Fatih Terim interested in NUFC job

SUPERTOON

Lien:Why?

Why the f*** isn't this in the Terim thread? :lol:

Told you I'm still an amateur on here!

*Sits in corner*

I'll try again....

From an outsider looking in, Faith Terim, a volatile manager who would want control over things is exactly the sort of manager Newcastle would not want. Surely stability is the key? (Though whether this is the system's fault is another debate). Has Terim had much success when there were big expectations, or with a big club in a big league? Apologies if I'm wrong, just from an outsider's perspective, it'd be a baffling appointment.

*Sits in corner*

I'll try again....

From an outsider looking in, Faith Terim, a volatile manager who would want control over things is exactly the sort of manager Newcastle would not want. Surely stability is the key? (Though whether this is the system's fault is another debate). Has Terim had much success when there were big expectations, or with a big club in a big league? Apologies if I'm wrong, just from an outsider's perspective, it'd be a baffling appointment.

Stability with who? An amateur like Poyet or Zola? I'd rather take a risk on Terim or Deschamps.

*Sits in corner*

I'll try again....

Stability with who? An amateur like Poyet or Zola? I'd rather take a risk on Terim or Deschamps.

Well I guess it'll be a risk whoever is appointed. I think my point that I fairly poorly worded in the previous comment was that the system could be the key to whether stability (throughout the club) can be achieved. The manager needs to be prepared to have less than 100% control over transfers. I guess I'm just criticising the system itself; it's obstructive and is bound to cause friction.

Has Terim had much success when there were big expectations, or with a big club in a big league? Apologies if I'm wrong, just from an outsider's perspective, it'd be a baffling appointment.

Looked like he was doing a decent job at Milan for a few months imo, before the Milan board sacked him for Ancelotti. Nothing he could really do about that, Ancelotti was a Milan legend and the man the Milan hierarchy wanted first and foremost but previously unavailable, so they snapped him up as soon as he left Juve whilst ruthlessly saying "thank you, here's the door" to Terim.

Could be good up here, but he'd throw a fit if he gets overruled on transfers by someone like Dennis Wise.