Best Line Up

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still on a high from yesterday, got me thinking imagine what we could do this season with the right signings:

......................................Given....................................

Beye..............Tayls............................Colo...................Taiwo/Warnock

.....................................Guthrie..............................................

.......................Barton...................Riquelme...................

..............Jonas..........................................................Owen.....

............................................Martins........................................

Still on a high from yesterday, got me thinking imagine what we could do this season with the right signings:

......................................Given....................................

Beye..............Tayls............................Colo...................Taiwo/Warnock

.....................................Guthrie..............................................

.......................Barton...................Riquelme...................

..............Jonas..........................................................Owen.....

............................................Martins........................................

Not sure Owen is much of a left wing forward tbh.  Riquelme wouldn't adapt to the league either.

Not sure Owen is much of a left wing forward tbh.  Riquelme wouldn't adapt to the league either.

Not that sure anymore after seeing Deco's impressive debut for Chelski...kinda similar player to me

Not that sure anymore after seeing Deco's impressive debut for Chelski...kinda similar player to me

we should sign you then if youre so good!

I take it you mean Riquelme.  He's probably one of the most intelliegient players in the world but to play him you really have to give him complete freedom,  this doesn't generally work in the prem.  Riquelme also lacks pace severly and this is so vital in the prem.  On a cold windy night in decemeber away at Stoke would Riquelme turn up?  I doubt it

Against Bolton KK will probably to go with the same team again imo and who could blame him after their heroics (Owen coming off the bench possibly).

Butt was brilliant at times, tremendous tackling and awfull at times too, giving the ball awaycaught in possesion, giving free kicks away etc

I'd be tempted to try:

Given

Beye  Taylor   Coloccinni  Enrique

Jonas   Guthrie Milner   Zoggy

Owen/Duff   

Martins

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Milner  Guthrie  Inler  Jonas

Viduka    Owen/Martins (rotation)

Subs: Harper, Warnock, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Barton, Duff, Martins/Owen

-------------Given----------

Beye--Taylor--Colo--Enrique

----Jonas--Barton--Zoggy----

--------------Milner----------------

---------Owen---Martins--------

Milner as AMC?   :kasper:

His original role yes, without doubt, it needs to be tried before we sell him. I reckon its where his future lies and i've always said the same.

Milner as AMC?   :kasper:

Agree with Toon's Taylor, think he's worth a try there.

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

New RM  Guthrie  Barton  Jonas

Owen  Martins

If we can get a new center midfielder, then Barton drops to the bench. If we get a new big-ish striker, then the 4-3-3 will be much more suitable for the personnel that we have.

Same back 5.

New midfielder  Guthrie  Jonas (who seems perfect for this role)

New striker    Owen    Martins

Owen can do what he did towards the end of last season.

As things stand:

4-3-3

Given

Beye   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Guthrie

Barton        Jonas

Martins        Owen        Viduka

4-4-1-1

Given

Beye    Taylor   Coloccini    Enrique

Jonas   Guthrie   Barton   N'Zogbia

Martins  Owen

We really need to find out how long Barton's going to be out for. If he's out for 15 weeks or whatever, then we're going to struggle to play 4-4-2 week-in, week-out with any success, with Butt and Guthrie in there all the time.

Guest rebel_yell12

Given

Beye   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Milner   Guthrie   Inler   Jonas

Viduka     Owen/Martins (rotation)

Subs: Harper, Warnock, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Barton, Duff, Martins/Owen

Only problem with this, is that I doubt KK is going to "rotate" his captain.  Those leaving Owen out may want to have a word, since he's captain and all.  I somehow don't think Keegan is expecting Owen to be on the bench.

We need to have Martins and Owen playing together as much as possible IMO. They are both a constant threat to the opposition, although in two different ways, Martins with his pace and unpredictability and Owen with his awareness, runs and finishing.

Milner as AMC?  :kasper:

His original role yes, without doubt, it needs to be tried before we sell him. I reckon its where his future lies and i've always said the same.

I reckon your right about that.