First Modric, now Nasri

Dave

Think we failed to get our targets and got this uruguayn guy as a short term solution.

Surely it's a good thing we're at least discussing this calibre of player though? That's my point.

Guest Anders28

Reports are linking Joaquin to a loan-move to England. Perhaps he is going to us on a season-long loan, along with Gonzalez? Both from Valencia ;)

Jonas on the left, and Joaquin on the right wing would be perfect :p

Think we failed to get our targets and got this uruguayn guy as a short term solution.

Surely it's a good thing we're at least discussing this calibre of player though? That's my point.

Of course it is.

Was just answering to this really: "Still think we're going for this quality attacking midfielder"

It would have been nice to get Nasri or Modric, but it's hardly surprising they chose other options. But yes, I am quietly confident we are aiming for the right players.

It shows AMBITION in my opinion. O0

Guest Heneage

I see your point but we didnt even move for Nasri.

But in the same way, KK could say he looked at signing Ronaldo, as he's a player he likes. Never going to happen in reality though is it? Same with Nasri on a lesser scale. Given he's young and French, the choice between us and Arsenal is a no brainer. But even after saying all this, i can kinda se where your coming from that its positive, just that in reality, he prob wouldn't have signed for us!

It would have been nice to get Nasri or Modric, but it's hardly surprising they chose other options. But yes, I am quietly confident we are aiming for the right players.

It shows AMBITION in my opinion. O0

It shows NE amount of ambition IMO too O0

Of course it is.

Was just answering to this really: "Still think we're going for this quality attacking midfielder"

Ah. :thup:

Failing to land targets is never good news (KK doesn't actually say we tried to get Nasri like), but it gives me hope that we're looking for quality players, some of which will be pretty expensive.

Some would have you believe the club are not doing that.

Guest WashyGeordie

We wont get one before tomorrow, if we were getting a name of similar stature to Modric or Nasri we would of heard something by now.

We brought in Gutierrez and nothing at all, was said about him before we signed him. So who knows...

i'll give credit when we get a couple more of these types in. i'm not suprised keegan's been looking at players like that though. when it comes to players like these, we arent the most attractive option so we really have to go that extra mile to secure them, even if it means paying say £5m more than their worth, or offering bigger wages, otherwise they'll go elsewhere.

Reports are linking Joaquin to a loan-move to England. Perhaps he is going to us on a season-long loan, along with Gonzalez? Both from Valencia ;)

Jonas on the left, and Joaquin on the right wing would be perfect :p

Reports where?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1380390,00.html

"I like Nasri very much - he's a player we looked at for a possible signing"

Confirmation of previous interest in another very good player. Still think we're going for this quality attacking midfielder; is it just me that finds it exciting to think we're looking at players like this? :)

Yeah, Skjelbred ...

Of course it is.

Ah. :thup:

Failing to land targets is never good news (KK doesn't actually say we tried to get Nasri like), but it gives me hope that we're looking for quality players, some of which will be pretty expensive.

Some would have you believe the club are not doing that.

I see possibly the most professional set-up we've ever had being put in place, and it's only going to improve. They can't do it overnight there was too much work to be done. I don't doubt for one minute the ambition of any one of them to succeed in making the team better and better.