Entertainment

Dave

The one thing that is guaranteed with Keegan, every time.

Sure, we might lose a few games but we'll win a lot more purely on the back of going at teams and asking questions of them. We've done that in all the games so far this season and even though it's been very 'heart in mouth' stuff at times it's great fun to watch. This is what football is all about, and we've been deprived of it for too long now.

Fucking love it. :smitten:

Don't you dare say you would've posted this message had the score been 3-2 to them.

:)

I know I for sure wasn't feeling heartened at the entertainment value after the 4-3 defeats at Anfield.

But yes, since we did win, I agree with your post.

Sure, we might lose a few games but we'll win a lot more purely on the back of going at teams and asking questions of them. We've done that in all the games so far this season and even though it's been very 'heart in mouth' stuff at times it's great fun to watch. This is what football is all about, and we've been deprived of it for too long now.

f***ing love it. :smitten:

Amen.

You score 2, we'll score 3.

Players who actually want to play for each other and for the club. Makes a world of difference!!!

One thing I realised in the last few games is we have no-one who really argues and argues with the ref' anymore, and it's really good. Just seeing people get on with it. There's a great team spirit and a great thing going on here at Newcastle, I just hope it lasts and we can get one or two more lads in to bolster our squad.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

Don't you dare say you would've posted this message had the score been 3-2 to them.

I know I for sure wasn't feeling heartened at the entertainment value after the 4-3 defeats at Anfield.

The downs make the ups that much more sweeter. I'd much rather go at a team and lose 4-3 than set out to draw and lose anyway (yes that's you Allardyce you fuck).

The whole game tonight was entertaining, even if we played abit shite in the 2nd half the whole going to 2-2 then 3-2 was immensely enjoyable. One of my friends had 80 quid on a bet, and because Newcastle drew in 90 minutes she lost, if that was me i would be inconsolable :(

With Ranger on we'd superman those hoes. :lol:

On a serious note though, loved the entertainment, always have loved the way we've played under Keegan and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it throughout the season.

was going to post something similar in the second half when the match thread disintegrated - this IS Keegan-esque football, this is why we were all excited about him coming back: we had last minute goals (both halves), some exquisite passing and attacking football and it always seemed as though whenever Coventry would score, we would just go up the other end and get another.

i grew up watching newcastle on this type of football, so maybe the fans more accustomed to the last ten years or so don't have this "score one more" mentality already tuned into their game-watching psyche - it doesn't always work, but it always gives you hope.

looking forward to Keegan getting the chance to work with some strikers - our 'wingers' ran riot tonight at times.

The downs make the ups that much more sweeter. I'd much rather go at a team and lose 4-3 than set out to draw and lose anyway (yes that's you Allardyce you fuck).

Fuckin' right.

The whole game tonight was entertaining, even if we played abit shite in the 2nd half the whole going to 2-2 then 3-2 was immensely enjoyable. One of my friends had 80 quid on a bet, and because Newcastle drew in 90 minutes she lost, if that was me i would be inconsolable :(

I almost put a £100 bet in before the game started. I don't think I've ever been that happy about not making a bet on a match as I was in that cursed extra minute of added time :lol:

Amen.

Players who actually want to play for each other and for the club. Makes a world of difference!!!

One thing I realised in the last few games is we have no-one who really argues and argues with the ref' anymore, and it's really good. Just seeing people get on with it. There's a great team spirit and a great thing going on here at Newcastle, I just hope it lasts and we can get one or two more lads in to bolster our squad.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

3 games in, I don't think a single player has been booked!

rule of betting number 1: never place important sums of money on your own team

of course, if she's not a toon fan then that doesn't apply.

Amen.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

Taylor for hanball is the only one I think.

Amen.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

Yep, forgot about that one.

Amen.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

Smith has hardly played...we'll give it some more time eh..... :razz:

Still a great record to have. If we can't get into Europe via cup glory or league finishes at least we might get in via fair play. :coolsmiley:

Guest optimistic nit

it may well have cost us an extra 30 minutes, but i liked how, when he had the chance, jonas in the 91st minute chose to cross the ball (bad one mind) rather than go to the corner flag. him and keegan were made for each other, and i've always detested players taking the ball into the corner flag even if it is us doing it. (milner did it in the 92nd minute and ironically if he hadn't we'd probably have won in 90 minutes).

Amen.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

Still a great record to have. If we can't get into Europe via cup glory or league finishes at least we might get in via fair play. :coolsmiley:

It's based on a lot more than red and yellow cards.

Amen.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O.....

It's based on a lot more than red and yellow cards.

Ah well, at least it contributes.

For once I think the players seem to be enjoying their football too. Every now and then you would see them smiling and/or joking with the ref'/linesmen, and they never seem to argue amongst each other anymore or owt so..... :smug:

Guest SimaNUFC

It was a very good performance, even though the opposition is someone we were expected to beat. They give us run for our money and I think we  could snatch a point at The Emirates next week if we are lucky enough.