Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

it's funny to me when everyones goes on about pace when you think of our better players in the premier era only gillespie and bellamy had pace to burn, all the rest had guile,nouse, technique and intelligence.

Dyer and Cole were quite nippy.

Robert.

Yeah the way Taylor ran along the line until the ball was played was superb, fair play to the linesman actually watching the game too, would have been easy to flag with him being so clear. Pity about the very poor finish.

it wasn't just the run (stopping onside) it was the vision to see the possibility. he's not feet quick but a little nouse can go a long way and a great spot by nolan aswell.

it's funny to me when everyones goes on about pace when you think of our better players in the premier era only gillespie and bellamy had pace to burn, all the rest had guile,nouse, technique and intelligence.

Our two most successful periods in the premier were under Keegan and SBR, and both relied heavily on attacking players with pace.

Keegan's key players: Ginola, Cole, Ferdinand, Lee were all quick.

SBR: Dyer, Bellamy, Robert. We won tons of away games because of our lightning quick counter attacks.

Yeah the way Taylor ran along the line until the ball was played was superb, fair play to the linesman actually watching the game too, would have been easy to flag with him being so clear. Pity about the very poor finish.

it wasn't just the run (stopping onside) it was the vision to see the possibility. he's not feet quick but a little nouse can go a long way and a great spot by nolan aswell.

Our two most successful periods in the premier were under Keegan and SBR, and both relied heavily on attacking players with pace.

SBR: Dyer, Bellamy, Robert. We won tons of away games because of our lightning quick counter attacks.

excellent point

Guest Heneage

You need pace to be good at counter attacks, look at how often Man Utd did it with Ronaldo, Bolton at Home and Arsenal away.

Lee had a great engine but I wouldn't exactly say he was quick and Ginola wasn't quick either.

Lee had a great engine but I wouldn't exactly say he was quick and Ginola wasn't quick either.

They weren't slow either. Both of them could motor when they needed to.

But not what you would call quick.

That's really funny. Not even quite quick.

How about quick enough?

Jerome Rothen admits he has been a "failure" at Rangers

Wantaway Rangers winger Jerome Rothen admits he has been a "failure'' in Scotland.

Rothen moved to Glasgow on a season-long loan deal from Paris St Germain but has played just a handful of games for Walter Smith's men.

The 31-year-old is under contract until June but has been told by the club he can leave this month.

"I have to recognise that my stay in Scotland is a failure,'' Rothen told L'Equipe. "I have not played since October 20 and Rangers' defeat against Unirea Urziceni.

"However, I was elected as my team's best player by the supporters that night. So I asked for a talk with the coach, Walter Smith, to ask him what was happening. He told me that the best solution was for me to leave in the transfer window.''

Rothen, who has ruled out a return to PSG, insists he is baffled as to why he is so rarely considered by Smith. Newcastle are reportedly after the former France international and he claims he would be willing to take a pay cut to end his Rangers' nightmare.

"I played eight matches in Rangers' colours this season,'' Rothen continued. "I was voted man of the match three times, always playing on the right, never in my own position.

"Rangers have 35 million euro debts and have to economise. The first would be to save themselves from paying six months of my salary. I have contacts but until something is signed...

"At the moment I only want an interesting sporting challenge. I have so much desire to play, to shine. I am only 31 and I am fresh in my head. I've heard it said that I will create financial problems. That's false. I'm ready to make certain concessions.''

---------

hmmm.......