Out of contract players

LooneyToonArmy

Ljungberg seems past it but if he comes for free why not try him out?

Totally the opposite of where Newcastle should be going imo.

Hes past it, in his last 2 seasons at Arsenal injuries had got to him and didnt perform. He's probably still demanding lots of wages too!

As much as Appiah would push Butt closer to the exit door he is exactly what we don't need.

This might sound strange but bare with me. Over the years we've had far too many quality players come through the door who I've thought would make a real difference. Appaih has the potential to be one of those players, but there is a niggling doubt in the back of my mind due to two key reasons:

The last thing we need is another injury prone player who would demand high wages. We've only just shipped out the likes of Dyer, Parker and more recently Emre who were all talented in their own right. You can have all the ability in the world but if your body continues to constantly break down then your nothing more than a burden on the wage bill.

Is it just me who cringes when they hear the term "box-to-box midfielder"? Well that's the term of phrase often used to describe Appiah, but there are very few players who play the all action midfield role well. It requires stamina and a whole lot of footballing brain to be able to go about your game without disturbing the balance of the side. Does Appiah have that? Well I don't know, that's why I'd avoid the gamble.

As much as Appiah would push Butt closer to the exit door he is exactly what we don't need.

This might sound strange but bare with me. Over the years we've had far too many quality players come through the door who I've thought would make a real difference. Appaih has the potential to be one of those players, but there is a niggling doubt in the back of my mind due to two key reasons:

The last thing we need is another injury prone player who would demand high wages. We've only just shipped out the likes of Dyer, Parker and more recently Emre who were all talented in their own right. You can have all the ability in the world but if your body continues to constantly break down then your nothing more than a burden on the wage bill.

Is it just me who cringes when they hear the term "box-to-box midfielder"? Well that's the term of phrase often used to describe Appiah, but there are very few players who play the all action midfield role well. It requires stamina and a whole lot of footballing brain to be able to go about your game without disturbing the balance of the side. Does Appiah have that? Well I don't know, that's why I'd avoid the gamble.

Barring a very small handful, it strikes me as a description of a player who isn't particularly good defensively or offensively.

Wouldn't take fat Ron to long to get in shape imo. He's a natural goalscorer, and he still got the moves if fit (maybe even as he is as well). I'd gladly take a gamble on him, with a contract based on he gets fit again and contributes.

Appiah, would love him here! Give him a one year to see how he copes with the EPL. If he's crap, just buy him out in January for an agreed fee.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Wouldn't take fat Ron to long to get in shape imo. He's a natural goalscorer, and he still got the moves if fit (maybe even as he is as well). I'd gladly take a gamble on him, with a contract based on he gets fit again and contributes.

Appiah, would love him here! Give him a one year to see how he copes with the EPL. If he's crap, just buy him out in January for an agreed fee.

You taking the piss with Ronaldo? I'd have taken him 13 years ago.

Kluivert MKII  but 1000000000 times worse.

You taking the piss with Ronaldo? I'd have taken him 13 years ago.

Kluivert MKII  but 1000000000 times worse.

See I didn't have a major problem with Kluivert. He stayed fit for a majority of the time and weighed in with some key goals.

Everyone could see it should of been Bellamy and Kluivert who were the primary strikeforce but no one had the bottle to drop Big Al, I guess that's another topic for another thread though.