Fatih Terim interested in NUFC job

SUPERTOON

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Glad nothing happened at the 8pm deadline. The longer it goes without appointing a new manager, the closer Ashley is to selling the club.....hopefully.

I'd rather get the Ashley regime out before we get anybody in. The club would be in the same situation it was when Ashley took over with Big Sam in charge. I'm worried that if Ashley spits his dummy out before he takes his toys home we could end up with some bugger like David O'Leary or Bryan Robson.

I'm worried that if Ashley spits his dummy out before he takes his toys home we could end up with some bugger like David O'Leary or Bryan Robson.

So you think he'd employ a shit manager just to piss off the fans, even though the club doing poorly would reflect in it's value?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Fatih Terim Talks Confirmed

By Ken Waugh - 07/09/2008 18:42

Confirmation has arrived that Newcastle United are in talks with Turkey Manager - Fatih Terim.

Setanta Sports News broke earlier that Terim would be interested in the vacant position after they interviewed his agent Mel Goldberg.

"It goes without saying that any manager, including Terim, would be interested in a position like this," Goldberg told Setanta Sports News.

'Newcastle is a massive club with passionate fans and we hope they bring in the right man for the job."

In a phone call I received this evening, the Setanta guy explained that they would be breaking news at 8pm that we had already been in discussions with the highly though of manager.

Lets see what tomorrow brings....

Talkofthetyne

This 8pm deadline Dave

I'd rather get the Ashley regime out before we get anybody in. The club would be in the same situation it was when Ashley took over with Big Sam in charge. I'm worried that if Ashley spits his dummy out before he takes his toys home we could end up with some bugger like David O'Leary or Bryan Robson.

Same.

Agree cannot get enthusiastic about a new manager atm i still feel dead inside i couldnt give a shit and tbh i hope fatman mk2 gets the fuck out sharpish and takes his cronies with him .

I'm not sure why you lot think there's much of a chance at all of Ashley disappearing any time soon.

It won't happen, so get behind the team and just hope we appoint a decent replacement.

Aye this is my stance, I would rather we sorted out a quality manager than sit and HOPE Ashley fucks off any time soon.

I'm not sure why you lot think there's much of a chance at all of Ashley disappearing any time soon.

It won't happen, so get behind the team and just hope we appoint a decent replacement.

Aye this is my stance, I would rather we sorted out a quality manager than sit and HOPE Ashley f***s off any time soon.

Just my opinion, but we the fans have more power than to just sit & hope for it.

Guest loonietoonie

Thing is, if we do appoint someone, whoever it is, Dennis Wise is still in charge really. We're not going to appoint a manager.

"first team coach" :(

Aye this is my stance, I would rather we sorted out a quality manager than sit and HOPE Ashley fucks off any time soon.

Agreed; as much as they've disgusted me with this whole debacle I just can't see them disappearing in the near future so we've got to pray they do better this time.

There's now some huge fucking pressure to get it right - if they thought the expectations at this club were high then they've seen nothing yet.

Aye this is my stance, I would rather we sorted out a quality manager than sit and HOPE Ashley f***s off any time soon.

Just my opinion, but we the fans have more power than to just sit & hope for it.

Hopefully, won't get my hopes up though.