The return of Lawro

Guest JamesD

Guest toonlass

He mustn't be able to type either. If you look at the bottom of the bbc page it says "Mark Lawrenson was talking to BBC Sport's Phil McNulty". Lazy, useless bugger.

Sod the meaning of life the most perplexing question is, why the hell Lawro hasn't been fired yet.  Does anyone know anyone who doesn't he is a total arse?  I tried to get someone to start a cross club/cross board poll going which we could submit to the BBC clearly showing how unpopular this 'people's pundit' is (I don't have the poer to yet, not enough posts or something).

Once again I'll ask, who cares what he has to say anyway? Why does he have a thread in his name?

He offers predictions on a prominent and respected website (and radio station) based on his 'insight' and 'experience'. It's fun to see him be so wrong.

Once again I'll ask, who cares what he has to say anyway? Why does he have a thread in his name?

He offers predictions on a prominent and respected website (and radio station) based on his 'insight' and 'experience'. It's fun to see him be so wrong.

I can sort of understand enjoying seeing him proved wrong but I can't quite grasp why anything he has to say is of any interest to any of us, and why it winds some up.

To each their own.

out of interest does anyone have the time to collate his predictions into a league table?

it would be nice to see how many points liverpool would win the league by on planet lawro

any takers?

Newcastle v Bolton

Drawing at Man Utd was a very good result for Newcastle.

I liked the way Kevin Keegan set his team up. They defended in numbers but broke quickly.

I was also very impressed with the debuts of Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez. When players come in and make a difference it gives the existing squad a lift and makes them think they have a chance.

Bolton started well against Stoke, they will be awkward and difficult to play against, but I'm going with Newcastle.

Verdict: 2-0

Newcastle v Bolton

I liked the way Kevin Keegan set his team up. They defended in numbers but broke quickly.

I was also very impressed with the debuts of Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez. When players come in and make a difference it gives the existing squad a lift and makes them think they have a chance.

Bolton started well against Stoke, they will be awkward and difficult to play against, but I'm going with Newcastle.

Top bloke :p

Newcastle v Bolton

Top bloke :p

:lol:

Michael Owen. Fit and scoring - the Magpies finish top half, if he isn't then they won't.

Cant really disagree with him, i mean where would we be now if Owen was injured for the 2nd half of last season? The Championship?

That kind of logic would make sense to a degree if nothing had changed since last season, but since that isn't the case it doesn't.

Guest toonlass

SATURDAY

Arsenal v Newcastle (1730 BST)

(Kick-off 1730 BST) 

Cesc Fabregas is back - but they are still not as they should be. They beat a very average Dutch team in the Champions League qualifiers and lack a bit of substance. That's their major problem.

Newcastle have made a good start to the season but it's tough going to the Emirates Stadium because you don't get much of the ball. Both teams will be looking to get a couple of new players in before the transfer window shuts.

Match preview

Verdict: 2-1

SATURDAY

(Kick-off 1730 BST)  

Cesc Fabregas is back - but they are still not as they should be. They beat a very average Dutch team in the Champions League qualifiers and lack a bit of substance. That's their major problem.

Newcastle have made a good start to the season but it's tough going to the Emirates Stadium because you don't get much of the ball. Both teams will be looking to get a couple of new players in before the transfer window shuts.

Match preview

Agree with that apart from the score. 1-0.

Guest toonlass

SATURDAY

(Kick-off 1730 BST)  

Match preview

Agree with that apart from the score. 1-0.

What's not to agree with?

Fabregas is coming back. They played an average dutch team quite poorly.

We have had a canny start. Emirates is not an easy place to go.

We would both like some new players(who wouldn't?)

TBF not much a prediction is it?