New signing/singing section

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest mickcee

I hardly heard them from the Gallowgate, certainly not as much as I use to hear theaway fans!! But my mate sits over there and said he could hear them, but nowhere near like he thought was going to be like. Thought the lads behind me in the gallowgate never shut up, singing about the 'sing when your winning' section as Mad Mick calls them in beyond!!!

For the umpteenth time, the atmosphere in the stands is dictated by what happens on the pitch and any contrived attempts at creating an atmosphere don't work.

The singing section was noisy for the first 20 minutes and was then mute until Seamus saved the penalty.

If it wasn't for that penalty save they would have stayed mute until we scored.

I was sitting in it and for the most part seemed fine. Only thing I hated was when a few started "Oh When The Mags", to that slow dirge that Spurs fans do when they sing it. Cringeworthy.

sounded good i thought when more people joined in with it??

3 of my mates changed their seats to the singing section for this season and they have absolutely no intention of joining in the singing.  They've just gone for the cheaper seats as it saved them about £260 or something.  I reckon there'll be quite a few with the same idea.

3 of my mates changed their seats to the singing section for this season and they have absolutely no intention of joining in the singing.  They've just gone for the cheaper seats as it saved them about £260 or something.  I reckon there'll be quite a few with the same idea.

What the fuck do they go to the match for then?

A quiet wank in the corner, followed by a grotty pie at half time?

I'm not slating those who wanted to move for cheaper seats, but christ on a bike...will they join in with at least cheering the team and maybes the odd song? :)

What the f*** do they go to the match for then?

A quiet w*** in the corner, followed by a grotty pie at half time?

I'm not slating those who wanted to move for cheaper seats, but christ on a bike...will they join in with at least cheering the team and maybes the odd song? :)

I think it's coz they've just been sat in a quiet area of the ground where not much singing/shouting etc. goes on.  Over the years they've just became conditioned that way.  I got a shock when I sat with them one game last season.  As I was shouting random outbursts I was just getting looked at like I was an idiot.  I was glad to be back in my seat next game.

You never know, sitting with a louder part of the crowd might give them a new perspective on things.

I think it's coz they've just been sat in a quiet area of the ground where not much singing/shouting etc. goes on.  Over the years they've just became conditioned that way.  I got a shock when I sat with them one game last season.  As I was shouting random outbursts I was just getting looked at like I was an idiot.  I was glad to be back in my seat next game.

You never know, sitting with a louder part of the crowd might give them a new perspective on things.

I hope so mate.

Last season I was sat around the same types...being looked at as if I was mental. :)

Just glad I can go along now and know that I wont look as much of a mental case, watch some football, get behind the team and have a bit of a sing song.

I hope so mate.

Last season I was sat around the same types...being looked at as if I was mental. :)

Just glad I can go along now and know that I wont look as much of a mental case, watch some football, get behind the team and have a bit of a sing song.

Where abouts where you mate, nearer the milburn or away fans?

Guest rosstoon

The slowed down version of Oh when the mags is class. Saouthampton sing it but gets ruined by some idiots who dont want to sing it slow. Spurs sing it and it is class as the momentum builds up and more and more people join in. Every song can be classed as a rip off of another teams. The amount of different versions to the boot boys, Blaydon races etc sung by other teams. Its a song and its a good one

• 2 months later...

Was Very loud Last night , i normally have a seat there but got a ticket in Gallowgate for nowt and gave me fatha mine. From the gallowgate it sounded like away supporters normally do. Well done lads and i will be joining you for Villa.

i thought it was better at the citeh game tbh last night was a bit flat after a while

Are there many empty seats normally ?

I sit just below there and wouldn't mind coming up for a few games, try to sneak there anyway on my season ticket  O0

Never really any empty seats, but you can't really tell as everyone is standing. You could always just stand on the stairs though. Or if you know anyone up their already you could just stand with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have a look at Mohammed Abdellaoue AKA "moa" from Vålerenga. Great prospect! Has showed some great signs this season.

Ah yes, but does he know the words to "Ohhhh, Gutierrez, from Buenos Aires..." etc?

Should have a look at Mohammed Abdellaoue AKA "moa" from Vålerenga. Great prospect! Has showed some great signs this season.

Ah yes, but does he know the words to "Ohhhh, Gutierrez, from Buenos Aires..." etc?

whaaat ? :dontknow:

whaaat ? :dontknow:

Read the rest of the thread. :razz: