Official Serie A Thread

Decky

A disappointing result for my beloved Lazio today against the team who were bottom of the league but the seeds of doubt were sown a couple of weeks back scraping a point at home against Lecce.

Still, AS Scumbag got their arses felt so it's not all bad.  I can't wait to go to Rome in November to see Lazio kick their arses.

Week 7 results:

Bologna 3-1 Lazio

Catania 2-0 Palermo (local pride for the 'Hull City' of Serie A)

Napoli 2-1 Juventus

Milan 3-0 Sampdoria

Roma 0-4 Inter (first home defeat in nearly 13 months, the last time being 1-4 against Inter)

The league with the low low low low tempo.. But i remember the good old days when Baggio played, Crespo at Parma, Veron at Parma, Zamorano at Inter, Salas at Lazio, Mihajlovic at Lazio, Zidane at Juventus, Batistuta at Fiorentina...

blasphemy i tell you

Do you wanna know the real reason that makes Italian football look bad?

This is my waterproof evidence, and is something i have understood a long long time.

Look at a PL game, then look at a Serie A game.

Try to remember the quality of the program and you will understand what i meen.

I speak from what i see on Canal+, they dont even send it in widescreen, its with 4:3 ratio, and the sound is horrible, the commentators is sitting in some room at home or something.

Quality of production is the difference imo

I see! I just put it down to empty grounds, inferior players, racist fans, shit pitches, corrupt officials and boring football. Glad I see the light now

The league with the low low low low tempo.. But i remember the good old days when Baggio played, Crespo at Parma, Veron at Parma, Zamorano at Inter, Salas at Lazio, Mihajlovic at Lazio, Zidane at Juventus, Batistuta at Fiorentina...

The italian league was at its best back then, now its an utter pile of shit.

Mihajlovic was fuckin class, best freekick taker i've ever seen in my life  :smitten:

blasphemy i tell you

This is my waterproof evidence, and is something i have understood a long long time.

I speak from what i see on Canal+, they dont even send it in widescreen, its with 4:3 ratio, and the sound is horrible, the commentators is sitting in some room at home or something.

:lol:

I've heard it all now.

I mean, Roma went to Chelsea and basically played a 4-6-0 formation last night. Was horrible to watch.

blasphemy i tell you

:lol:

I've heard it all now.

I mean, Roma went to Chelsea and basically played a 4-6-0 formation last night. Was horrible to watch.

Roma are s*** though. 14th in the league.Teams in th vastly inferior Serie A have been having their qay with them all season. They should buy a bloody striker though.

How can you even dislike a league you dont even know anything about? the culture, history and soul.

How can you say italian football is s*** when they are such a big side in European football.

all this "all other leagues then PL is s***" is just so  :sleepy2:

Well how do you expect me to feel about the italian league when nearly every single match I have ever watched for about 20 years has been a bore fest? The only sides I ever enjoyed watching were the AC Milan of the late 80's, and the Lazio of the late 90's. The rest of it has been utter utter w***.

Guest elbee909

Juventus, when under Lippi in the earlier days of his reign and playing a classical 4-4-2 - they were great to watch I thought.

Juventus, when under Lippi in the earlier days of his reign and playing a classical 4-4-2 - they were great to watch I thought.

Yeah, because they were all on drugs.

Guest elbee909

Yeah, because they were all on drugs.

What, in the 90s?

Do any of the Serie A fans here know if DiCanio is still at Cisco Roma I find conflicting reports on the net.

I think he has retired from playing, but looking to take up coaching. He was mentioned when West Ham sacked Curbishley that he was taking his qualifications and how he would like to manage the club.

I'm just watching the Udinese game against Tottenham and I have to say although Tottenham are playing poorly, the ease with which Udinese are breaking through is shocking. Inler is having a good game, strong and domineering when charging forward. Di Natale has looked dangerous when attacking the goal and Sanchez was having a decent game until being taken off just now. Bale is having a terrible game, deliveries are poor and passing is error filled.

Guest Heneage

I'd take Inler over Modric.

You're nuts.

Why? I don't think Modric is built for our league, he's too lightweight and likes time to pick his passes and asses himself. The way we play isn't like that a Juventus would work for him but not us, Inler is tough tackling does his job and just passes, I like that and would work for us and in the English league, i'm not saying pound for pound like i'd pay £16m but still.

Do any of the Serie A fans here know if DiCanio is still at Cisco Roma I find conflicting reports on the net.

I believe he packed in towards the end of last season.

Try asking someone on Lazio Fever (the english language Lazio fans forum) if you want more info, someone on there is bound to know.