How long will Mike Ashley endure the hassle?

Doug

What ever is going on now its Keegan dragging out, missing from training again today he must be finding it very hard to decide what to do, I think if Ashley got a good enough offer he would sell in a heart beat and get the fk out of dodge.

The media are going to make a meal of this for weeks to come until we get an answer of some sorts then they will drag whatever that is out for a few more weeks, I bet he feels like he wished he never bought us.

I really don't understand all of this nonsense with Ashley.

He's got a vision for the club, and it's different to Keegan's. That's what's causing the problems, nothing else.

As for the arabs taking over, do you really want to become the next Chelsea? I've despised them for what they've done to the game.

Yep, I hate the fact that a club has spent as much as Man United to try and catch them.

You don't really believe it's that simple do you?

As for the arabs taking over, do you really want to become the next Chelsea? I've despised them for what they've done to the game.

This

Perhaps, but the gulf between "the big four", particularly Manchester United and Chelsea, has got to the stage where you have to "do a Chelsea" to compete with them. It's a no brianer vast quantities of money increase the chances of success, success brings the world wide popularity and therefore the revenue.

Oh I know it would be just skippy if we could carry on the way we are, gathering a team of quality hard working players and eventually after a number of years hope we have the strength to muster up an assault on the larger teams of this league, but lets face it, we're going to get left behind. Just look what's happened at Man City, and it will happen to other teams too. it's alright taking the moral high ground but if your taking two steps forward while everyone else is taking five then your going to get left behind.

It will get to the stage where this league is divided into two types of football clubs, the financially elite and the honest also-rans, I know which group I want to be in.

This

Perhaps, but the gulf between "the big four", particularly Manchester United and Chelsea, has got to the stage where you have to "do a Chelsea" to compete with them. It's a no brianer vast quantities of money increase the chances of success, success brings the world wide popularity and therefore the revenue.

Oh I know it would be just skippy if we could carry on the way we are, gathering a team of quality hard working players and eventually after a number of years hope we have the strength to muster up an assault on the larger teams of this league, but lets face it, we're going to get left behind. Just look what's happened at Man City, and it will happen to other teams too. it's alright taking the moral high ground but if your taking two steps forward while everyone else is taking five then your going to get left behind.

It will get to the stage where this league is divided into two types of football clubs, the financially elite and the honest also-rans, I know which group I want to be in.

I would welcome a investor which is interested in football rather than business... Just hate the Abramovich, Thaksin and Sheik style.

Would love a change to the rules. Limiting the number of transfers within the window or something.

This

I would welcome a investor which is interested in football rather than business... Just hate the Abramovich, Thaksin and Sheik style.

Would love a change to the rules. Limiting the number of transfers within the window or something.

It's too late, I think a change to the rules now can only widen the distance between the rich and the poor. The bigger clubs already have the big money and the better players, putting in a quota now whether on transfers, wages or takeovers can only stop the chasing pack from catching up.

To be honest, I couldn't blame Ashley if he walked out on us after the way some mongs have been going on.

We're all in the same boat and we have no idea what is going on so none of us for certain can say any of this is his fault although there are a few suggestions to say it is but even so nothing concrete.

Personally I want him to say, so what if he's made a mistake, everyone does, but they are atleast in talks trying to fix the problem so they can carry on progressing our club.

This time last year he was our saviour, and to a degree in my opinion he still is.

Alot of people have a very short memory, our club is in a much better position than it was this time last year.

Regardless of whether Keegan stays or goes, with the majority of fans now against him, I wonder if Ashley will still be motivated to look for another Modric or Coloccini? If he's not going to be able to run the club according to his own instincts with people he trusts, I don't see him suddenly handing over pots of gold to Keegan or anyone else now that his name is mud in Newcastle.

Too many angry views being expressed without knowledge of what has gone on.

Obviously if Keegan goes it is a ridiculous decision for many, many different reasons, even if you ignore his “Messiah” status. But turning on Ashley seems to make no sense at the moment. Nobody knows if he was even directly involved on Tuesday, it could quite easily (and actually quite likely) be a falling out between Keegan and Wise/Llambias/Jiminez over attempted player sales. Fair enough Ashley put that structure in place, but that structure is operated successfully on the continent and many clubs in this country.

Where Ashley needs to show his worth is to get back in the UK and sort this mess out. It’s not beyond saving, all that needs is a joint statement that they have clarified issues regarding responsibilities, and that Keegan has been given final authority over all first team players sales, and all first team player acquisitions. Obviously the recruitment team can make suggestions, and sign young prospects, but the man who picks the team must be the same man who controls the players from which he can pick.

Regardless of outcome, we need to support NUFC in whatever state it continues, with or without Keegan.

Guest guinness_fiend

Too many angry views being expressed without knowledge of what has gone on.

Obviously if Keegan goes it is a ridiculous decision for many, many different reasons, even if you ignore his Messiah status. But turning on Ashley seems to make no sense at the moment. Nobody knows if he was even directly involved on Tuesday, it could quite easily (and actually quite likely) be a falling out between Keegan and Wise/Llambias/Jiminez over attempted player sales. Fair enough Ashley put that structure in place, but that structure is operated successfully on the continent and many clubs in this country.

Where Ashley needs to show his worth is to get back in the UK and sort this mess out. Its not beyond saving, all that needs is a joint statement that they have clarified issues regarding responsibilities, and that Keegan has been given final authority over all first team players sales, and all first team player acquisitions. Obviously the recruitment team can make suggestions, and sign young prospects, but the man who picks the team must be the same man who controls the players from which he can pick.

Regardless of outcome, we need to support NUFC in whatever state it continues, with or without Keegan.

Argh, a sensible post! *shields eyes*

I really don't understand all of this nonsense with Ashley.

He's got a vision for the club, and it's different to Keegan's. That's what's causing the problems, nothing else.

Yep, I hate the fact that a club has spent as much as Man United to try and catch them.

They've spent at least five or six times what Manure have spent!..  ???