Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill's source trustworthy?

Same one that confirmed Keegan before it was announced, so should be, aye.  Not saying it's definite, just that I've heard from trustworthy types.

Same one that confirmed Keegan before it was announced, so should be, aye.  Not saying it's definite, just that I've heard from trustworthy types.

Same one that confirmed O'Neill? Just waiting for Shepherd to find him a house near the airport?

Guest Gemmill

Same one that confirmed O'Neill? Just waiting for Shepherd to find him a house near the airport?

Nah, different one.  Although that story remains true.  I work with a bloke who lost a lot of money placing a bet on it because he heard it direct from the source.

Nice one though, you're pretty much the man.

Nah, different one.   Although that story remains true.  I work with a bloke who lost a lot of money placing a bet on it because he heard it direct from the source.

Nice one though, you're pretty much the man.

:laugh:

I'd forgotten all about the HTT quote in Gemmill's sig, brilliant. :lol:

Not seen a lot of Xisco at all but quite pleased with this, as we badly needed to get a striker in. Sounds like Gonzalez is a bit of a stop-gap solution and that we missed out on our main midfield targets, which is disappointing.

Guest optimistic nit

The chronicle cant even get his age right.

26 FFS.

this guy is 21, the other guy is 26, or thats what i thought?

Guest deporik

Still nothing comfirmed at our end but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I have to say I'm gutted to lose Colo and now Xisco. Our loss is definately your gain and I really hope both players settle quickly and help propel Newcastle up the table to where they should be.

Xisco is not the finished article just yet but you've got a player who is getting noticably better as each season goes by and he's not the prima donna type, so you can expect him to really graft. He's strong, and can hold the ball up and bring others into the game but he knows where the goal is, although he's not as instinctive as someone like Owen.

For those of you who want to read a much more informative profile, you can read this while it's still up.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=178

I wish the Geordie faithfull a successful season and hope you warm to both Colo and Xisco as much as we did. And if the Teresa Herrera is involved in the deal, I'd urge as many of you to come on over for the summer tournament next year.

Still nothing comfirmed at our end but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I have to say I'm gutted to lose Colo and now Xisco. Our loss is definately your gain and I really hope both players settle quickly and help propel Newcastle up the table to where they should be.

Xisco is not the finished article just yet but you've got a player who is getting noticably better as each season goes by and he's not the prima donna type, so you can expect him to really graft. He's strong, and can hold the ball up and bring others into the game but he knows where the goal is, although he's not as instinctive as someone like Owen.

For those of you who want to read a much more informative profile, you can read this while it's still up.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=178

I wish the Geordie faithfull a successful season and hope you warm to both Colo and Xisco as much as we did. And if the Teresa Herrera is involved in the deal, I'd urge as many of you to come on over for the summer tournament next year.

:thup: Doubt i'll make the summer tournament but thanks for the links and the sentiments.