N'Zogbia

The College Dropout

Oh he didn't play poorly, i must be player hating. I just have a vendetta against the lad and ignore what I see.

If that's in response to me, I wasn't defending his performance, I was just saying if you stick an attack minded midfielder at leftback, you should expect a poor performance.

N'Zogbia did as well at left back as an attacking midfielder could to playing there. Also, one poster said that Zoggy was at right back with Beye at one point, which he was in the second half. But the full story was Guthrie moved to left back and Zoggy to CM for 5 minutes. Why i don't know, but it's what happened. Watch the match again you'll see around 70min mark.

Zog's young and has plenty of time to develop a football brain. A lot of posters on this forum are too quick to point out the weakness a player has (no player is perfect, no player!!) and scream sell sell sell! In 5 years time Zoggy and Taylor will be around 27/28 have played thousands of matches and will be at full physical strength and the benefit of 3+ years with Kevin Keegan. They absolutely have to be kept. They'll grow into being class footballers, no doubt about it.

Carragher was Sh*te until he reached 27, Adams wasn't the complete defender before 25. Keown was a good defender who never really recovered from his weaknesses but learned to constrain them in his play. These players give me the sense to realise that sticking with Zoggy and Tayls is what's needed. Not peddlin them for the latest in-fashion fm-suggested foreign player

N'Zogbia did as well at left back as an attacking midfielder could to playing there. Also, one poster said that Zoggy was at right back with Beye at one point, which he was in the second half. But the full story was Guthrie moved to left back and Zoggy to CM for 5 minutes. Why i don't know, but it's what happened. Watch the match again you'll see around 70min mark.

Zog's young and has plenty of time to develop a football brain. A lot of posters on this forum are too quick to point out the weakness a player has (no player is perfect, no player!!) and scream sell sell sell! In 5 years time Zoggy and Taylor will be around 27/28 have played thousands of matches and will be at full physical strength and the benefit of 3+ years with Kevin Keegan. They absolutely have to be kept. They'll grow into being class footballers, no doubt about it.

Carragher was Sh*te until he reached 27, Adams wasn't the complete defender before 25. Keown was a good defender who never really recovered from his weaknesses but learned to constrain them in his play. These players give me the sense to realise that sticking with Zoggy and Tayls is what's needed. Not peddlin them for the latest in-fashion fm-suggested foreign player

correct. it was under instructions from KK, to get Zoggy on the ball to drive us forward. we kept possession quite well in that spell, and it was that spell that took the sting out of the game. i remember an instance when Guthrie wriggled away from 2 Man U players on the touch line and sent Zoggy through with a sublime outside of the foot pass

Thought he was one of our better players today, some clever link up play to go with the sometimes infuriating over-dribbling. Is it just me or does he look happier? Haven't heard much about him moving on recently.

Guest hikickry

Thought he was one of our better players today, some clever link up play to go with the sometimes infuriating over-dribbling. Is it just me or does he look happier? Haven't heard much about him moving on recently.

happier? yes. Smiling? not quite. although i could swear ive seen some smirks

thought zog was good tbh. like him running forward and twisting in an out of gaps. jonas and him both have pace and link up well down the left. still not a lb though. was pleased to see him get to the bye line and that shows he has class.

Are you kidding?

I think Charlie looked a lot more interested against Bolton but I think that was maybe down to KK giving him permission to push forward more. He found a lot of space for most of the game out wide on the left, got the ball a canny bit to but he did not do much with it that was the sad part.