Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Paul Ince just looks like a scared child whenever i've seen him on television. You can argue that his PR skills shouldn't matter an awful lot, but the man himself, just in general - he looks like a shy bairn man. I'm only really making assumptions, but imagine the difference in the dressing room from Kevin Keegan to Paul Ince. The personalities/motivational skills will be fucking gulfs apart.

He's fucked Blackburn's squad royally up the arse n'all. Robbie Fowler ffs? Yes - finances probably aren't that great and if he came here he wouldn't be in charge of transfers, but again it all links in with players wanting to play for him/motivation, etc.

Haven't paid much attention to Blackburn in general admittedly, but i am not sold on Ince whatsoever. Big fucking backwards step.

Poyet, well, i just don't know. My opinion of him is just clouded by the distaste of him as a person and a player and his Spurs connections.

Deschamps on the other hand sounds fairly interesting. Done well wherever he's gone thus far - got Monaco to the CL final, knocking 8 past Deportivo in one game iirc. Took Juve back up aswell.

but Hughton is hardly likely to say, "oh training was an absolute disaster, everyone was moping around because KK has gone". Take what hughton says here with a pinch of salt,  the training probably wasn't a disaster but if you think the players are uneffected by KK's departure, then I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

So afar, do you want communication from the club after all, just so you can speculate anyway?

Yes I do, what Hughton says about training, which is what every manager says at pracitcally every pre match interwiew., "oh the lads have been flying in training". Has bugger all to do with what the owner and directors have to say about events over the last week and what their plans are for the future.

It's like when you and your girl have a big fight and she stays at a friends house for a few days then you talk it over and everything's back the way it was.  Oh and the make-up sex is fantastic.

How crazy is this club? It couldn't happen surely.

It's like when you and your girl have a big fight and she stays at a friends house for a few days then you talk it over and everything's back the way it was.  Oh and the make-up sex is fantastic.

So have you accepted that bloke she has on the side or has she kicked him out ?

but Hughton is hardly likely to say, "oh training was an absolute disaster, everyone was moping around because KK has gone". Take what hughton says here with a pinch of salt,  the training probably wasn't a disaster but if you think the players are uneffected by KK's departure, then I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

So afar, do you want communication from the club after all, just so you can speculate anyway?

Yes I do, what Hughton says about training, which is what every manager says at pracitcally every pre match interwiew., "oh the lads have been flying in training". Has bugger all to do with what the owner and directors have to say about events over the last week and what their plans are for the future.

It's just an example of how everyone makes their own mind up about the truth when the club say something.

To make the example more specific, if the club said 'we tried to work things out with Keegan but he wasn't prepared to talk, so he felt he had no option but to resign', followed by 'we are considering a number of candidates in the ongoing search for a new manager'.

That wouldn't exactly be groundbreaking would it? You could apply the 'that's what they would say' argument to that as well.

That's why I don't think the club can't win with this one.

Imagine if he came back under this regime.  Everyone would get trampled to death in the stampede of backtracking.  :lol:

Imagine if he came back under this regime.  Everyone would get trampled to death in the stampede of backtracking.  :lol:

Our knees are worn out enough as it is.

Its probably just a last attempt at clinging onto some hope, but I've good a funny feeling that Ashley is still contemplating trying to reconcile with Keegan - lets not forget it wasn't Ashley who forced him to resign, but Ashley does have the power to attempt a reconciliation and to help manipulate the structure to fit all of the players

I didn't know my ramblings would get people putting their hard earned cash on the bloke  :colo: :pow:

Not impressed by the choices.  However, Ince has long bemoaned how much harder it is for him to get on the managerial ladder and if he was to leave the first Premiership club to take a chance on him after only a few weeks, I think that would be very poor of him.

I don't think you understand the analogy if you're suggesting Keegan was seeing another club on the side ...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe its a done deal with Keegan

By waiting a while until they announce it it dosnt seem impulsive, and will seem they have been talking over a long period of time

I don't think you understand the analogy if you're suggesting Keegan was seeing another club on the side ...

No, read it again, I was saying your lass is.

Guest MrSundlofer

Well I know for sure there is a low moral in the squad at the moment after Keegan left. It's still there. If the club should make it better they must bring in a manager who will excite both the players and  the fans.

I don't think Ince or Poyet will excite the players. Maybe Deschamps because he was and is a big name. Bring Zico or Terim. They can do the motivation wich is needed.

I also know some of our players want Wise and Ashley OUT. Wesly Ngo Baheng for example.

Cheer up. Bassong seemed particularly perky today in his interview and according to CH the training went well, so I'm not sure how you know for sure there is low moral in the sqaud.

As for 'knowing' some of our players wanting Wise and Ashley out, I take it this is based purely on Ngo Baheng joining a facebook group?

I am sure I know the moral in the squad is low because a player in the squad told me.

And it's pretty obvious the moral in the squad is low after what has happend.

Well I know for sure there is a low moral in the squad at the moment after Keegan left. It's still there. If the club should make it better they must bring in a manager who will excite both the players and  the fans.

I don't think Ince or Poyet will excite the players. Maybe Deschamps because he was and is a big name. Bring Zico or Terim. They can do the motivation wich is needed.

I also know some of our players want Wise and Ashley OUT. Wesly Ngo Baheng for example.

Cheer up. Bassong seemed particularly perky today in his interview and according to CH the training went well, so I'm not sure how you know for sure there is low moral in the sqaud.

As for 'knowing' some of our players wanting Wise and Ashley out, I take it this is based purely on Ngo Baheng joining a facebook group?

I am sure I know the moral in the squad is low because a player in the squad told me.

And it's pretty obvious the moral in the squad is low after what has happend.

We've often had a problem with players not having morals :shifty:

By waiting a while until they announce it it dosnt seem impulsive, and will seem they have been talking over a long period of time

that would be absolutely fantastic but unfortunately for us it is absolutely ludicrous

Nothing is impossible at this club, you should know that by now!

Would people actually want Keegan to come back under Ashley or would it be incredibly idiotic for all concerned?

Yeah it would be interesting to know how many people would want Keegan back under the current or even a revised system.

Would people actually want Keegan to come back under Ashley or would it be incredibly idiotic for all concerned?

Yeah it would be interesting to know how many people would want Keegan back under the current or even a revised system.

I certainly wouldn't. He's had his chance, he chose to resign so it's time for us to move on.

that would be absolutely fantastic but unfortunately for us it is absolutely ludicrous

Nothing is impossible at this club, you should know that by now!

it is absolutely ludicrous, and so probably will happen! i see your point

I certainly wouldn't. He's had his chance, he chose to resign so it's time for us to move on.

im really stuck in 2 minds. on the one hand hes had his chance but on the other hand hes about the only person who could get us playing proper football that the fans would give time to.

im really stuck in 2 minds. on the one hand hes had his chance but on the other hand hes about the only person who could get us playing proper football that the fans would give time to.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with him coming back under Ashley, I would have a problem in him coming back under the same conditions he left. Something would have to give.