Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

How much did it cost us to take Souness off their hands?

emotionally?

:lol:

Wasn't it something daft like £5m? I imagine it'd be loads more for Ince.

I'm pretty sure it was £1m. Ince would cost shitloads, and not be worth it.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Alan Oliver says there were 38 serious applicants, narrowed down to 3.

Ince

Poyet

Deschamps

Of those 3, if it's not Deschamps, then I'll have lost faith.

Agreed. It's not even close:

A guy who led Monaco to the CL final

A guy who sold David Bentley and splashed the cash on Robbie Fowler and Paul Robinson

A guy who's managed in the PL for a mammoth three games.

Guest MrSundlofer

Well I know for sure there is a low moral in the squad at the moment after Keegan left. It's still there. If the club should make it better they must bring in a manager who will excite both the players and  the fans.

I don't think Ince or Poyet will excite the players. Maybe Deschamps because he was and is a big name. Bring Zico or Terim. They can do the motivation wich is needed.

I also know some of our players want Wise and Ashley OUT. Wesly Ngo Baheng for example.

Well I know for sure there is a low moral in the squad at the moment after Keegan left. It's still there. If the club should make it better they must bring in a manager who will excite both the players and  the fans.

I don't think Ince or Poyet will excite the players. Maybe Deschamps because he was and is a big name. Bring Zico or Terim. They can do the motivation wich is needed.

I also know some of our players want Wise and Ashley OUT. Wesly Ngo Baheng for example.

But if say Deschamps comes in and personally checks on Baheng's progress from injury then gives him a first team chance his opinion will soon shift.

Human nature

How can Ashley be stupid enough to not get one in before October! And if it really is Ince or Poyet, when Zico and Terim are reportedly interested, I will be livid.

For a supposedly very intelligent man, Ashley is showing a lot of evidence of sheer stupidity.

Cheer up. Bassong seemed particularly perky today in his interview and according to CH the training went well, so I'm not sure how you know for sure there is low moral in the sqaud.

As for 'knowing' some of our players wanting Wise and Ashley out, I take it this is based purely on Ngo Baheng joining a facebook group?

Cheer up. Bassong seemed particularly perky today in his interview and according to CH the training went well, so I'm not sure how you know for sure there is low moral in the sqaud.

As for 'knowing' some of our players wanting Wise and Ashley out, I take it this is based purely on Ngo Baheng joining a facebook group?

I'm not trying to back up what Mr S here is saying but Hughton is hardly likely to say, "oh training was an absolute disaster, everyone was moping around because KK has gone". Take what hughton says here with a pinch of salt,  the training probably wasn't a disaster but if you think the players are uneffected by KK's departure, then I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I've just sent this email to the club, I wonder if I get a reply:

To whom it may concern.

I'd just like to state my utter disgust at the way the club have treated Mr Kevin Keegan and his backroom staff after the excellent job they did at St James' Park in the last eight months.

The top efforts of all concerned at the club have all been undone in one foul swoop. If the prick Dennis Wise employs one of his mates, it really will be "jobs for the boys". This includes Paul Ince and Gus Poyet.

If a world class manager is not employed, the club will not receive another penny off me outside of my season ticket commitment.

Finally, i'd like to ask how I can go about applying for the vacant managers job at Newcastle United. I feel I have as muh experience as Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet at managing a top flight club.

I look forward to your reply wih baited breath, although no doubt someone at this club will try to sell this email for £12,000,000 to Aston Villa and replace it with an unheard of fax from South America.

Yours sincerely

Mr Gallowgate Mag

How can Ashley be stupid enough to not get one in before October! And if it really is Ince or Poyet, when Zico and Terim are reportedly interested, I will be livid.

Is there some unknown October deadline that I'm not aware of like? If appoints someone on 30th September, is that OK?

To whom it may concern.

I'd just like to state my utter disgust at the way the club have treated Mr Kevin Keegan and his backroom staff after the excellent job they did at St James' Park in the last eight months.

The top efforts of all concerned at the club have all been undone in one foul swoop. If the prick Dennis Wise employs one of his mates, it really will be "jobs for the boys". This includes Paul Ince and Gus Poyet.

If a world class manager is not employed, the club will not receive another penny off me outside of my season ticket commitment.

Finally, i'd like to ask how I can go about applying for the vacant managers job at Newcastle United. I feel I have as muh experience as Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet at managing a top flight club.

I look forward to your reply wih baited breath, although no doubt someone at this club will try to sell this email for £12,000,000 to Aston Villa and replace it with an unheard of fax from South America.

Yours sincerely

Mr Gallowgate Mag

I know you're passionate, fair play for that., but that letter is absolute bollocks.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

To whom it may concern.

Yours sincerely

Mr Gallowgate Mag

I know you're passionate, fair play for that., but that letter is absolute bollocks.

To whom it may concern.  TRUE

I'd just like to state my utter disgust at the way the club have treated Mr Kevin Keegan and his backroom staff after the excellent job they did at St James' Park in the last eight months.  TRUE

The top efforts of all concerned at the club have all been undone in one foul swoop. If the prick Dennis Wise employs one of his mates, it really will be "jobs for the boys". This includes Paul Ince and Gus Poyet.  TRUE

If a world class manager is not employed, the club will not receive another penny off me outside of my season ticket commitment.  TRUE

Finally, i'd like to ask how I can go about applying for the vacant managers job at Newcastle United. I feel I have as muh experience as Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet at managing a top flight club.  TRUE

I look forward to your reply wih baited breath, although no doubt someone at this club will try to sell this email for £12,000,000 to Aston Villa and replace it with an unheard of fax from South America.  PROBABLY TRUE

Yours sincerely

Mr Gallowgate Mag  FALSE - I should have put faithfully.

I'm not trying to back up what Mr S here is saying but Hughton is hardly likely to say, "oh training was an absolute disaster, everyone was moping around because KK has gone". Take what hughton says here with a pinch of salt,  the training probably wasn't a disaster but if you think the players are uneffected by KK's departure, then I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

I am not argueing that they have no been affected (of course they will have been), but we have no way of knowing to what extent and based on interviews today it seems that they are doing their best to move forward. I was simply taking issue with someone who somehow knows for sure that they have a low moral, and knows that some players want the owners out based on sodding facebook.

but Hughton is hardly likely to say, "oh training was an absolute disaster, everyone was moping around because KK has gone". Take what hughton says here with a pinch of salt,  the training probably wasn't a disaster but if you think the players are uneffected by KK's departure, then I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

So afar, do you want communication from the club after all, just so you can speculate anyway?

;D