Still an Ashleyite? Who's with me?

KaKa

Good post, Kaka.

I think Keegan bought into Ashley's vision just to get his feet under the table and was hoping that once in he could work it to how he wanted, Gullem Balague was on Sky earlier talking about how he is the wrong man for what the club are looking for and that they should move for one of the top young Spanish coaches (he did name them but I can't remember) who are not only tactically superior but are happy bringing through younger players.

Every public tantrum Keegan throws and makes us look like a pantomime makes me think he's not the right man for the job this time around.

Seriously, day one. Maybe I'm reading into the press too much. Only a few weeks after buying NUFC there were talks of him selling.

I'm happy with Keegan as manager, but I believe he'll be gone halfway through the season. This guy doesn't look too trustworthy.

:lol:

Okay regarding the ASHLEYITE term ... it was coined by the more pessimistic posters early on in the window, and was used to insult the more positive or hopeful amongst us.

Thought it would lighten the mood to resurrect the term.

:razz:

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the f*** would he know about that?

Too early to tell for sure, but Wise, Vitere and Jiminez have been doing pretty well so far on the recruitment front (both bairns and first team).

Seriously, day one. Maybe I'm reading into the press too much. Only a few weeks after buying NUFC there were talks of him selling.

I'm happy with Keegan as manager, but I believe he'll be gone halfway through the season. This guy doesn't look too trustworthy.

Would have thought that you've learned not to believe everything you read by now.

Well I believed Ashley when he said Allardyce wasn't going to go....

I'd rather be misleaded once by Ashley than stuck with Allardyce :)

He didn't get the wrong manager in at all, he just started pissing about with things he didn't need to.

Like what?

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the f*** would he know about that? Also the fact we've got two managers within the same club, clueless. Having other people choose which players we are signing, you can say if he had a problem with that why didn't he go straight away, well he obviously did have a problem with it and the fact we didn't get the amount of players we needed was the final straw, what other explanation do you have for him resigning?

2 managers eh ?

keegan said he had the final say on all comings and goings

He admitted before the Man U he doesn't, how can he have the final say when he's never even seen them play? Do you think he would seriously sell Milner without a guaranteed replacement? Considering he said that money wasn't an issue whether he stayed or went.

Good post, Kaka.

I think Keegan bought into Ashley's vision just to get his feet under the table and was hoping that once in he could work it to how he wanted, Gullem Balague was on Sky earlier talking about how he is the wrong man for what the club are looking for and that they should move for one of the top young Spanish coaches (he did name them but I can't remember) who are not only tactically superior but are happy bringing through younger players.

Every public tantrum Keegan throws and makes us look like a pantomime makes me think he's not the right man for the job this time around.

i take your point but "gullem balague said" scares the life out of me and juande ramos i still think will be back in spain before long.

begs a good question though....who next ?

Fuck Ashley, I'm sure Keegan will not walk away and will do a Niall Quinn and buy out the club...show Ashley how to do it properly by investing his own millions in the squad and building a crack world-wide scouting network led by Arthur Cox and Terry Mac.

Good post, Kaka.

I'd agree. Ashley was faced with a difficult decision after getting rid of Allardyce, because the fans were unlikely to take to a little known manager, and the pressure might have been too much. Keegan was the acceptable candidate, even though he didn't have the reputation of being a team player at all. As Kaka said, it's turned out to be the wrong call.

Good post, Kaka.

Very, very big point you made there.

I have felt very strongly about this also, but didn't even want to dare to bring it up because I wasn't sure it could be discussed properly without being acused of disrespecting Keegan.

I do think Keegan did believe he could get the owner and board to look at things more his way, once he got his feet under the tabl, as you say. I think he underestimated how strong their convictions were. I think he was fully briefed on the direction, agreed to it in all of the excitement, but now is not so hot on the idea, and wants faster progress rather than the longer term approach.

He doesn't want to go the Man City and Chelsea route, but instead wants to go the Arsenal route. It is his club and his decision. Unfortunately, the manager he has chosen has an opinion which differs in certain areas it appears.

The Arsenal route, a manager who oversees the whole football side. I don't think we had that. Also if you had read some of Wegner interviews he says every player he signs is ready for first team football that is the one thing all signings must be able to do. Not all of ours fall into the category.

He didn't get the wrong manager in at all, he just started pissing about with things he didn't need to.

Like what?

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the f*** would he know about that? Also the fact we've got two managers within the same club, clueless. Having other people choose which players we are signing, you can say if he had a problem with that why didn't he go straight away, well he obviously did have a problem with it and the fact we didn't get the amount of players we needed was the final straw, what other explanation do you have for him resigning?

2 managers eh ?

He admitted before the Man U he doesn't, how can he have the final say when he's never even seen them play? Do you think he would seriously sell Milner without a guaranteed replacement? Considering he said that money wasn't an issue whether he stayed or went.

Just because you haven't seen them play doesn't mean you can't have the final say, it just means you're putting your faith into someone else's judgement.

Look at the South Americans that came in under Sir Bobby, most of those came in on the recommendation of Mick Wadsworth I think it was.

f*** Ashley, I'm sure Keegan will not walk away and will do a Niall Quinn and buy out the club...show Ashley how to do it properly by investing his own millions in the squad and building a crack world-wide scouting network led by Arthur Cox and Terry Mac.

I doubt KK could afford NUFC. In that sense we are a "Big Club" and S*underland just isn't.

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the f*** would he know about that?

Too early to tell for sure, but Wise, Vitere and Jiminez have been doing pretty well so far on the recruitment front (both bairns and first team).

The signings have been fantastic but you can't be telling me we couldn't have found a top scout to work with Vetere and Jimenez? Dennis Wise? What has he done to make them think... "Well Dennis Wise would be perfect to help progress the youth recruitment" Baffling.

Good post, Kaka.

I'd agree. Ashley was faced with a difficult decision after getting rid of Allardyce, because the fans were unlikely to take to a little known manager, and the pressure might have been too much. Keegan was the acceptable candidate, even though he didn't have the reputation of being a team player at all. As Kaka said, it's turned out to be the wrong call.

Yes, another problem was the fact that the team was looking so poor and we needed someone who would hit the floor running and lift the team immediately, as we were beginning to look like real relegation candidates.

The signings have been fantastic but you can't be telling me we couldn't have found a top scout to work with Vetere and Jimenez? Dennis Wise? What has he done to make them think... "Well Dennis Wise would be perfect to help progress the youth recruitment" Baffling.

recent engalnd international who'll kids'll still probably remember trying to talk kids into coming to newcastle as iopposed to david mills maybe ?

f*** Ashley, I'm sure Keegan will not walk away and will do a Niall Quinn and buy out the club...show Ashley how to do it properly by investing his own millions in the squad and building a crack world-wide scouting network led by Arthur Cox and Terry Mac.

Would he not bring back his former European scout Chris McMenemy who found the likes of Ginola, Albert &  Hottiger

He doesn't want to go the Man City and Chelsea route, but instead wants to go the Arsenal route. It is his club and his decision. Unfortunately, the manager he has chosen has an opinion which differs in certain areas it appears.

The Arsenal route, a manager who oversees the whole football side. I don't think we had that. Also if you had read some of Wegner interviews he says every player he signs is ready for first team football that is the one thing all signings must be able to do. Not all of ours fall into the category.

My reference to the Arsenal way, was in regard to younger, hungrier players being recruited, for reasonable fees.

Funnily enough, I think all of our recruitments have looked like they ought to slot straight into the first team for me.

Like what?

2 managers eh ?

Just because you haven't seen them play doesn't mean you can't have the final say, it just means you're putting your faith into someone else's judgement.

Look at the South Americans that came in under Sir Bobby, most of those came in on the recommendation of Mick Wadsworth I think it was.

Well that's pointless then isn't it? Keegan's opinion means nothing, what's the point in him saying let's buy him when he hasn't even seen what he's buying, you may aswell let them choose.

My reference to the Arsenal way, was in regard to younger, hungrier players being recruited, for reasonable fees.

Funnily enough, I think all of our recruitments have looked like they ought to slot straight into the first team for me.

Under Bobby we had players who went on to become Young Player Of The Year, which of these younger hungrier players if any do you think could win that award.

Spears (did he sign)? Ranger? The Italian?

That is not necessarily true. Arsenal buys younger players that are not ready for first team quite often (eg Vela). The question is: how involved is Wenger in the "vela-type" signings?

Like what?

2 managers eh ?

Well that's pointless then isn't it? Keegan's opinion means nothing, what's the point in him saying let's buy him when he hasn't even seen what he's buying, you may aswell let them choose.

pretty sure benitez wont have been to brazil to see that lad they signed on a free and if keegan didn't want coloccini or jonas you have to ask if he's up to the job.