Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

The commentators mention a stat on sat that hes had about 30 shots at goal or so since being here.

I dont remember anywhere near that amount.

Are they counting terrible crosses that the keeper catches???

Guest firetotheworks

So sick of this debate. Particularly the people that hone in on his shit final ball whilst ignoring the fact that almost everything goes through him, and that he relieves the defence in doing it. His final ball is shit, but he does everything else very well, and without him we would undoubtedly be a far worse team.

I just watched that video of him from the first game of last season Vs Manure.

f*** me, he looked like a world beater.  Confidence player for sure.

And against Bolton at home. Keegan motivational skills no doubt.

So sick of this debate. Particularly the people that hone in on his shit final ball whilst ignoring the fact that almost everything goes through him, and that he relieves the defence in doing it. His final ball is shit, but he does everything else very well, and without him we would undoubtedly be a far worse team.

When he can be arsed he's definitely worth having in the team. Not close to justified his fee, wage or reputation though. Also I think his all round passing is poor, and whilst his running relieves pressure elsewhere his reluctance / inability to start anything that looks like it might turn into a goal he doesn't exact very much if any pressure on the opposition.

Guest firetotheworks

So sick of this debate. Particularly the people that hone in on his s*** final ball whilst ignoring the fact that almost everything goes through him, and that he relieves the defence in doing it. His final ball is s***, but he does everything else very well, and without him we would undoubtedly be a far worse team.

When he can be arsed he's definitely worth having in the team. Not close to justified his fee, wage or reputation though. Also I think his all round passing is poor, and whilst his running relieves pressure elsewhere his reluctance / inability to start anything that looks like it might turn into a goal he doesn't exact very much if any pressure on the opposition.

I'll save some time by just saying I dont agree with any of that.

So sick of this debate. Particularly the people that hone in on his s*** final ball whilst ignoring the fact that almost everything goes through him, and that he relieves the defence in doing it. His final ball is s***, but he does everything else very well, and without him we would undoubtedly be a far worse team.

I'll save some time by just saying I dont agree with any of that.

Fair play.

I agree. He is of use though against the defenders in this league if we manage to keep him.

We have a winner. Agree 100% with this.

I agree. He is of use though against the defenders in this league if we manage to keep him.

Need to work out how to use him properly. Could be key if we work him out. Not even sure what his best position is mind. If we can get him interested he should rip it up.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20090818/53767719538/noticia/operacion-lateral.html

His name is mentioned at the bottom of that article about possible Barcelona targets.

If Pep Guardiola thinks he's good enough for Barca then he should be like a God for us...I still would like to see him being given a chance in the middle as an attcking playmaker in front of the midfield 3. His short passing is good so with his work rate dribbling skills and creativity he could do a decent job as an ACM and he wouldn't need to cross the ball either

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20090818/53767719538/noticia/operacion-lateral.html

His name is mentioned at the bottom of that article about possible Barcelona targets.

If Pep Guardiola thinks he's good enough for Barca then he should be like a God for us...I still would like to see him being given a chance in the middle as an attcking playmaker in front of the midfield 3. His short passing is good so with his work rate dribbling skills and creativity he could do a decent job as an ACM and he wouldn't need to cross the ball either

Not that easy though. Luque looked great in Spain.

They can have him for £30m and Messi in return.

people would just moan about messi being a shit crosser

If Messi had a monumental flaw in his game, he wouldn't be as good as he is. I can't see why people complaining about a winger being unable to score or cross is seen as moaning? It's critical...!

Thing I noticed on Sat, was he was doubled up on most of the time, so it was nearly impossible for him to cross it. On the plus it left room for enrique to run in to and cross.

Exactly. We played almost everything down the left and Gutierrez was being doubled up on, pulled their players out of position. If there was more movement in our side and players made runs with Jonas then he'd  be a much more valuable asset.

That isn't to say that he doesn't have some glaring weaknesses in his game however.

people would just moan about messi being a s*** crosser

If Messi had a monumental flaw in his game, he wouldn't be as good as he is. I can't see why people complaining about a winger being unable to score or cross is seen as moaning? It's critical...!

Messi's crossing is actually pretty poor for a player of his calibre.

tbh, South American players aren't brought up in the way British players are....their game is more playing on the deck, quick short passes etc.....not the British traditional winger culture so to speak of sticking to the wing, getting to the byline and putting in high crosses.

Guest ObaStar

tbh, South American players aren't brought up in the way British players are....their game is more playing on the deck, quick short passes etc.....not the British traditional winger culture so to speak of sticking to the wing, getting to the byline and putting in high crosses.

When Milner was here and did that, people just bitched about him being slow and unable to dribble past defenders well.

When Milner was here and did that, people just bitched about him being slow and unable to dribble past defenders well.

It was more to do with his crosses not actually reaching anyone or not beating that the first man.

Guest ObaStar

It was more to do with his crosses not actually reaching anyone or not beating that the first man.

Ok well he is good enough for Capello