Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

He is still better than anything else we have on the left unfortunately.

Well that only says something about the other players...

Which means it would be a bad idea for him to go because the others are worse, surely? :lol:

Jonas and Enrique are the key to Newcastle's Championship success.

fyp

Cheers.

Actually, I'd even go as far as saying Jonas, Enrique, Colo', S.Taylor and Simpson are the key. Without 3 of those we've been shockingly organised...

fyp

Cheers.

Actually, I'd even go as far as saying Jonas, Enrique, Colo', S.Taylor and Simpson are the key. Without 3 of those we've been shockingly organised...

Simpson?

I know we're worse without him but I'm a bit worried how often he gets skinned by some very average wingers

fyp

Cheers.

Simpson?

I know we're worse without him but I'm a bit worried how often he gets skinned by some very average wingers

He appears to get back in a lot of the time though before they can advance too far. The whole defensive unit is quite good, albeit against shitty opposition.

fyp

Cheers.

Simpson?

He appears to get back in a lot of the time though before they can advance too far. The whole defensive unit is quite good, albeit against shitty opposition.

simpson is the weak link in our back four. will need a new right back for sure if we go up/

S Taylor needs to be given the RB spot.

yep.. he compensates his technical shortcomings with aggressive play, I like that. And by aggressive, I don't mean stupid flying tackles.. he's a rather powerful dribbler.

On paper Colo and Williamson should be a decent CB pairing.

Who are we realistically gonna buy next season that will improve the RB spot though?

Would like to see S.Taylor there tbh.

Taylor  Coloccini  Williamson    Enrique

Taylor has played there for England U21 and for us as well. Always did well there iirc.

Who are we realistically gonna buy next season that will improve the RB spot though?

I'd be very surprised if we buy a RB now we have Simpson permanently.

I agree. We've given him a long term contract for a reason.

Aye, because he was cheap.

I'd be very surprised if we buy a RB now we have Simpson permanently.

I agree. We've given him a long term contract for a reason.

Aye, because he was cheap.

Quite possibly, but at the end of the day because we want to use him as first choice RB for the next 3.5 years.