The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

Sunderland look tempting at 6/1. They haven't got an easy run in.

I get a strong feeling them c***s might keep us up. They are now in freefall. Cisse and Jones looking like couldn't give a s***, Malwank looking exactly that. Sbragia shot to pieces tactically (probably worse than our clueless c***s). Man City and WHU (a) then Man U (h) there next three games.

I would love nowt more than to see those pikey cunts go down!

15/2 the Mackems for the drop. Looks like a canny bet to me!

£5 on Cardiff, Aberdeen, W Bremen, Ayr and Ajax

wins me £145

Ronaldo, you're a cheeky little betting supremo - didnt you win 200+ the other day?

Tell me your secret!

wins me £145

Ronaldo, you're a cheeky little betting supremo - didnt you win 200+ the other day?

Tell me your secret!

Didn't do too well tonight mind. :lol:

Oh did it not come in? Twas the way he phrased it!

But still, more success than me.

wins me £145

Tell me your secret!

HA, I wish mate, could have won £110,000 on saturday had 3 more games out of 12 gone my way!

Seriously, instead of buying a pint for £3 before the game, play the Willie Hill selections list. I only put £2 down and had the chance of the return above, much better chance than winning the lottery.

The way I look at it is whatever you win isn't really your money, so I tend to keep whatever I placed and use the rest for future bets. If you're unsure about a couple of games in your accumulator, group em together in trebles, makes more sense.

Net profit of £600 so far this year, which is pretty good I reckon, especially considering how woefully unpredictable the premiership has been this season, half the league being on the same level etc.

On a related note, got a pal who works as a compiler for William Hill. Says Paul Merson is one the phone every single day, even sent them a signed picture asking for better odds. He's apparently lost £1.3M in the last 5 years

Do you look at form that much or just go with what feels good?

For me I'm inevitably one off, often due to some ridiculous shock result.

Yeah, take form and previous fixture into account. Always wait till 10 mins before kick-off if possible after line-ups have been announced, good way to take advantage of the pre-determined odds on the accumulators

Guest mavericknufc

£5 on Wigan, Man City, Derby, Swansea, Chievo,Villareal and Bordeaux to win this weekend...£564