N'Zogbia

The College Dropout

Guest Howaythetoon

The trouble is, he is far from convincing on the wing either. I think his best position could well be left of a front 3 which I thought we'd see him playing under Big Sam long-term but I can't see KK using him there and if Jonas continues to perform on the left-flank I can't see KK changing things too much either. So LB will be where he plays mainly - if at all - as he'll be out of the starting lineup if we brought in another left-back. Unless KK does plan to switch Jonas to the right that is.

Enrique in at left back, Zog left wing, Jonas right. That would be worth a look.

That is the ultimate for me, and most others i think.

You could also switch Zog to the right wing and play Jonas left, allowing Charlie to cut in and shoot more. Either way, we would be more direct and have pace down both flanks.

You could have just said today highlighted he wasn't a left back.

The main point was his lack of work ethic. Atleast 3 times during the match he lost the ball. Even as a winger you would hope for a higher work rate. And when was the last time he impressed whilst playing in midfield? his best moments from last season came from defence.

In a word, bollocks.

I think he played well considering he is not a left back.  He tracked back, tackled well and played some very good passes. 

Jonas covered for him very well, but both of them switched well throughout the match.

I honestly think the above is uncalled for considering. 

That's also the way that I saw it.

The main point was his lack of work ethic. Atleast 3 times during the match he lost the ball. Even as a winger you would hope for a higher work rate. And when was the last time he impressed whilst playing in midfield? his best moments from last season came from defence.

Everton away last season.

Last season ffs.

Guest FlapjackJoe

I still don't understand why people are moaning so much about Zoggy being played out of position at left-back...

I don't think he's terrible at left-back, and obviously better going forward than defending.  But surely, if he can add the defensive part of being a full-back to his game, he'll be a better player.

Look at teams like Manchester United and Arsenal - they often swap players' positions around.  Ronaldo plays left, right, up front, sometimes even through the middle.  Yesterday Eboue started in central midfield, etc. etc.

Surely it's beneficial for a team if a player CAN play out of position, it gives a manager more options...

Personally, I think Jose Enrique is also still far from the finished article, and sometimes he makes blatant errors - he was directly at fault for pre-season goals for Doncaster Rovers and PSV Eindhoven.

One could argue he has even more to learn defensively than Zoggy...

Last season ffs.

:lol:

Why the fuck did i think he played decent there? I didnt realise him doing much wrong, they didnt get much frm him.

Btw, Wes Brown looked like one of the worst full backs in the premiership at right back today, abysmal player, chuffed we didnt sign him.

Why the f*** did i think he played decent there? I didnt realise him doing much wrong, they didnt get much frm him.

Btw, Wes Brown looked like one of the worst full backs in the premiership at right back today, abysmal player, chuffed we didnt sign him.

even though he's comfortably better than every single one of our defenders bar Coloccini

Why the f*** did i think he played decent there? I didnt realise him doing much wrong, they didnt get much frm him.

even though he's comfortably better than every single one of our defenders bar Coloccini

Beye?