N'Zogbia

The College Dropout

This is the guy who apperently wanted to leave our club some time ago. We've had some trouble with him outside the pitch, that's for sure. That being said, was it Zoggy, his agent, or both who started the rumours mill? ???

Anyway, I rated N'Zogbia. The lad clearly got talent, and I think some off you are a bit unfair. Cause at times last season he played really well. He still young, and being played out of position can't be easy... If he accept competition and does not want to leave (if that is the case) .. by showing his commitment, he'll improve.

I'd like to see him being played MC on the left in a 4-4-2.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Although quick and has some dribbling ability he lacks what I think is far more important and that is a "footballing brain". If he lacks that in areas where he is most comfortable then its unlikely he will prosper in a position where he is weak and thats left back.

I just find the guy frustrating as he generally fails to make the most of promising runs or situations. He isn't the only one but I cannot believe that we can be successful if Zog is going to play a lot of games for us.

Brown is a better player than Beye.

:idiot2:

Sorry but words couldn't express my thoughts quite as well as that smillie.

:rolleyes:

Yeah its ludicrous to suggest that a player who was an integral part of a league & european cup winning team is better than Beye.

At fullback its close but in the middle there's no contest.

When Vidic got injured & Brown moved into the middle he was immense. Played superbly against Barcelona..

No think about it.

If you only have to defend as opose to defending and attacking its easier no?

Yes but that logic is pretty dodgy. ON this basis Cacapa is better than Ferdinand because he has lots more pressure whilst Ferdinand can spend his time trying to find Ronaldo with 30 yard passes.

Brown played in all Manure's big matches, both domestic & European and played well. Nowhere to hide their.. going forward he's mediocre but defensively he's solid, his primary position is CB and it shows.

Browns average, he just sits behind a tremendous RW in Ronaldo.

Aye Ronaldo really helps Brown out defensively.

The point that you're missing is that playing behind Ronaldo, he does not need to defend that much coz the winger would probably be busier helping his left back defend againt Ronaldo and very few left back would dare to overlap when playing against Ronaldo.

He is ok as a CB (slightly better than Taylor) but dont rate him as a right back at all. Beye over Brown at RB anyday 

Browns average, he just sits behind a tremendous RW in Ronaldo.

Aye Ronaldo really helps Brown out defensively.

The point that you're missing is that playing behind Ronaldo, he does not need to defend that much coz the winger would probably be busier helping his left back defend againt Ronaldo and very few left back would dare to overlap when playing against Ronaldo.

He is ok as a CB (slightly better than Taylor) but dont rate him as a right back at all. Beye over Brown at RB anyday  

Yes but that logic is pretty dodgy. ON this basis Cacapa is better than Ferdinand because he has lots more pressure whilst Ferdinand can spend his time trying to find Ronaldo with 30 yard passes.

Brown played in all Manure's big matches, both domestic & European and played well. Nowhere to hide their.. going forward he's mediocre but defensively he's solid, his primary position is CB and it shows.

The game was just rebroadcast here in the States.

Watching it again, I couldn't help but wonder what Keegan is thinking. Zog was dreadful in defence and offered nothing going forward. He was really, really poor. On second viewing, Butt didn't look nearly as bad as I initially thought. Zog provided nothing and was a big liability.

Although quick and has some dribbling ability he lacks what I think is far more important and that is a "footballing brain". If he lacks that in areas where he is most comfortable then its unlikely he will prosper in a position where he is weak and thats left back.

I just find the guy frustrating as he generally fails to make the most of promising runs or situations. He isn't the only one but I cannot believe that we can be successful if Zog is going to play a lot of games for us.

I'd agree with this. He seems to be in permanent state of not quite knowing what to do. While he hesitates, everything happens around him. 'Lost' is the adjective I find myself using most often for him.

Wide midfield in a 4-4-2 probably suits him because it's the simplest position on the pitch. The minute he has more responsibility or decisions to make (and that includes when he's pushed more centrally), he seems to flounder.

The zog was terrible yesterday

he was all over the pitch, at one stage he was at right back with Beye.

If Jonas was not as quality as what he is and was'nt pulling back to assist then i think that left channel would have been and open door for manUre to score more goals.

either we need to play him as an attacking player or not at all.

he was all over the pitch, at one stage he was at right back with Beye.

Aye, Beye would have had it covered as well. Legged it to right back and ended up clattering a player in a dangerous position.

Was worried he was going to lose it for us in the second half. He's NOT a defender. Push him up!

It just didn't happen for Zoggy yesterday, he made some good runs and then got tackled losing posession, took risks, left gaps. He's not a lb as we all know unless we were really chasing a game (i.e. need to take a risk to score).

I'd like to have seen Zoggy play in Duff's role yesterday, Duff in all fairness looked alot better than last season, linked the midfield with attack and held the ball up well not wasting it, but didn't really take any risks taking players on at all.

Not 100% sure if Zoggy can play as an attacking midfielder or not there's only one way to find out i suppose. He's not been all that good playing there under other managers we've had.

This would be quite adventerous (i.e. it may not work, but worth a try):

Milner  Guthrie  Zoggy  Jonas

Duff

Martins

or maybe:

Milner  Guthrie  ?????  Jonas

Zoggy

Martins

or

Jonas  Milner  Guthrie  Zoggy 

Duff

Martins

Or as just as a Sub for Milner and Jonas if either were having an off day/Injured/ In need of rest/we were winning comfortably.

Some people here have this tabloid mentality.. the OP is truly amazing in that sense.. poor attitude & work-rate, positionally horrible, should be embarrassed..

Now I know people would love to see N'Zogbia fail, so that they can say after that "See, I told you so", but how can you pick up on a player after what was a brilliant team performance. Keegan picked the squad, took a gamble on Zog at LB and ultimately it paid off.. and that's all that matters.

Some people here have this tabloid mentality.. the OP is truly amazing in that sense.. poor attitude & work-rate, positionally horrible, should be embarrassed..

Now I know people would love to see N'Zogbia fail, so that they can say after that "See, I told you so", but how can you pick up on a player after what was a brilliant team performance. Keegan picked the squad, took a gamble on Zog at LB and ultimately it paid off.. and that's all that matters.

mods ban him!! he's talking sense!!!!  :knuppel2:

Agreed.  I'm sick of all fo this player hating nonsense.  Zog is by no means an LB, had he been at arsenal from a young age I expect Wenger would have trained him as a striker.  You can't expect someone who has probably played 10 games at leftback and been trained as an attacking midfielder to defend well against the European Champions.

Last season ffs.

It was the last competitive game before Man U. :lol:

I was taking the piss.

Generally he aint impressive on the wing either...

but better than Milner and Duff there tbh

based on what ?. his form of 2 years ago.