The Only Relevant Issue Regarding Kevin Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

'Isnt it strange how KK has repeated the events of 1992?'

You want to hope he does, cos he bulit a fantastic team,,,,,,1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd.

There is some total sh!t being talked in this thread.

Whatever your position on KK and Wise and Ashleigh you have to recognise that KK is not going to be around SJP for much longer

No-one can behave like that in any outfit and have a future

Like i said, Total Sh!t

Come on man!

he's an EMPLOYEE not a bloody Saint

You flounce at work like Keegan and see what happens - if you HAVE  a job of course.....................

No I dont have a job. I am self Employed,

Your a toatl knob btw,

Your judging , you dont even know what happened,

And your Remarks about having a job.....prove your a Tw@t...  ;D

Cp: you're making an awful lot of conclusions for someone who doesn't know what's happening. Or do you trust the press to have reported this accurately? I don't.

What the fk you talking about, I havent made any conclusions, apparently you cant read, or your getting people mixed up, either way, it shoudnt surprise me cos getting things right, is very often of little concern to people on here.....

Three games in and the season is stuffed already, in my opinion.

Why?

1.   KK ego has yet again come to the fore and if the media is to be believed, what right has he got to request the sackings of Wise and Co.? He doesnt run the club, he doesnt own the club. He is way above his station here. He knew the Wise situation well before he returned and the fact that Ashley is running the club in a more european format. He either adapts or buggers off.

2.  I dont buy his argument about not knowing the players brought in. If he was so against this, Guthrie, Jonas and Collocini wouldnt have played the last four games.

3.   Common sense shows that Milner's sale was great business, Smith is a hanger on and Owen has no intention of signing a new contract and will leave for nothing next summer.The board is right mto try and sell him and get some money back in.

4..  Wise has brought some very gifted youngsters to the club and I doubt very much that he has interfered in senior team affairs.

5.  The talk of a player revolt is worrying and if true, then I cant see Ashley bowing to KKs requests, at the risk of being seen as weak so we might find ourselves in a bit of bother on the park between now and the new year, especially if KK goes.

6.  Reports show his Glasgow circus is deep in debt and any pay off would be a relief for KK.

7.  Finally, what it all really boils down to is that KK is really only interested in his own reputation and affairs and all the claptrap about unfinished busness, the fans etc etc is his tactic towards gaining control and removing other partners from the board. This will have to result in a whole new business approach by Ashley and I dont think he will be willing to change for the sake of one man, no matter how popular KK is with the fans and players. One man isnt bigger than the club.

Isnt it strange how KK has repeated the events of 1992?

I honestly believe the club was heading in the right direction. We had signed some very good players and got rid of some ordinary ones. Although the squad was small, we had a lot more quality and we also boosted the academy with som e excellent youngsters.

We have had a reasonable start to the season and although we have some injuries, once recovered, we would have a quality squad which would be capable of a top 8 finish. With some investment next summer, we could and should improve but under the current circumstances, unless we get a top line coach like Hiddink, we are in for a further season of struggle.

Ashley Out.

The mantra of the average Newcastle fan:

Sacred cow, scapegoat, believe the press, knee-jerk reaction, sacred cow, scapegoat, believe the press, knee-jerk reaction, sacred....

Depressing.

The players revolt is quite believable if you ask me. KK has an excellent relationship with then and they must be looking for assurances.

Guest Harry-Norway

Keegan ultimatum - sack Wise and give me complete control,this is from a Norwegian internett newspaper(http://www.nettavisen.no/)

The newspaper also says most of the players and supporters are behind KK in this case

All the players behind KK  will leave Newcastle United in Jan.if KK goes/get sacked

I`ll say it again......GET DENNIS WISE A TAXI NOW

Keegan ultimatum - sack Wise and give me complete control,this is from a Norwegian internett newspaper(http://www.nettavisen.no/)

The newspaper also says most of the players and supporters are behind KK in this case

All the players behind KK  will leave Newcastle United in Jan.if KK goes/get sacked

I`ll say it again......GET DENNIS WISE A TAXI NOW

As I've said I love KK, but even if that random speculation is true (which we don't know) then getting rid of Wise isn't the best thing to do just because Kevin says so.

From what I've seen so far, I trust Ashley to make the right decisions for the club. The fact that discussions are still ongoing suggests he is open to being flexible and is prepared to have a debate on these issues. That only makes him a better man in my eyes. And well done to KK for taking part.

You want to hope he does, cos he bulit a fantastic team,,,,,,1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd.

There is, and don't exclude yourself.

Does no one bother to read the press anymore?

We know what it'll say - why bother ?

They wallow in our distress, and if we aren't, they try to produce it in us.

There is, and don't exclude yourself.

Does no one bother to read the press anymore?

We know what it'll say - why bother ?

They wallow in our distress, and if we aren't, they try to produce it in us.

Has it not dawned on you yet?

From what I can pick up fron the press (oh no!) and the forums it is Ashley who has calmed things down and is looking for a solution. Keegan is right that he should ultimately control transfers but it should be done in conjunction with wise and company i.e. Keegan says I want a left back who has to be quick and able to play the ball out of defence, Team Wise look at their databases and wittle down 5 or 6 options and show them to Keegan who then says "one of those three please", Team wise then open talks and if needed Keegan speaks to player and transfer is done. If Team Wise wants to sell a first teamer it has to be vetoed with Kev, he is THE MANAGER and he should know who is productive to the team.

Quite simple really if they work together, if there is a clash of personalities then it won't work as people will just make the others impossible. Also if both sides have different objectives and aren't in synch with the club philosophy then it won't work.

I personally think that it is a good idea as long as Keegan has the last say on first teamers, wise and co can have total power on young signings for the future...

Is how much compensation he'll get for himself.

The Club say 'NOT SACKED'

He says 'I HAVEN'T RESIGNED'

We need to move on and

get someone else in place ASAP.

Fuck...

...off.

Crumpy, I apologise wholeheartedly.

Never again will I question your wisdom and authority as an oracle.

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Everyone knows it's always best to book your holiday well in advice, check the climate, what the accomodation and area is like first...he'll know better to do his questioning and research before agreeing to anything last minute again in future.

Is how much compensation he'll get for himself.

Spot on it seems...

"Kevin Keegan is facing a bitter legal battle to receive the £2million compensation he wants after another extraordinary twist to his Newcastle United dismissal over the weekend."

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1053373/Newcastle-United-hit-Kevin-Keegan-claim-strong-statement.html?ITO=1490

Keegan - "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind. This is one of these lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure - I just came.

Everyone knows it's always best to book your holiday well in advice, check the climate, what the accomodation and area is like first...he'll know better to do his questioning and research before agreeing to anything last minute again in future.

advice is good, but its even better to book it well in advance.

Have to say, this has been my feeling on the matter since those "talks" that were taking place after the initial furore. All it seems to have come down to is how much money the club stands to lose/gain and how much money Kevin Keegan stands to lose/gain. There was a couple of days delay while the two sides sought talks/legal advice on things and then Keegan seemingly made the decision to walk on the advice that he got from whoever - now we're seeing the "manager must be able to manage" line trotted out and "players were forced upon me", simply because (and this is nothing more than my opinion right now) that's what legal advice he has been given. He's realised that they weren't going to sack him and basically pay him off, so he's gone down the "constructive dismissal" route. Of course it might all be true and the man might be standing by his principals/could have been lied to, but as Crumpy says about the here and now - it's all about the money/covering their arses legally. Everything we've heard from both sides over the last few days points to that, if you ask me.

Obviously nobody knows the true story and nobody knows to what extent the likes of Ashley/Wise/Keegan feel for the club/supporters through all of this, but I'm willing to bet that £££ is on all of their minds more than we are.

I'm gutted by the whole situation, to be honest, and I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Think there's going to be some more dreadful months ahead, at least.