Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Jonas Gutierrez Could Sign For Barcelona In The Following Hours

Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez could reinforce Barcelona in the next few hours, if negotiations between both clubs prosper.

Gutierrez, 26, has been looking for a move away from Newcastle United, in order to improve his chances of participating in the 2010 World Cup with Argentina. The Argentine admitted that he would be overjoyed to sign for Barca.

"The truth is they are a great team. They already demonstrated this last season by winning everything. For one, to be part of a great team is always a dream, to play with great players. But, right now it is something I try not to think about. I'm only thinking of Newcastle. But obviously, to play there is a dream for any player," said Gutierrez.

"They are a club who are doing things very well, they have great players and any player would like to play for this team," he insisted.

Gutierrez, who is a starter with the Argentine national team, believes he is a versatile player who can adapt to any kind of circumstances, and whether he remains at Newcastle or moves to the Catalans isn't of great concern to him.

"One tries to accommodate himself to what he needs, or to the coach, or to the team, or at the team where one plays. If I am asked to play as a side-back, one tries to do the best possible, always trying to progress. They are two positions that aren't too different to one another," affirmed the player.

In recent weeks Diego Maradona stated that playing at Newcastle United won't affect Gutierrez's position in the national team, if of course, he continues to play at a high level.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/barcelona/2009/08/21/1453526/jonas-gutierrez-could-sign-for-barcelona-in-the-following

Jonas Gutierrez Could Sign For Barcelona In The Following Hours

Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez could reinforce Barcelona in the next few hours, if negotiations between both clubs prosper.

Gutierrez, 26, has been looking for a move away from Newcastle United, in order to improve his chances of participating in the 2010 World Cup with Argentina. The Argentine admitted that he would be overjoyed to sign for Barca.

"The truth is they are a great team. They already demonstrated this last season by winning everything. For one, to be part of a great team is always a dream, to play with great players. But, right now it is something I try not to think about. I'm only thinking of Newcastle. But obviously, to play there is a dream for any player," said Gutierrez.

"They are a club who are doing things very well, they have great players and any player would like to play for this team," he insisted.

Gutierrez, who is a starter with the Argentine national team, believes he is a versatile player who can adapt to any kind of circumstances, and whether he remains at Newcastle or moves to the Catalans isn't of great concern to him.

"One tries to accommodate himself to what he needs, or to the coach, or to the team, or at the team where one plays. If I am asked to play as a side-back, one tries to do the best possible, always trying to progress. They are two positions that aren't too different to one another," affirmed the player.

In recent weeks Diego Maradona stated that playing at Newcastle United won't affect Gutierrez's position in the national team, if of course, he continues to play at a high level.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/barcelona/2009/08/21/1453526/jonas-gutierrez-could-sign-for-barcelona-in-the-following

www.goal.com

Need I say more than that.

Imagine being the most correct website in the world ever, reverse that correctness, then take a pinch of Newcastle Mad, add a sprinking of nufcblog and you have goal.com

i had heard they had money problems (some tax bill it turns out they owe from a previous presidential reign there) but seriously they are desperate if they think jonas would be a good addition (if its even true at all)

Guest Geordiekev

I hate to see Jonas being ribbed, he runs at defenders at a pace that sends the fear of god into them, he links up play and regardless of his finishing touch he plays a vital roll and is always utilized to great effect when linking up play especially with enrique (two of them are reading each over to good effect). He isn't scoring goals but no one can deny that the lad is not gaining confidence, when he arrived he would never take a shot on but as the last couple games have shown he is starting to put his foot through the ball "if he gets through without tripping himself up lol" .

I like the lad and rekon he brings something to our squad that other clubs lack, he also takes the knocks well if Sheff Wed was anything to go by.

I hate to see Jonas being ribbed, he runs at defenders at a pace that sends the fear of god into them, he links up play and regardless of his finishing touch he plays a vital roll and is always utilized to great effect when linking up play especially with enrique (two of them are reading each over to good effect). He isn't scoring goals but no one can deny that the lad is not gaining confidence, when he arrived he would never take a shot on but as the last couple games have shown he is starting to put his foot through the ball "if he gets through without tripping himself up lol" .

I like the lad and rekon he brings something to our squad that other clubs lack, he also takes the knocks well if Sheff Wed was anything to go by.

Tbh you're talking about him as if he was N'Zogbia when he first arrived, jonas isn't a young, inexperienced player. He's a full international with one of the top teams in the world and has already cut the mustard in Spain. We should be expecting close to the finished article with him and for all the want of the world he just does not deliver.

Tbh you're talking about him as if he was N'Zogbia when he first arrived, jonas isn't a young, inexperienced player. He's a full international with one of the top teams in the world and has already cut the mustard in Spain. We should be expecting close to the finished article with him and for all the want of the world he just does not deliver.

He's ours, says he wants to stay and we aren't going to find better. All his failings on end delivery, crossing, shooting are f*cking obvious but no side we are playing can afford to ignore him - it takes two defenders to shut him down and when he can be arsed he tracks back.

Guest Geordiekev

Just a couple highlights from todays game that echo why I like the player:

From SSN:

Jonas Gutierrez picked up the ball on the left, saw Nolan's clever run into the area and found the former Bolton midfielder with a clever chip.

Nolan made no mistake with a first-time finish through the legs of Eagles keeper Darryl Flahavan for his first Magpies goal.

Ryan Taylor collected Jonas' square pass 25 yards out and, spotting Flahavan off his line, sent a delightful left-footed curler into the top corner to open his account for the club.

Not the 1st and certainly wont be his last if he stays, as long as he is linking play and breaking through then he will create goals and hopefully get a few along the way, had he not of been on the pitch then you could rule those two winning goals out for starters..

Guest optimistic nit

good ball to set up nolan and his passing in general was good today, but he was still pretty frustrating to watch. looks pretty half arsed.

Good news will cheer the fker up..

On Radio Newcastle today Mick fkn Martin when the subs were being made and Ryan Taylor was taken off, "it should be Gutierrez, I cam't remember him doing anything for the entire game"

Well other than setup both our goals you cunt!