The Only Relevant Issue Regarding Kevin Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

Have to say, this has been my feeling on the matter since those "talks" that were taking place after the initial furore. All it seems to have come down to is how much money the club stands to lose/gain and how much money Kevin Keegan stands to lose/gain. There was a couple of days delay while the two sides sought talks/legal advice on things and then Keegan seemingly made the decision to walk on the advice that he got from whoever - now we're seeing the "manager must be able to manage" line trotted out and "players were forced upon me", simply because (and this is nothing more than my opinion right now) that's what legal advice he has been given. He's realised that they weren't going to sack him and basically pay him off, so he's gone down the "constructive dismissal" route. Of course it might all be true and the man might be standing by his principals/could have been lied to, but as Crumpy says about the here and now - it's all about the money/covering their arses legally. Everything we've heard from both sides over the last few days points to that, if you ask me.

Obviously nobody knows the true story and nobody knows to what extent the likes of Ashley/Wise/Keegan feel for the club/supporters through all of this, but I'm willing to bet that £££ is on all of their minds more than we are.

I'm gutted by the whole situation, to be honest, and I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Think there's going to be some more dreadful months ahead, at least.

As distasteful as the weekend has been, nothing has changed my opinion on this either.

What i find bizarre is that we all know the truth is spun by every club for a variety of reasons; to try and keep the media of the scent of some internal issues, to keep the fans happy, to assist in transfers or to keep things secret for commercial reasons. We all know this.

If things did change and the club can demonstrate that this was because Keegan was mis-aligned with the business strategy (Spanish Arsenal), he hasnt got a hope in hell in the courts.

Its like the boss of a bank saying i want to get into short-term high risk, high return investments when the board wants to get into long-term defensive stocks. He'd be undermined until he left and wouldnt have a chance of a constructive dismissal case as the business strategy was well articulated. If i went off strategy in my role, i'd be sacked on the spot.

However, having said all that, i'm not entirley convinced that Keegan was mis-aligned with the strategy. As Rich says, it seems all this is a smokescreen to ensure compensation, which makes me cynical as fuck.

KK has done what he's always done best, leave a job half done, bottled it and done a runner.

It guts me to say it, but its the truth. Everyone has working guidelines and must stick by them, they change everyday as thats the kind of world we live in, i'm gutted he could have done his best for the sake of the club, rather than think about himself.

I'm not backing ashley (like some stupid cunts sending me PM's think) i've been wary of him for a long time, but the one man i thought i could trust to do the right thing by the club rather than personal gain has just let me down big time.

Money is the only issue now, its a fuking shame, but the renewed optimism of a reconciliation was nothing but who owes who what. Sickening.

Money is ashley's only concern with newcastle. Always has been, always will be. Same fot that little twat wise.

I dunno, I think he bought us for a bit of fun and because he likes football. He just doesn't want to make a massive loss in the process.

Don't know whether that motive is any better, but to say he's done it 100% for money is a bit unfair IMO.

Guest Sniffer

Except that by his own admission he knew nothing about football when he bought us and still doesn't.

But I suppose whatever Ashley says must be true, eh?

Guest guinness_fiend

What on earth gives you that impression?  That he is trying to provide stability to a club that was teetering on disaster a while ago?  That he *tried* to create a workable structure to promote prudent spending on potential star players (and scouting) rather than paying over-the-odds for overpriced Englishmen?  That we look as if we have the makings of a decent squad for the first time in years (albeit light in numbers)?

Why is everyone so hell-bent on making sweeping assumptions?  Nobody apart from Ashley knows what his main concern is.  Why speculate?  It only panders to the London media's hatred of the club and gives them more ammunition.

If you want to speculate, we could say the same thing about Keegan: it was reported that his soccer centre is in trouble, so he could have took the Newcastle job to get himself out of the mire and may have only handed in his resignation once the LMA confirmed that he would likely have a decent case for constructive dismissal and therefore get around the alleged "reverse severance" clause in his contract (which would have been included due to him being a serial-bottler).  Oh, sorry, he is the Messiah and is not to be questioned.  Get real.  In situations such as these, there are only guilty parties.  Neither Keegan or Ashley is whiter than white.

This saga is going to run and run, with everyone having an illl-informed opinion about the whole debacle.  Why can we not just support the club and get on with it.  Do you really think that we are going to attract decent managers if we come across as a load of rabid half-wits who turn on our club at the drop of a hat. 

We should all get behind the lads when they play Hull and spur the team on.  With any luck we will absolutely batter them and in doing so stick two black and white fingers up at the media.

What on earth gives you that impression?  That he is trying to provide stability to a club that was teetering on disaster a while ago?  That he *tried* to create a workable structure to promote prudent spending on potential star players (and scouting) rather than paying over-the-odds for overpriced Englishmen?  That we look as if we have the makings of a decent squad for the first time in years (albeit light in numbers)?

Why is everyone so hell-bent on making sweeping assumptions?  Nobody apart from Ashley knows what his main concern is.  Why speculate?  It only panders to the London media's hatred of the club and gives them more ammunition.

If you want to speculate, we could say the same thing about Keegan: it was reported that his soccer centre is in trouble, so he could have took the Newcastle job to get himself out of the mire and may have only handed in his resignation once the LMA confirmed that he would likely have a decent case for constructive dismissal and therefore get around the alleged "reverse severance" clause in his contract (which would have been included due to him being a serial-bottler).  Oh, sorry, he is the Messiah and is not to be questioned.  Get real.  In situations such as these, there are only guilty parties.  Neither Keegan or Ashley is whiter than white.

This saga is going to run and run, with everyone having an illl-informed opinion about the whole debacle.  Why can we not just support the club and get on with it.  Do you really think that we are going to attract decent managers if we come across as a load of rabid half-wits who turn on our club at the drop of a hat. 

We should all get behind the lads when they play Hull and spur the team on.  With any luck we will absolutely batter them and in doing so stick two black and white fingers up at the media.

Top stuff  :clap:

Guest Sniffer

Why don't we just close down the board if you can't speculate and offer an opinion?

Nobody on this board has any fucking idea what is going on.

Except that by his own admission he knew nothing about football when he bought us and still doesn't.

He never said that. Don't make stuff up to suit your agenda.

I'm sure there are far more worthwhile institutions for a billionaire to invest in if he is only really interested in making a profit.

Guest guinness_fiend

Why don't we just close down the board if you can't speculate and offer an opinion?

Nobody on this board has any f***ing idea what is going on.

Because fabricating misinformation to purposefully further an agenda that is itself based on unsubstantiated hearsay (read: fabricated misinformation) is the way forward? 

I appreciate that you may not quite understand the said dichotomy, so I will put it another way.  Think of "the truth" as fact and "unsubstantiated facts" as fiction.  As it stands, you are suggesting that we all give credence to an argument based solely on fiction, fiction being a narrative based on something that did not happen or has not happened, implementing plot and character to exemplify thought.

In that case, I blame this whole problem on fauns.  After all, if popular literature is to be believed, they are duplicitous creatures and are not to be trusted in the first instance.

Guest Sniffer

At the time Ashley bought the club people were surprised because he had never expressed any interest in football. He had not attended anything other than a handful of England games. Probably more in keeping with his business interests than as a fan. He had an interest in rugby, IIRC.

Don't twist things to suit your own agendas.

Guest guinness_fiend

At the time Ashley bought the club people were surprised because he had never expressed any interest in football. He had not attended anything other than a handful of England games. Probably more in keeping with his business interests than as a fan. He had an interest in rugby, IIRC.

1.  Source?

2.  You do realise that my agenda is "the truth" don't you? 

Absolutely top post that.

Name your source.