The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

Last week nufc.com mentioned a bet with Paddy Power - Newcastle to beat anyone of the big four home or away at evens or something.

Does anyone know if this available with any bookie as I can't find it ?

Anyone else taking any interesting seasonal bets ?

Last week nufc.com mentioned a bet with Paddy Power - Newcastle to beat anyone of the big four home or away at 12/1 or something.

Does anyone know if this available with any bookie as I can't find it ?

Anyone else taking any interesting seasonal bets ?

Er...no, it was evens (1/1) and the bet was soon withdrawn from the website/expoure limit met as it was a ridiculously good offer

I've got a few quid on us to win the handicap league, also stuck an accumulator on ManU, Birmingham, Leeds, Gillingham and Celtic. Haven't worked out the odds on that one yet but it'll be well in to the hundreds. edit, just done it, about 550/1.

might stick £100 on Chelsea for the league, very confident it's their season tbh

at what odds ?

i'd only bet that much on chelsea if i could also cross bet with man utd to make a profit.

13/8

couldn't you back man utd at at least 5/4 aswell for £100 and be gurantted a profit whichever wins (and it will be one of the two)

might stick £100 on Chelsea for the league, very confident it's their season tbh

at what odds ?

i'd only bet that much on chelsea if i could also cross bet with man utd to make a profit.

13/8

couldn't you back man utd at at least 5/4 aswell for £100 and be gurantted a profit whichever wins (and it will be one of the two)

I'd rather go all out with Chelsea tbh, I'm very confident it's their year. Plus I will NEVER EVER back Man U

at what odds ?

13/8

I'd rather go all out with Chelsea tbh, I'm very confident it's their year. Plus I will NEVER EVER back Man U

love with your heart,bet with your head.

at what odds ?

13/8

You'd probably win the same amount by simply putting £300 on Chelsea to beat Portsmouth this weekend. Of course it's a much bigger outlay, but less risky.

at what odds ?

13/8

You'd probably win the same amount by simply putting £300 on Chelsea to beat Portsmouth this weekend. Of course it's a much bigger outlay, but less risky.

dunno. wouldn't be surprised if pompey get a draw.

at what odds ?

13/8

i'd have to stake £460 to win the same amount tbh, not really less risky tbh, especially considering Portsmouth's defensive steel and unpredictability

i like the way this is going. people posting their bets before hand rather than after or waiting on one result..

lay accumultor.........hamburg came in waitng on blackpool and hannover not to win

another lay accum..crewe,macclesfield and accrington not to win

Managed to get £400 built up in my betfair during euro 2008 from a £50 deposit so have left that in there for the premirship season see what we can do,

3 bets today

Back Everton £30 @2.08

Back Arsenal clean sheet v west brom £50 @1.8

Back over 2.5 goals Sunderland v Liverpool £20.00 @2.28

if the Arsenal bet wins at lunchtime might put £20 on Crewe to beat carlisle at 5.7