No confidence letter by true faith

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

NO CONFIDENCE - 4/Sep/08   

Become a signatory to a letter of NO CONFIDENCE to Mike Ashley

Dear Mr Ashley,

This publication would like to make it abundantly clear that it has NO CONFIDENCE whatsoever in the management structure at Newcastle United which includes the position of Dennis Wise as Executive Director and Managing Director, Derek Llambias.

This publication would like to make it clear it has considerable doubts as to your suitability to own Newcastle United Football Club and questions strongly your financial commitment to running the club in a manner which will bring sustainable progress.

Under your stewardship the club has failed to invest sufficiently on the playing side and as a result we have a threadbare squad which is extremely vulnerable to injuries and suspensions in this new season.

We call upon you to remove Wise and Llambias from their positions of seniority over the team manager and to make a public statement about the funding available to build a squad worthy of the name of Newcastle United and which the support the club enjoys deserves.

true faith, Newcastle United Fanzine also at www.true-faith.co.uk

If you would like your name to be included on the list of signatories to this letter please e-mail [email protected] with your full name and seaon ticket number before Monday 8/Sep/08 when we will be sending the letter to Mr Ashley. Please bring this note to the attention of all other parties who you believe may be sympathetic to its contents.

Guest toonlass

and to make a public statement about the funding available to build a squad

Always good for transfers that people know how much cash you have to spend ?!?!?!?

Meaning what exactly. I don't think True faith want Ashley to say he has x amount of money to spend, but I do think its unfair to lead the fans into believing that significant amounts will be there to strengthen the squad which then never materialises. Ashley should either say, ok I am going to back the manager financially in the way he needs to take the club forward, or say We need to sell players to buy players. The truth would be nice!

and to make a public statement about the funding available to build a squad

Always good for transfers that people know how much cash you have to spend ?!?!?!?

Meaning what exactly. I don't think True faith want Ashley to say he has x amount of money to spend, but I do think its unfair to lead the fans into believing that significant amounts will be there to strengthen the squad which then never materialises. Ashley should either say, ok I am going to back the manager financially in the way he needs to take the club forward, or say We need to sell players to buy players. The truth would be nice!

He said there was money for players and by the sounds of things there was we just didn't get them.

This publication would like to make it abundantly clear that it has NO CONFIDENCE whatsoever in the management structure at Newcastle United which includes the position of Dennis Wise as Executive Director and Managing Director, Derek Llambias.

Just been listening to David Davies (former FA) paying respects to Keegan and he actually spoke with the highest regard for Dennis Wise as well. What does he know though, just because he actually knows him?

Completely disagree with the statement about transfer funds - as I've said time and time again, it's only good spending money if the players available are both quality and willing to play for the club for the right reasons. Clearly there just aren't that many players interested in a mid-table club who are only willing to pay relatively realistic (looking at you here Man City and West Ham) wages.

I can understand the aner and frustration but this won't benefit the club in any shape or form.

If Ashley sells up to the first reasonable bid then fuck knows where the club will end up. Time to regroup and get behind the club.

The club should always come first.

I can understand the aner and frustration but this won't benefit the club in any shape or form.

If Ashley sells up to the first reasonable bid then f*** knows where the club will end up. Time to regroup and get behind the club.

The club should always come first.

Do what you've alwasy done, get what.......

Time to make a stand.

Guthrie, Jonas, Coloccini, Basong...all have been decent signings. Coloccini was a club record for a CB. Xisco may yet come good.

Ashley bought our club from Fat Freddy and bailed it out of massive debt out of his own pocket. I think he can be forgiven for wanting to make smart signings and not spend over the top. It's too bad that things didn't work out between Keegan and the board, but no matter how much we love Kev, it's not fair to pin the blame completely on Ashley.

Guest optimistic nit

i think its a good idea. certainly better than mass rioting/protesting, it is worded well imo, its just makes it clear we have no confidence with what is going on, without getting emotional, so i like it personally.

Guthrie, Jonas, Coloccini, Basong...all have been decent signings. Coloccini was a club record for a CB. Xisco may yet come good.

Ashley bought our club from Fat Freddy and bailed it out of massive debt out of his own pocket. I think he can be forgiven for wanting to make smart signings and not spend over the top. It's too bad that things didn't work out between Keegan and the board, but no matter how much we love Kev, it's not fair to pin the blame completely on Ashley.

Hooray.

Sense.

Guest smarty2006

Hooray.

Sense.

Exactly! 

Hooray.

Sense.

Exactly! 

Disappointed that he's sided with Wise and Llambias over Keegan, but how much of this is just pantomime hero v villain based on extreme local bias? It's a strange sign that our net spend this summer resulted in profit for the club, but it's one thing to jump to the conclusion that he's using us for a business when it is clear that he has cleared us of massive debt.

You know, the only thing stopping me from hating Ashley and Wise completely is that although they have failed to bring in any star signings, the ones they have brought in have been a definate improvement with Colocinni and Gutierrez being outstanding.

That is the only thing.