doubt we'll bring in any player that will shock the footballing world.

Ashley: "Right then Dennis, get on that NUFCblog and tell them we're making a major signing, call yourself big willie or something like that"

There is a possibility that this so called "MAJOR" signing is a rumour the club have been happy to intimate in order to generate interestr and shift the remaining season tickets and corporate boxes.

Call me cynical but it's got to be a possibility. TBH, Colocinni apart I doubt anyone else will be signed in time for Sunday. As for the end of the month, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign more than one more decent first teamers and hugely doubt we'll bring in any player that will shock the footballing world.

Ashley: "Right then Dennis, get on that NUFCblog and tell them we're making a major signing, call yourself big willie or something like that"

To be fair he's more of a small cock tbh

Guest Magpie007

Nail Head  O0

I'd nearly gaurantee it's just a club generated rumour to generate interest.

Coloccini will probably be unveiled, but nobody else.

So the club get the blame for what is probably some nonce making shit up on the internet? :laugh:

I'm sure there'll be one or two who will see it that way. ;)

Happens all the time though and not just at Newcastle, so it's hardly an unfathomable notion that they may have let a rumour or two slip out is it?

:laugh: :laugh:

gonna throw this out there now 'cause i'm bored, get slated for it, then we'll see where we are sep 1st:

so far 4 players in right?  assuming coloccini signs

at the moment our net spend is virtually identical to last year isn't it?  say 10m + 2m + 1m (signing on, guess) + 1m (bassong) = 14m spent

out go emre 3m + rozenthal 2m = 5m recouped, can't even be bothered to think if anyone else has gone for a fee but don't think so

maybe some leeway in those figures but you see what i'm getting at

i think all will join me in sincerely hoping these numbers are not the same come september 1st, another net spend of 10m-ish will be nothing short of a travesty - oh but wait, mike said in a club generated interview that the moneys there so we'll be OK 'cause kevin can sign the players he wants, i'm more relaxed than ever....oh no but shit the newspapers say there's no money to spend and there's turmoil in the camp with KK over signings/sellings

what to believe?

(please, please take the last part as tongue in cheek...the first part, up to you)

Just Shearer not Newcastle

He'll go to Man U, but until then i'll dream of us Selling Smith and Bringing in Berbatov, Taiwo and Diego.

I ask this every time, but nobody answers. Why isn't it a Shearer shirt in the picture then? I'm a big fan of Frank Lampard, but I wouldn't dream of getting a Chelsea shirt with my name on it.

Guest ObaStar

I just heard from a friend whose dad's gardener cuts the lawn of a source close to MA that we will shock the footballing world by resigning alan smith to a 7 year deal worth 90K per week

Guest BooBoo

I just heard from a friend whose dad's gardener cuts the lawn of a source close to MA that we will shock the footballing world by resigning alan smith to a 7 year deal worth 90K per week

How tedious and unamusing.

It's not neccessarily bollocks, but it has had to go from his friends fathers mate to his friends father to his friend, and then to him before he posts it, so a lot of info may have changed.

A bit like the bible I guess

this is way more plausible than the bible tbf

Very selective editing there Dr.V - you a jounalist or a politcian or something ?

political journalist actually, and i practice law in my spare time :pow:

It's not neccessarily bollocks, but it has had to go from his friends fathers mate to his friends father to his friend, and then to him before he posts it, so a lot of info may have changed.

A bit like the bible I guess

this is way more plausible than the bible tbf

Very selective editing there Dr.V - you a jounalist or a politcian or something ?

political journalist actually, and i practice law in my spare time :pow:

Shee-it - I'm keeping out of your way - I'd rather take on 3 night club bouncers all at once !

gonna throw this out there now 'cause i'm bored, get slated for it, then we'll see where we are sep 1st:

at the moment our net spend is virtually identical to last year isn't it?  say 10m + 2m + 1m (signing on, guess) + 1m (bassong) = 14m spent

out go emre 3m + rozenthal 2m = 5m recouped, can't even be bothered to think if anyone else has gone for a fee but don't think so

i think all will join me in sincerely hoping these numbers are not the same come september 1st, another net spend of 10m-ish will be nothing short of a travesty - oh but wait, mike said in a club generated interview that the moneys there so we'll be OK 'cause kevin can sign the players he wants, i'm more relaxed than ever....oh no but s*** the newspapers say there's no money to spend and there's turmoil in the camp with KK over signings/sellings

what to believe?

(please, please take the last part as tongue in cheek...the first part, up to you)

What exactly are you trying to get at? It's a very mixed message.

Oh and I though we got the best part of £3 million for Rozenhal and around £8 million for Emre.

Just Shearer not Newcastle

He'll go to Man U, but until then i'll dream of us Selling Smith and Bringing in Berbatov, Taiwo and Diego.

I ask this every time, but nobody answers. Why isn't it a Shearer shirt in the picture then? I'm a big fan of Frank Lampard, but I wouldn't dream of getting a Chelsea shirt with my name on it.

Bit different though in fairness. He's not English for a start.

EDIT: ah I see what you mean. Have you got a Chelsea shirt with Lampard on it? :shifty:

Guest Toon1981

eurgh, if arshavin becomes a spud then I'd be pretty pissed off. Spending so much on their midfield alone: 20m modric, 15m bentley, 18m+ arshavin and we've spent about 2m on guthrie. where did all their money come from anyway?

The global conspiracy brings in plenty cash innit.

i think all will join me in sincerely hoping these numbers are not the same come september 1st, another net spend of 10m-ish will be nothing short of a travesty - oh but wait, mike said in a club generated interview that the moneys there so we'll be OK 'cause kevin can sign the players he wants, i'm more relaxed than ever....oh no but shit the newspapers say there's no money to spend and there's turmoil in the camp with KK over signings/sellings

what to believe?

Why the fascination with Net Spend?

I'm pretty sure Spurs have spent less than us (net) this summer and may even end up with a net cash inflow once we sign Berbatov for £10m (now where's that afro pointing smiley.....)

We've improved our first team with Guthrie, Coloccino and Spidey.

Our second string has been improved, as has our youth team.

Those we have sold were deadwood, we did well to get any sort of cash for them as they were cloggin up resources.

I would love a couple more signings, like everyone else - a creative spark and a working model of Dukes will do me now. Whether they cost £2m or £20m, 22 years old or 28 years old I don't really care, as long as they improve the team

BTW,

Reading that transcript looks a lot like just putting together all the various pro Ashley stories which have gone round this summer. You could easily do just as a convincing piece on the negatives.

FWIW,

Some of it rings true over what I've been told - only without numbers for wages etc.

Our top target was apparently Deco, Barca agreed a fee but he didn't want to come (we had also tried to get him on loan in Jan...). The money is there, it just won't be spent on a Luque.

scott parkers & coxeau - the point, ad infinitum, is that net spend guarantees nothing but good players cost money; we need good players ergo spending less than bolton have done on one player is simply not good enough for a club our size

i'm very, very happy with what we've signed so far but point to the entirely coincidental similar net spend to last season (budget?) versus all of the other clubs around us as an example that it's not enough...hard to grasp i understand

oh, and scott parkers, spurs?  seriously, you're fucking kidding me right?  a club that have spent the last 4-5 years signing players who have largely increased in value versus us during the same period?  they're selling what they consider shite for money it's not worth somehow yet signing potential quality for similar amounts, hence the net spend..

i said at the start we'll see where we are on sep 1st, as i said back in may when i voiced concerns...i tend to shy away from hyperbole but if this is our summer transfer activity, and you're happy with it, you're a fucken idiot