The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

I think I'll heed the earlier advice about staying away from the CL for a while!

1 home win out of 8 tonight, christ.

Was the same last night mate.

Barcelona drawing with Basle, Roma beating Chelsea, Liverpool not winning at home, Werder Bremen getting hammered at home, Inter drawing with a Cypriot club...I bet the bookies have had a belter of a midweek! UEFA Cup's normally good mind.

As a more general question, what leagues/competitions do people feel more confident betting on? Of course, infinite circumstances dictate choices, but generally, what leagues or competitions are people more comfortable placing their money in?

Or, to perhaps phrase it better, what do people stay well away from?

I thought the German league was relatively predictable, but results recently have f***ed that right up.

As a more general question, what leagues/competitions do people feel more confident betting on? Of course, infinite circumstances dictate choices, but generally, what leagues or competitions are people more comfortable placing their money in?

Or, to perhaps phrase it better, what do people stay well away from?

I thought the German league was relatively predictable, but results recently have f***ed that right up.

I tend not to touch the Italian & French Leagues. Spanish is normally safe-ish, but the best bets normally tend be the lower leagues in Scotland. If you bet against Hamilton & Berwick, and in favour of Brechin (normally!), Livingston, and of course the Old Firm, you'll not go too far wrong.

£4 on...

Reading to beat Derby (8/11)

Sheff Wed to beat Doncaster (4/6)

Darlington to beat Drolysden (1/3)

Celtic to beat Motherwell (2/9)

returns £18.77.

and £1 on...

Sheff Utd to win at Barnsley (11/8)

Birmingham to win at Forest (10/11)

Reading to beat Derby (8/11)

Darlo to beat Drolysden (1/3)

Huddersfield to beat Port Vale (4/7)

Leicester to beat Stevenage (1/3)

Torquay to beat Evesham (2/7)

Celtic to beat Motherwell (2/9)

Queen of the South to beat Morton (8/15)

Brechin to win at Arbroath (8/11)

Stenhousemuir to beat Dumbarton (11/10)

returns £267.71

Guest BeatMakerz

i had £1 on:

Rapin Wienna,Sturm Graz,Real Madrid,Barcelona,Trabzonspor,Marseille,Lyon,Bordeaux,Roma & Sao Paulo!!

I got them all right for £100, only for Cicinho to go and score an own goal in stoppage time for Roma V Bologna and they ended up drawing 1-1, GUTTED!!  :angry:

i had £1 on:

Rapin Wienna,Sturm Graz,Real Madrid,Barcelona,Trabzonspor,Marseille,Lyon,Bordeaux,Roma & Sao Paulo!!

I got them all right for £100, only for Cicinho to go and score an own goal in stoppage time for Roma V Bologna and they ended up drawing 1-1, GUTTED!!  :angry:

I know the feeling. It seems whenever my accumulator fails, it's always 1 off. Effing annoying!