Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/08/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

jonas was immense yesterday btw

it got to the point at one stage in the game where anyone (except zog) in a black and white shirt was looking for him the moment the ball came to them, they were giving him the ball when he was surrounded by arsenal players rather than try something themselves

not a criticism of zog either, if the rest of the team were as comfortable with the ball as him and jonas we'd be a lot better off

expected the result. arsenal are a class above us.

biggest worry is the state and size of our squad. a small squad now reduced to threadbare by injuries. we need more bodies and we need fitter bodies.

if we don't get 4/5 more in by monday night then we're ferked. whilst the signings that have come in look quality there's been nowhere near enough, once again we are scrapping around on deadline day when we've had all summer to go after the right players. that's what pisses me off.

Guest Harry-Norway

I`ve turned the TV off after 45 min.I was so disapointed that 45 min was enough.

It looked like we have lost before we entered the Emirates and the players exept Shay looked the same.

What the hell did "Bambi on ice"(Shola)doing in the pitch?give him away please.

Been better with Smith on top with Owen.

Were was Geremi,is he injuried as well?

Lets just forget this poor performance by Toon and look forward,we still have 4 p in 3 games and played away against Manur and Arse.

Some peoples ratings on here and comments ? Heres what I think,

Owen`s first 90 mins.

Ameobi just failed a medical.

Colocini was not better than Taylor but some people think he was because he is a new signing.

Beye and Butt looked like 2 over 30`s that had played too much football this week.

Zoggy did exactly what he always has done, ran into a wall of players or massively over kicked the ball.

Enrique still too slow for a young left back.

Thats the Emirates and Old Trafford out the way, roll on the rest of the season.

I`ve turned the TV off after 45 min.I was so disapointed that 45 min was enough.

It looked like we have lost before we entered the Emirates and the players exept Shay looked the same.

Lets just forget this poor performance by Toon and look forward,we still have 4 p in 3 games and played away against Manur and Arse.

Fag.

Guest Harry-Norway

Fag.

love you too :-)

Owen`s first 90 mins.

Colocini was not better than Taylor but some people think he was because he is a new signing.

Beye and Butt looked like 2 over 30`s that had played too much football this week.

Zoggy did exactly what he always has done, ran into a wall of players or massively over kicked the ball.

Thats the Emirates and Old Trafford out the way, roll on the rest of the season.

Good post, although Ameobi plays like that when he's fully fit.

We've needed an upgrade on Butt for ages.  No point dwelling on this horror show, it's how we react that matters, we have a run of very winnable games now

have to agree with that, watching butt try to eat up the grass on the emirates pitch was a borderline tragedy...some of the arsenal players could have stopped for a tba before he got to them

:lol:

:lol: Ameobi

Enjoyable enjoyable match, we are gonna win the league?

out of all the "big 4" you are the ones I would definitely want to win the league. even if wenger does look like a peado.

Same here if you cut out some of the pathetic diving mainly Van Persie

What? The ref was okay. In fact, they should probably have gotten a penalty for Colo's tackle on van Persie early on in the game.

We were just too slow today. The 120 minutes obviously had an effect on our team and you can't have tired legs and start lethargically against a team like Arsenal. They pounced and that was that. Move on.

We've got a good run of games now, but before that, many of our players (especially the older ones like Beye and Butt) will have a chance to rest and hopefully by the time the Hull game comes, we'll have a few new players, the return of our injured players and a well-rested bunch. Considering our fixtures so far, we've done very well; took a point from the champions, dominated Bolton at home, into the third round of the league cup then lost to a team who've only lost 1 league match at home in 3 seasons. Honestly, what the fuck is everyone complaining about?

Our season starts proper on September 13th at St. James' Park and I'm confident that we'll play them off the park. Our squad is already decent at the moment and many people seem to be underestimating the effect that KK will have on our players. This squad is already better than the squad that finished 12th last season but now we've swapped Allardyce with Keegan, so we're definitely going to be better. Cheer up, folks.

Owen`s first 90 mins.

Good post, although Ameobi plays like that when he's fully fit.

True, he did really wind me up with his whole lack of urgency. He was first to lazily give the ball away after it took us the first 20mins to get it back. Then after that we were screwed for another 10mins without the ball.

What? The ref was okay. In fact, they should probably have gotten a penalty for Colo's tackle on van Persie early on in the game.

We were just too slow today. The 120 minutes obviously had an effect on our team and you can't have tired legs and start lethargically against a team like Arsenal. They pounced and that was that. Move on.

We've got a good run of games now, but before that, many of our players (especially the older ones like Beye and Butt) will have a chance to rest and hopefully by the time the Hull game comes, we'll have a few new players, the return of our injured players and a well-rested bunch. Considering our fixtures so far, we've done very well; took a point from the champions, dominated Bolton at home, into the third round of the league cup then lost to a team who've only lost 1 league match at home in 3 seasons. Honestly, what the f*** is everyone complaining about?

Our season starts proper on September 13th at St. James' Park and I'm confident that we'll play them off the park. Our squad is already decent at the moment and many people seem to be underestimating the effect that KK will have on our players. This squad is already better than the squad that finished 12th last season but now we've swapped Allardyce with Keegan, so we're definitely going to be better. Cheer up, folks.

:clap2:

We've got a good run of games now, but before that, many of our players (especially the older ones like Beye and Butt) will have a chance to rest and hopefully by the time the Hull game comes, we'll have a few new players, the return of our injured players and a well-rested bunch. Considering our fixtures so far, we've done very well; took a point from the champions, dominated Bolton at home, into the third round of the league cup then lost to a team who've only lost 1 league match at home in 3 seasons. Honestly, what the fuck is everyone complaining about?

Great post.

The Arsenal game had loss written all over it, a point was what I was hoping for but we could not muster a performance that could do it against a very, very good Arsenal side.  I'm just glad we don't have to go away to Utd or Arsenal at the busienss end of the season.

it didn't help with having a f***ing shocking performance from the ref

Bollocks to be honest, he got one foul against Van Persie wrong in the first half which led to a dangerous free kick, which shay made a great save. The only other thing he got wrong was not giving a penalty against us when colo dived in. The one he did give was cat iron I'm sorry, no reason whatsover for zog's arm being where it was.

Guest optimistic nit

colo got the ball for his challenge, it wasn't a penalty. the ref did have a good game apart from the VP foul though.

Guest newcastle4life

Not a good peformance or result but was against Arsenal away playing with main players. The game  is now out the way along with Man u away.