New signing/singing section

Guest Howaythetoon

Well hopefully once the season ticket issue is sorted out and a few more people move to the Singing section, the atmosphere will build and start to improve.

Its only the first game so theres lots of time for it to make the difference.

Although today it sounded like the crowd needed something to liven them up as it was a drab affair.

Sounded pretty average tbh, actually, it sounded s****.

Where were you sitting?

Gallowgate lower tier. They sounded better last season with 1 or 2 blocks of fans than they did with 3 or 4 blocks of fans.

& you, along with most others around there, created a really good atmosphere and sang your hearts out, yes? (which the corner so obviously didnt do)

SINGING SECTION, no f***ing good if they dont sing much  :idiot2:

And yes, i sang my heart out for quite a bit of the match, does it matter if i did or not? Gallowgate wasnt created to make a atmosphere, the singing section was.

So its a 'bonus' that you sing in the gallowgate end because its not in the singing section? For the record, the singing section did sing, & very loudly a lot of the time, its just people in the rest of the ground didnt join in a lot of the time, which is probably why it it couldnt be heard sometimes. And singing section or not, you are critizing that part of the ground, yet have you not got any words for the amazing gallowgate end and its wall of noise these days? Because, yes I might be mistaken, but I hardly hear a peep from there and I think you should be pissed off that you sit somewhere thats so bloody quiet most the time.

Well, for not singing my throat is certinally fucked!!!

I thought the atmosphere was decent at times up there.  Glad I moved anyhow, at least I can sing and have a laugh than being looked at as if im mental.

Went a bit quiet nearing the end of the first half and was muted with sporodic chants until Given saved the pen, then it exploded.  Was quality for the last 25 minutes.

I'm not slating other parts of the ground, but hopefully we can get some of them chanting again next match at home eh? Gallowgate especially. 

Guest The Corner

Where were you sitting?

Gallowgate lower tier. They sounded better last season with 1 or 2 blocks of fans than they did with 3 or 4 blocks of fans.

& you, along with most others around there, created a really good atmosphere and sang your hearts out, yes? (which the corner so obviously didnt do)

And yes, i sang my heart out for quite a bit of the match, does it matter if i did or not? Gallowgate wasnt created to make a atmosphere, the singing section was.

So its a 'bonus' that you sing in the gallowgate end because its not in the singing section? For the record, the singing section did sing, & very loudly a lot of the time, its just people in the rest of the ground didnt join in a lot of the time, which is probably why it it couldnt be heard sometimes. And singing section or not, you are critizing that part of the ground, yet have you not got any words for the amazing gallowgate end and its wall of noise these days? Because, yes I might be mistaken, but I hardly hear a peep from there and I think you should be pissed off that you sit somewhere thats so bloody quiet most the time.

am still of the opinion that the most meaninful (not the most) noise comes from the corner and the back of the gallowgate. But having the singing section where it is now made it easier for the rest of the ground to join in when it could be heard.

Overall though for the first game of the season i thought the atmosphere was poor regardless of who we are playing, the quality of the match so on so on

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Well, for not singing my throat is certinally f***ed!!!

I thought the atmosphere was decent at times up there.  Glad I moved anyhow, at least I can sing and have a laugh than being looked at as if im mental.

Went a bit quiet nearing the end of the first half and was muted with sporodic chants until Given saved the pen, then it exploded.  Was quality for the last 25 minutes.

I'm not slating other parts of the ground, but hopefully we can get some of them chanting again next match at home eh? Gallowgate especially. 

Gallowgate was rocking in the second half like IMO. "Leazes, give us a song, singers corner giz a song"

Guest toonlass

Well, for not singing my throat is certinally f***ed!!!

Gallowgate was rocking in the second half like IMO. "Leazes, give us a song, singers corner giz a song"

Never heard it to be fair. We hardly ever hear the Gallowgate sing.

Guest Milburnthedog

I sit in the NE Corner and was chuffed when the new singing corner was moved up to the Leazes. The away fans have had the benefit of the best acoustics in SJP for years and it was a great move to move our noisy volunteers up there. However, most away fans in previous seasons who filled the 3,000 corner made more noise than them yesterday. Granted, when they all sang it was loud and improved the atmosphere but it was few and far between. I was expecting far better from them.

6/10 room for improvement.

Where were you sitting?

Gallowgate sung for most of the match, much better view of the game, can make out whats going on, easy to get into my seat, easy to get out quickly, not hundreds of dirty chavs (singing section will soon attract them).

so i would say the gallowgate is a good place to sit actually  :smug: although the singing section, is hovering over the clouds with 100 flights of stairs to get up, suppose thats a reason why a few hundred at the front sat and didnt sing?

I sat up there and wasnto too impressed. Dont understand why people up there sat all game and didnt sing once when its a dedicated 'singing corner'. Did improve second half though.

I sat up there and wasnto too impressed. Dont understand why people up there sat all game and didnt sing once when its a dedicated 'singing corner'. Did improve second half though.

Because the seats were cheaper probably.

Where were you sitting?

Gallowgate sung for most of the match, much better view of the game, can make out whats going on, easy to get into my seat, easy to get out quickly, not hundreds of dirty chavs (singing section will soon attract them).

so i would say the gallowgate is a good place to sit actually  :smug: although the singing section, is hovering over the clouds with 100 flights of stairs to get up, suppose thats a reason why a few hundred at the front sat and didnt sing?

Im not really arsed about however many stairs, the views really good imo, and erm yes its easy to find my seat (??), & most fans are not dirty charvs, there was probably as many charvs in the gallowgate end. I thought the gallowgate end died a death many years ago, & thought there was a lot of fuss about the poor negative atmosphere these days, hence the club trying to do something about it, but obviously Im wrong because the gallowgate end sings most the game every matchday, so sorted.

Guest labrowski

I was sat up in L7 and thought it was canny. Nice level of noise just not constant the whole game! And it's a little bit annoying when people start the keano chant at a game against Bolton! hmmm

I'd rather have a shite view and be able to stand all match and sing. Not that it matters, we shouldn't be argueing amongst eachother over which stand is best. Whilst the atmosphere was pretty decent in the Leazes Corner, the rest of the ground seldom joined in. It doesnt help that we have a stand full of corporate bars and shit.

I'd rather have a s**** view and be able to stand all match and sing. Not that it matters, we shouldn't be argueing amongst eachother over which stand is best. Whilst the atmosphere was pretty decent in the Leazes Corner, the rest of the ground seldom joined in. It doesnt help that we have a stand full of corporate bars and s***.

Here here, I just dont understand someone rippin the corner when the whole reason it was created was because the whole ground has been dead for for ages now.

The noise was really good in spells, good to see Keegan give a wave, it will definetely grow as the season goes on, just a shame others didnt join in sometimes. Good thing was that there wernt many negatives vibes from the stands yesterday, getting on the players back etc.

I think overall it was a good first game for the new section.

Lets be honest it was a drab affair on the pitch and I reckon when we have a proper away following to banter with plus an exciting game on the pitch, then it should be rocking up there.

Shame is looks as though a lot of people have moved there simply because it is the cheapest place and not with the intention of singing which spoils it a little.

I think overall it was a good first game for the new section.

Lets be honest it was a drab affair on the pitch and I reckon when we have a proper away following to banter with plus an exciting game on the pitch, then it should be rocking up there.

Shame is looks as though a lot of people have moved there simply because it is the cheapest place and not with the intention of singing which spoils it a little.

Aye, the first 3 blocks of the Leazes Corner stood (F, E & D). The back rows of C & B stood, and then most the bottom half of A stood. So only around half of the actual LC were there with the intention of standing and singing.

Heres some pics, dunno if they've been posted...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/jrtoonarmy/P8130206.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/jrtoonarmy/P8130207.jpg

Guest jrtoonarmy

the fans who sat would have been public sale seats! there is only just over 1,500 season tickets in the leazes coener

Guest alijmitchell

the fans who sat would have been public sale seats! there is only just over 1,500 season tickets in the leazes coener

to be fair, I was at the front of all those blocks and kept getting told to sit down by the stewards, but the atmosphere was decent around me and there is definitely room for improvement.

I think alot of that area must be folk who bought the Silver shirt and got a tenner ticket.

Like me!

I thought that corner did a pretty decent job tbf.