Read these quotes, doomongers

Guest sicko2ndbest

Much more positive than his last quotes. It's always an emotional rollercoaster with KK. However another day goes by and we are still no further forward, in fact we are a step back from where we were.

Obviously Keegan believes we are further forward considering today's comments in comparison to the ones from last week..  Just because we haven't seen anything from it doesn't mean nothings happening.

Teasy you and others have been saying the same thing all summer. As Manor pointed out, it's action we need now. The speed of the Milner move to Villa surely shows that transfers can happen quickly these days despite what we arre told to believe, really how much more work needs to be done behind the scenes ?

why cant we get all the players we need in before the season starts though?

Think about it.

i have been, care to tell me?

Of course he can't tell you because he's not a member of the St James Park hierarchy just like any of us. However, like all the 'you can't criticise the toon or you're a doomonger please don't say bad things or the press will write nasty pieces about us and i just can't take it i might have to call you names and spit my dummy aaaaargh!' crew he's entitled to say that the toon hierarchy have handled this transfer window WELL even though we're not allowed to say the opposite view.

Truth be told all judgements will be made on tuesday. However, there's nothing that should stop a positive or negative view one way or the other before the end of the window.

Much more positive than his last quotes. It's always an emotional rollercoaster with KK. However another day goes by and we are still no further forward, in fact we are a step back from where we were.

Obviously Keegan believes we are further forward considering today's comments in comparison to the ones from last week..  Just because we haven't seen anything from it doesn't mean nothings happening.

Teasy you and others have been saying the same thing all summer. As Manor pointed out, it's action we need now. The speed of the Milner move to Villa surely shows that transfers can happen quickly these days despite what we arre told to believe, really how much more work needs to be done behind the scenes ?

A transfer between two Premiership sides with the player already having a transfer request accepted and being happy to sign for the club offering for him is hardly a standard transfer.  Not really one to judge transfers on in general is it..

Plenty of work has to be done in the background.  If we sign four players tomorrow does that mean all of a sudden Newcastle United have decided to get off there collective arse and do something?  The work for those transfers will have been done in the weeks and months leading up to that day.

The fact is none of us know what happens at Newcastle United on any given day.  All we have to go on are Keegan's words, which have gone from negative and worried to positive and excited within days, that says to me that things have moved forward during that time.

Just watched the below Keegan interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7588360.stm

He looks relaxed, but he is such a long way from the positive 'fighting-fit' guy he used to be.  

He is like a prizefighter who is past his very best.  He still (you can see) expects to WIN some fights, but he is gradually getting used to losing an increasing number. His world seems to have got smaller and he is more content with his lot than before.

Yes, I think he is going to do very well for us - within his new, more limited, horizons.

I'm not so sure he is the long-term answer though, if (am I allowed to say this on here?) we are ever going to compete at the top end of the league again.

He looks relaxed, but he is such a long way from the positive 'fighting-fit' guy he used to be. 

He is like a prizefighter who is past his very best.  He still (you can see) expects to WIN some fights, but he is gradually getting used to losing an increasing number. His world seems to have got smaller and he is more content with his lot than before.

Yes, I think he is going to do very well for us - within his new, more limited, horizons.

I'm not so sure he is the long-term answer though, if (am I allowed to say this on here?) we are ever going to compete at the top end of the league again.

Cuckoo...cuckoo...cuckoo... :idiot2:

:lol:

He is like a prizefighter who is past his very best.  He still (you can see) expects to WIN some fights, but he is gradually getting used to losing an increasing number. His world seems to have got smaller and he is more content with his lot than before.

Helpful.

Helpful.

This better?

http://www.northumberlandlife.org/morpethmentalhealth/

Helpful.

This better?

Thanks for telling me about where you live, now try and show me the treatment worked, and come up with a calm and structured response to my comments, if you disagree with them.

I'm just tired of this transfer season and all the speculation.  I want it to be over so we can talk about what happened instead of what might, could, should.  They will either get the players in we need & emerge triumphant or they won't sign them and fail, no excuses.  Roll on Monday. 

Helpful.

This better?

Thanks for telling me about where you live, now try and show me the treatment worked, and come up with a calm and structured response to my comments, if you disagree with them.

Lights out a 8pm...but don't worry, you can scream and bang your head as much as you want.

Helpful.

This better?

Lights out a 8pm...but don't worry, you can scream and bang your head as much as you want.

OK

He is like a prizefighter who is past his very best.  He still (you can see) expects to WIN some fights, but he is gradually getting used to losing an increasing number. His world seems to have got smaller and he is more content with his lot than before.

Got to say I thought the opposite, that KK looks as enthusiastic and lively as I've seen him in the last few years. Yes, he has extra experience and that might have added a bit of realism/maturity, but that can only be a good thing.

If he can continue to push for positive moves and the right players, while being pragmatic enough to realise he might not always get them, he'll be a great asset to the club for a long time to come.

I believe in KK.

Got to say I thought the opposite, that KK looks as enthusiastic and lively as I've seen him in the last few years. Yes, he has extra experience and that might have added a bit of realism/maturity, but that can only be a good thing.

If he can continue to push for positive moves and the right players, while being pragmatic enough to realise he might not always get them, he'll be a great asset to the club for a long time to come.

I believe in KK.

He usually (not always) says the right thing, and he says it very well. He does a convincing and effective job. He is good at interviews.

Yes, but I've no reason to think what he says is just spin. Obviously he can't spill everything at a press conference, but he wears his heart on his sleeve, that's his achilles heel as well as what makes him likeable.

I agree, he is not presenting 'spin' and he is (as ever) likeable.

I love that interview because it rids me of any worries.

In another thread i said i didn't think we would get anyone in before the deadline. Now i believe we will get 2 as well as this lad that has been training with us. Not only that but KK's (two are down the line) comment is blatently in reference to what wise etc have told him.

i have been, care to tell me?

We can't get all the players we need in before the season starts for many reasons which include deals taking months to sort.  We don't always get our first choices so will start at our first choice and work through names in an ordered manner, we'll not go for our first choice then 6th then back to 2nd choice, we'll want the best that we can get.  Another reason is that we'll not be the first choice move for all top targets so they will wait to see who comes in for them.

The list could go on.

The speed of the Coloccini transfer shows the opposite, it took months to get him in.

The speed of the Coloccini transfer shows the opposite, it took months to get him in.

Exactly and why did it ? What was the delay, we never found out in the end. Mick, it's not rocket science, it's not multi-national takeovers, it's purchasing assests from other players in the market. I can't believe you keep spouting the same crap about these deals being so complicated, they are not if you approach them in the right manner and negoiate in the correct way.

The club moved too slowly this summer and are doing an almighty job at playing catch up right now, I don't know how you can not see that. I dare say under a previous regime you might not be as understanding.

Exactly and why did it ? What was the delay, we never found out in the end. Mick, it's not rocket science, it's not multi-national takeovers, it's purchasing assests from other players in the market. I can't believe you keep spouting the same crap about these deals being so complicated, they are not if you approach them in the right manner and negoiate in the correct way.

The club moved too slowly this summer and are doing an almighty job at playing catch up right now, I don't know how you can not see that. I dare say under a previous regime you might not be as understanding.

It took so long because the players club didn't want to sell the player and held out as long as they could, they only let Coloccini go after the player’s agent kicked off and threatened that the player would buy his contract out.  We agreed a fee with the club and then they tried upping the fee after an initial agreement.  All of this was played out in public with the player’s agent kicking off, I'm surprised that you appear to have missed it although it does make it easier to moan and knock the club if you don’t acknowledge what actually happened.