KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's only one way that this can be resolved in a positive way and that is for Ashley to give Keegan what he wants. The players want him here, the fans want him here and he wants to be here. No manager worth his salt will come and work with the set up as it is, now that the problems have been publicly highlighted.

Dennis Wise is hated and not wanted at the club, the same goes for Jimenez and possibly Lambias as well. The only man we are all 100% decided that we want here is Kevin Keegan.

Speak for yourself.

Leaving by Mutual-consent with in the next 24 hours is whats going around now like.

If that happens, it won't be because people ITK found out about it but because it is probably the most likely thing to happen anyway i.e a pure guess.

There's only one way that this can be resolved in a positive way and that is for Ashley to give Keegan what he wants. The players want him here, the fans want him here and he wants to be here. No manager worth his salt will come and work with the set up as it is, now that the problems have been publicly highlighted.

Dennis Wise is hated and not wanted at the club, the same goes for Jimenez and possibly Lambias as well. The only man we are all 100% decided that we want here is Kevin Keegan.

I've not 100% decided that at all.

I'm fully ready to wave goodbye to Kev and welcome a more continental approach. Taking Keegan back was always a mistake in my opinion. Motivational, yeah fine.. but tactical? suspect.

I just think the behind the scenes set-up is a lot more professional, a lot more how a club should be run nowadays. Old Skool Kev can't seem to accept that, so perhaps its best they parted ways.

This "players revolt lead by Owen" has had me in fkn stitches, it was obvious the squad would be unhappy, KK has their love and respect because thats the kind of bloke he is. I cannot see Wise being able to stay if its him KK does have the iddues with, but a decision needs mare today!!

My guess is that on Tuesday morning one of the following happened

- Keegan walked after a row with Llambias or Wise or whomever, then after taking a while to cool down he realised he didn't want to go out like this so went back and tried to sort something out, most likely trying to plead his case to Ashley directly.

- He was sacked somewhat recklessly, but realising the massive backlash that would inevitably follow the board went back on their decision and are trying to convince him to come back.

Either way, I'd bet there was a point that Keegan had either been sacked or had resigned, and the last two days have seen the two parties trying to find a way to reconcile after thinking better of it.

Messy situation, and I hope that either Keegan or Wise goes when all is said and done. It's clear the current setup isn't working, the worst thing that could happen IMO is that both sides try and give the current setup another try, because it's just delaying the inevitable.

I don't want Shearer anywhere near the club in a managerial capacity.

It's not ideal, but for me, he's the only other man I could really feel proud to have as manager.

It's still KK all the way for me though.

It wouldn't make me feel proud at all. :undecided:

KK aside, I purely want the best manager we can attract. He's got no experience whatsoever. Even Wise would be more logical.

Guest hikickry

I'm fully ready to wave goodbye to Kev and welcome a more continental approach. Taking Keegan back was always a mistake in my opinion. Motivational, yeah fine.. but tactical? suspect.

I just think the behind the scenes set-up is a lot more professional, a lot more how a club should be run nowadays. Old Skool Kev can't seem to accept that, so perhaps its best they parted ways.

saying that though,

A. who out there could come in and take the job, earn respect, have us feeling united again?

B. who says any of the decent managers would come in knowing full well what setup exists here?

we really do need KK to stay imo. Im not necessarily saying that Jimenez etc. has to go as i like the players they have located. what needs to happen, however, is that they know their roles, and that their roles should be simply SCOUTS. Is that likely? no, but that would be the best outcome imo.

Keegan dumped all over the 'master tactician' Allardyce last year. Don't buy this spiel that Keegan just sends teams out and tells them to go and play. We were extremely well organised against Man U for instance, and we had to be to get the point we did.

You think a setup where the manager doesn't have final say on what players are brought in is more professional? I agree that a better scouting system is great for the club, but for the DOF system to work I think he and the manager need to be on the same page and trust each other. It really doesn't appear that KK and Wise have that.

My guess is that on Tuesday morning one of the following happened

- Keegan walked after a row with Llambias or Wise or whomever, then after taking a while to cool down he realised he didn't want to go out like this so went back and tried to sort something out, most likely trying to plead his case to Ashley directly.

- He was sacked somewhat recklessly, but realising the massive backlash that would inevitably follow the board went back on their decision and are trying to convince him to come back.

Either way, I'd bet there was a point that Keegan had either been sacked or had resigned, and the last two days have seen the two parties trying to find a way to reconcile after thinking better of it.

Messy situation, and I hope that either Keegan or Wise goes when all is said and done. It's clear the current setup isn't working, the worst thing that could happen IMO is that both sides try and give the current setup another try, because it's just delaying the inevitable.

So you don't believe the statements that say he hasn;t resigned and wasn't sacked?

Not really, is there any reason I should like?

I don't want Shearer anywhere near the club in a managerial capacity.

It's not ideal, but for me, he's the only other man I could really feel proud to have as manager.

It's still KK all the way for me though.

It wouldn't make me feel proud at all. :undecided:

KK aside, I purely want the best manager we can attract. He's got no experience whatsoever. Even Wise would be more logical.

No experience, as KK showed first time round, is irrelevent.

Having only caught the tail end of Keegan's first reign (due to my age), I guess I hadn't really realised how important it is to have someone to relate to in the managers seat.

It's relevant now the stakes are so high IMO.

There's certainly truth in what you say - I believe KK is the best man for us right now at least partly because we all love him and stuff. I just take issue with the seemingly common theme that we all would want Shearer in the hotseat. That might put me in a minority however.

It's sad that we're even discussing this possibility. :(

SSN are infuriating. They know nowt, yet claim to know everything.

"Sky sports sources"

"Finger on the pulse"

"Friends of sky sports say"

"What we are hearing"

"News from within the club"

"The information we have recieved"

"Word around the ground"

I can't remember the last time they got anything right, that wasn't already clearly obvious to us anyway.

And even more worrying :-

"This is what Newcastle fans are saying about the matter"

What evidence is there to suggest this a more professional setup either in England or abroad? And when was it decided managers are 'old skool'.

soz if this was posted already before

-----

nufc.com

Update:

Claim & counter-claim

It was reported by various news sources on Thursday that Mike Ashley was flying back into the UK after a business trip to the USA in order to meet with Kevin Keegan.

However a bleaker claim is also doing the rounds that there's no chance of any amicable resolution to the situation - and that the final agreement of a financial settlement for KK will be followed by a formal statement

of the "mutual consent" variety in the next 24 hours.

It's clear the current setup isn't working, the worst thing that could happen IMO is that both sides try and give the current setup another try, because it's just delaying the inevitable.

I disagree completely, I think that's the best thing that could happen - it would show that all parties were mature and had the capacity for compromise, as well as having the best interests of the club at heart.

Another take on situation ....

1. Ashley is tired of all these and want to sell out and currently in discussions with potential buyers

2. MA knows that since he is leaving and KK is really who the fans want, is letting this simmer, without KK resigning OR new owners want KK as manager and promised to fund his purchases

3. Once price has been agreed between MA & new owners, all will be revealed.

this is getting fun ..... :angel:

soz if this was posted already before

-----

nufc.com

Update:

Claim & counter-claim

It was reported by various news sources on Thursday that Mike Ashley was flying back into the UK after a business trip to the USA in order to meet with Kevin Keegan.

However a bleaker claim is also doing the rounds that there's no chance of any amicable resolution to the situation - and that the final agreement of a financial settlement for KK will be followed by a formal statement

of the "mutual consent" variety in the next 24 hours.

NUFC.com have been doing some world-class stirring in the last 48 hours like, I wonder if they actually know anything?

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Anynegotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

If any of us walked out in dispute, would we still get paid? I wonder if Ashley will dock Keegans wages.

As some on here have already said, this is getting boring now and threatens to totally destroy the clubs season. Fpr the benefit of all concerned with the club from the owner to the tea lady, some compromise should be met by all parties concerned for the benefit of the club.

I bet Hull City are lapping all of this up.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, f*** off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

One man doesn't run a football club but one man should run team affairs including which players he wants playing for him. That man is the most important person at the football club because he determines whether or not we are successful. All other employees of the football club are there to support the manager, and that includes the chairman, director of football, scouts, contract negotiators, coaches, players, boot boy etc.

That is why Keegan should be given exactly what he wants and needs if he is to do his job to the best of his ability. 

Ashley should say to Keegan 'this is how much you have to spend, this is our salary cap, all players purchased must be under the age of 26. Now off you go sunshine, go and bring us some silverware'. End of!

Try telling AC Milan, Barcalona, Real Madrid and Chelsea that. None of them clubs run under the system you have just described, as well as half the clubs on the continent.

The Chairmen of all of these clubs buy and sell player sbehind their managers' backs. Are you sure about that?

Sadly, yes they do. Maybe not in the sinister way you suggest but very few continental coaches get much say in who the club buys or sells.

They have a manager (more akin to an English chairman or CEO) who recruits players and a coach (like an English manager) who  works with what he has at his disposal. It works OK at Real Madrid and to some extent Chelsea but obviously was never going to work for Newcastle.

1. Ashley is tired of all these and want to sell out and currently in discussions with potential buyers

2. MA knows that since he is leaving and KK is really who the fans want, is letting this simmer, without KK resigning OR new owners want KK as manager and promised to fund his purchases

Have we got the full set of randomly made up opposite possible theories yet? We must be getting close now :)

I 100% want KK to remain as our manager, but the longer this goes on the more I begin to think he is the main cause of the problem most likely helped by Terry Mac.

Get it sorted Kev, it appears right now you're holding most of the aces. Please stay but if you are going just go.

Have we got the full set of randomly made up opposite possible theories yet? We must be getting close now :)

Anything is possible at Newcastle. Who would have imagine this situation just a few days ago. All focus was on signing new players and who the WOW signing was and now this.......who knows what comes next  :yikes: