Fatih Terim interested in NUFC job

SUPERTOON

I once saw his press conference...in English. Fckin hilariously awful  bluelaugh.gif.

Though the good about this is he could bring in Arda.

Oh no he couldn't  :nope:

Why not ?

He's close with Galatasarey and Turkish players usually listen to him as a father.

If he tells Arda he wants him and tells Gala to sell him I think he can get Arda for a good price.

Just googled this pic, young Terim lol

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/7ded972730b37731e6d60aabda5c89a118777/fatih+terim

I once saw his press conference...in English. Fckin hilariously awful  bluelaugh.gif.

Though the good about this is he could bring in Arda.

Oh no he couldn't  :nope:

Why not ?

He's close with Galatasarey and Turkish players usually listen to him as a father.

If he tells Arda he wants him and tells Gala to sell him I think he can get Arda for a good price.

Just googled this pic, young Terim lol

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/7ded972730b37731e6d60aabda5c89a118777/fatih+terim

He'd only get him if Dennis Wise wanted him.

Guest hikickry

the more I think about terim, the more i would like him as 'manager'. He's more of a coach anyway, good at player motivation, passionate, likes aggressive football. Also speaks english. Could be good for us.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=_93vZQmtdys

bluelaugh.gif

still, better than scolari's rambles about supermarkets and insisting on calling chelsea, "chel-see-ah"  ;D

He's a top manager, personally I've always liked him.

Achievements

As coach

* Turkey

o Semi-finals at the 2008 UEFA European Football Championship

* Galatasaray

o UEFA Cup: 1 (2000)

o Turkish League: 4 (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 1999-00)

o Turkish Cup: 2 (1999), (2000)

* A.C. Milan

* ACF Fiorentina

o Reached final of Coppa Italia: (2001)

His Wiki entry speaks volumes about him as a manager, this man is certainly someone who should be high on our shortlist.

He's a top manager, personally I've always liked him.

Achievements

As coach

* Turkey

o Semi-finals at the 2008 UEFA European Football Championship

* Galatasaray

o UEFA Cup: 1 (2000)

o Turkish League: 4 (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 1999-00)

o Turkish Cup: 2 (1999), (2000)

* A.C. Milan

* ACF Fiorentina

o Reached final of Coppa Italia: (2001)

His Wiki entry speaks volumes about him as a manager, this man is certainly someone who should be high on our shortlist.

The only thing that stands out there is the Euros. AC Milan didn't go far, Gala/Fener win everything in Turkey and one cup final appearance is something that mediocre managers can achieve - read Steve McLaren and the UEFA Cup with Boro.

Would be a good appointment and possibly even a step up from Keagan but sadly some (majority) of our fans would prefer Curbishley or Gid forbid O'Leeaary purely on the basis that they've never heard of Terim before

Name me one, just one Newcastle fan who would take either Curbishley or O'Leary over Terim.

I have no particular reason to want Terim myself, but at least he is not on my 'not in a million years' list.

Would be a good appointment and possibly even a step up from Keagan but sadly some (majority) of our fans would prefer Curbishley or Gid forbid O'Leeaary purely on the basis that they've never heard of Terim before

Name me one, just one Newcastle fan who would take either Curbishley or O'Leary over Terim.

I have no particular reason to want Terim myself, but at least he is not on my 'not in a million years' list.

You beat me to that. To suggest any fan would want Curbishley or O'Learly is madness.

Sniffer? He wouldnt want a brown one.

NE5

NE5

Oh that was uncalled for  ;D

I love his character and i think he would fit in perfectly.

He knows how to work under pressure and he wears his heart on his chest.

I'd love if we hire him :shifty:

He's a very passionate, guy, I think that's why Newcastle fans would probably take to him. Can't see us going for him though, probably a bit too volatile for Ashley to take on after what happened with Keegan.

I love his character and i think he would fit in perfectly.

He knows how to work under pressure and he wears his heart on his chest.

I'd love if we hire him :shifty:

He's a very passionate, guy, I think that's why Newcastle fans would probably take to him. Can't see us going for him though, probably a bit too volatile for Ashley to take on after what happened with Keegan.

Do people on here actually believe, that there would be one good manager/coach who'll accept Mikeys way? I for one, don't think so...

The DOF system really isn't that shocking to people outside Britain. As far as i know most clubs in France, Germany, Turkey, and Italy use it.

The difference is that the DoF works together with the manager.

Also, does the following sound like someone who would like to work under Wise

His aggressive and offensive style of football, and his tense relations with the mercurial club president and owner Vittorio Cecchi Gori made Terim a favourite amongst Fiorentina fans. In Fiorentina, Terim had a significant start, beating AC Milan (4-0) and holding Juventus to a 3-3 thrilling draw, and eliminating Milan 4-2 on aggregate to reach the final of the Coppa Italia. However, in the middle of the 2000-2001 season, Terim declared that he was not going to extend his contract with the club since Cecchi Gori did not intend to make the investments that he requested. After his declaration, the team's performance declined significantly, and his continuing clashes with the club president urged him to resign before the season ended.

In the summer of 2001, he was named the coach of AC Milan turning down offers from other clubs like FC Barcelona and Liverpool. Immediately he signed Rui Costa and Ümit Davala to the club. He transformed AC Milan's system, playing with a system very similar to the Total football style of Rinus Michels. It was a simple 4-3-1-2 formation with Rui Costa as the playmaker. While he was coaching AC Milan, the team reached the third round of the UEFA Cup. However, after several disappointing results, his contract was terminated and making his AC Milan career last only 5 months.

No chance.

The DOF system really isn't that shocking to people outside Britain. As far as i know most clubs in France, Germany, Turkey, and Italy use it.

Exactly.

Do they all employ DOF with zero experience of the job or standing in the game too?