New signing/singing section

Guest Howaythetoon

• 4 weeks later...

I have a mate who sits in the Sir John Hall middle tier and he says that he cannot hear the singing section much. I am in the singing section and know that we sing all the way through matches although when I sat near him last season I could not hear them up the top much.

Can people here us around the ground or not?

Guest Milburnthedog

The singing section was woeful on Saturday. For a group of people wanting to sit/stand together and make a noise, it was cack. The rest of the ground were little better.

The singing section was woeful on Saturday. For a group of people wanting to sit/stand together and make a noise, it was cack. The rest of the ground were little better.

Very good first half, poor second half.  Pretty much like the football.

Cooincidence, I dont think so. 

really ? I thought they were very quiet the whole game and then when the fans in the corner started singing about not being able to hear the Stoke fans sing that was just embarrassing.

Very good first half, poor second half.  Pretty much like the football.

Cooincidence, I dont think so. 

Guest hawayman

I sit in the middle of Sir John Hall level 4 and can hear the singing section at times but is easily drowned out by away fans, probably because they are right above me.

Heard the rest of the ground sing about twice, and even then it was only the back of the gallowgate. Stand up in the leazes end was belted out twice, and I saw 1, just 1 person stand up in the lower leazes. Nobody ever joins in.

I didn't hear the Stoke fans once untill the end.

Normally sit in Leazes level 4, but sat in their for the stoke game n thought the atmosphere was much better than anywhere else in the ground, though whenever i sit in my season ticket seat i can't hear it that well.

Heard the rest of the ground sing about twice, and even then it was only the back of the gallowgate. Stand up in the leazes end was belted out twice, and I saw 1, just 1 person stand up in the lower leazes. Nobody ever joins in.

^^ This.

Its actually quite disheartening when the rest of the ground cant be arsed and your belting out songs at the top of your voice.

^^ This.

Its actually quite disheartening when the rest of the ground cant be arsed and your belting out songs at the top of your voice.

I understand what you are saying but the song "stand up, in the leazes end" is shit.  What are the people in the Leazes end supposed to do?, stand up and sing the same song to stand up for no apparent reason?

Of course no one joined in.

^^ This.

I understand what you are saying but the song "stand up, in the leazes end" is s***.  What are the people in the Leazes end supposed to do?, stand up and sing the same song to stand up for no apparent reason?

I didnt mean that specific song, just in general.  You need to calm down a bit!

:)

^^ This.

I understand what you are saying but the song "stand up, in the leazes end" is s***.  What are the people in the Leazes end supposed to do?, stand up and sing the same song to stand up for no apparent reason?

Stand up, be counted, show your support for the team, join in with a chant. Whatever. 5k or so people saw sence in standing and singing the song. If the whole of the Leazes stood for that chant, then another chant followed, the place would be rocking.

It is disheartening when you are actually singing as much as you would at an away game but people cant hear you.

It obviously just depends where people sit coz my mate at work sits in the East Stand and he could hear us

It is disheartening when you are actually singing as much as you would at an away game but people cant hear you.

It obviously just depends where people sit coz my mate at work sits in the East Stand and he could hear us

East Stand, South Corner.  Have barely heard anything all season, to be honest.