Official Serie A Thread

Decky

Mudingayi and Diakite too. The problem in Italy is the ultras. In England it is not a problem to single out and remove the racist idiot from the rather seperated all seater stadium. However, the ultras in Italy have far to much power and influence.

Lazio's Ultras run the merchandising of the club.

By they way, for a look at the history, power and politics of Italian football Calcio by John Foot is top notch.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jRFLtG99L._SL210_.jpg

Cracking read.

This whole Serie A is boring thing is nonsense by the way. If people just watched the football instead of spitting out stereotypes they learned as a child, things would be better. Plenty of talent and nice playing teams in Italy these days.

I wouldn't say it's boring as such but I definitely find English and Spanish top level football to be more exciting.

This whole Serie A is boring thing is nonsense by the way. If people just watched the football instead of spitting out stereotypes they learned as a child, things would be better. Plenty of talent and nice playing teams in Italy these days.

find it much more entertaining than the spanish league tbh, always have

I think Serie A is even more boring now than it was when I was a 'child'. Even if it's less defensive, The play seems even slower and obviously the standard has dropped.

Italy got players like Trezequet/Zlatan/Totti/Kaka/Pato/Maicon/Quaresma/Cassano/Buffon/Gilardino/Mellberg/Poulsen/Iaquinta/Zanetti/Cambiasso/Adriano/

Vargas/Nesta/Zarate/Pandev/Hamsik/Mexes/Aquilani/De Rossi/Rosina/Quagliarella/Di Natale etc etc

Mind it is a league without any quality plyers, they are all absolute s***.  :rolleyes:

No one even said that, they said the standard is dropping and in my opinion it is -  Del Piero being top goal scorer last year says it all, when he is half the player he was before his injury.

Plus Sheva, rated incredibly highly comes to Chelsea and does zilch.  Looks too slow, lightweight and clumsy.  So its a reasonable judgement to make imo.

Italy got players like Trezequet/Zlatan/Totti/Kaka/Pato/Maicon/Quaresma/Cassano/Buffon/Gilardino/Mellberg/Poulsen/Iaquinta/Zanetti/Cambiasso/Adriano/

Vargas/Nesta/Zarate/Pandev/Hamsik/Mexes/Aquilani/De Rossi/Rosina/Quagliarella/Di Natale etc etc

Mind it is a league without any quality plyers, they are all absolute s***.  :rolleyes:

No one even said that, they said the standard is dropping and in my opinion it is -  Del Piero being top goal scorer last year says it all, when he is half the player he was before his injury.

Plus Sheva, rated incredibly highly comes to Chelsea and does zilch.  Looks too slow, lightweight and clumsy.  So its a reasonable judgement to make imo.

I'd agree, the standard has dropped from the early/mid 90's but a lot of clubs don't have the spending or pulling power unlike England and Spain IMO.

Woks both ways really.The likes of Bergkamp, Lehmann, Klinsmann and to a lesser extent Viera (quite poor in his 2nd stint) and Henry were all flops in Serie A (the latter it seems with Barca as well) but looked world class in our league. As for Del Piero being top scorer, he`s getting on just turning 33 but Shearer and Sheringham (at Man U) were near the top end of the scoring charts at that age too and they werent exactly in their prime

La Liga gets coverage on Sky Sports and not many channels show Serie A which is a major factor on how people base their opinions. I am more interested in Serie A because I studied the language, but I watch more La Liga as it is easy to watch, often watching Revista on an evening. The argument over Shevchenko works both ways as someone has pointed out.

This weekend we have Roma - Inter, who you believe the papers over there are becoming a selling club, with Inter buying their players. Catania - Palermo will be a tough Sicilian encounter.

The fact that dcmk uses Shearer and Del Piero as examples of Serie A's standards dropping makes him seem clueless to me. Italy is strong league, I mean just look at the teams there. Inter, Roma, Milan, Juve, and Fiorentina are all very very strong teams. Then of course there are teams like Palermo, Udinese, Napoli, and even Lazio who all have their fair share of class players. The top three leagues in the world are very close imo. This idea that the Serie A has somwhow been relegated to a lesser league probaly stems from the whole match fixing debacle, but reports of its demise have been greatly greatly exaggerated.

Also a point about Del Piero. He is absolute class. One of the best players of his generation. I don't know why he stops being class because he is 33. Its not like he's a geriatric, ffs. Last year was the first season in while he's played almost every match, and true to form he scored a ton of goals.

Guest MrSundlofer

The league with the low low low low tempo.. But i remember the good old days when Baggio played, Crespo at Parma, Veron at Parma, Zamorano at Inter, Salas at Lazio, Mihajlovic at Lazio, Zidane at Juventus, Batistuta at Fiorentina...

Guest MrSundlofer

The league with the low low low low tempo.. But i remember the good old days when Baggio played, Crespo at Parma, Veron at Parma, Zamorano at Inter, Salas at Lazio, Mihajlovic at Lazio, Zidane at Juventus, Batistuta at Fiorentina...

blasphemy i tell you

Do you wanna know the real reason that makes Italian football look bad?

This is my waterproof evidence, and is something i have understood a long long time.

Look at a PL game, then look at a Serie A game.

Try to remember the quality of the program and you will understand what i meen.

I speak from what i see on Canal+, they dont even send it in widescreen, its with 4:3 ratio, and the sound is horrible, the commentators is sitting in some room at home or something.

Quality of production is the difference imo

Yes the things you say are true...

..but it's also known that the English league is played with high tempo and the Italian league is played with low tempo. Maybe it's therefore I usually don't watch the Italian league regulary.

Guest timmy boy

Roma were awful in the second half, collapsed.

I can't see anyone getting close to Inter,Milan don't have the depth of Inter and they average squad age must be old.I was hoping for bigger things for Juve,they have had a poor start. Would be nice for Del Piero to get one more Scudetto before he retires.

I think Inter's priority will be the CL this season and I think they will be there or there about's with Mourinho at the helm.