Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest ST James

He looks like he is getting better and better for us

Doesn't look overly interested to me.

hows that?

I've mentioned on here several times about him.

Im new

He really shoots himself in the foot by every so often deciding "Fuck this, I'm gonna fucking try for a while" and putting in a great shift, usually towards the end of games.

Looks like a wasp on coke for about 30 minutes and really highlights how much he's half-arsing it out there more often than not.

Still one of our most important players though, only player who stops the long ball business becoming absolutely unbearable.

hows that?

Im new

Still going through the motions as far as I'm concerned, puts in a shift when he can be bothered and he's lost that yard/zip he had about him at the start of last season.

Guest ST James

hows that?

Im new

Still going through the motions as far as I'm concerned, puts in a shift when he can be bothered and he's lost that yard/zip he had about him at the start of last season.

[/quote

hows that?

Im new

Point taken m8

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Defo agree with the poster who said having Lovenkrands movement around him helped- His movement and positioning was excellent- We'll see a better Jonas around players such as Lovenkrands than say Carroll or Ameobi

hows that?

Im new

To be fair to him at the start of last season you'd struggle to find a player to match his energy, so he set a pretty high standard for himself.  I agree he slacked off towards the end of last season and start of this season but now he's starting to pick it up again.

Guest ST James

hows that?

Im new

To be fair to him at the start of last season you'd struggle to find a player to match his energy, so he set a pretty high standard for himself.  I agree he slacked off towards the end of last season and start of this season but now he's starting to pick it up again.

Thats right and when the crowd gets behind him he plays even better we should get behind our players more

Do you think everything else is the same as the start of last season? Seems like quite a few massively obvious reasons why he wouldnt perform at that standard constantly.

So you focus on him not matching up to your very high initial expectations, ignoring that the standard he's playing at still makes him one of our best players easily. One which you apparently think has the potential to do even better & you only seem to see the negative. Then you put this on him not being bothered, when theres hundreds of plausible reasons why his mentality might be different & understandably so.

He hasn't looked the same since doing his shoulder in. On my iPhone so can't give your high and mighty post the full response it so obviously deserves.

I'll help you.  He's probably had just over half a dozen good games this season.

So lets ignore the change in ability of his team mates, the league he's playing in, manager, level of enthusiasm that would result from trying to prove yourself in a new team & a new league. The way a players mentality would be effected by all of the above & in turn effect his decision making during a game. Even if it were a lack of motivation to fully play at the standard he's capable of which is one option, how could you blame him.

We're top of the league, he has our joint most assists, the majority of the play goes through him when attacking. Our defence is already the best in the league, with him tracking back at the standard he is now. He's still getting into Argentina's first team, yet you expect more?

Same old nonsense. Take our best players, set a stupidly high standard for them and have a moan when they dont live up to your personal expectations because they arent robotic.

He hasn't looked the same since doing his shoulder in. On my iPhone so can't give your high and mighty post the full response it so obviously deserves.

I'll help you.  He's probably had just over half a dozen good games this season.

So lets ignore the change in ability of his team mates, the league he's playing in, manager, level of enthusiasm that would result from trying to prove yourself in a new team & a new league. The way a players mentality would be effected by all of the above & in turn effect his decision making during a game. Even if it were a lack of motivation to fully play at the standard he's capable of which is one option, how could you blame him.

We're top of the league, he has our joint most assists, the majority of the play goes through him when attacking. Our defence is already the best in the league, with him tracking back at the standard he is now. He's still getting into Argentina's first team, yet you expect more?

Same old nonsense. Take our best players, set a stupidly high standard for them and have a moan when they dont live up to your personal expectations because they arent robotic.

great post.

Totally agree.

You can't also ignore the drop in quality of the opposition, his inability to score (his one goal this season was class and he should tear most championship teams apart like that if he has the ability) and his total inconsistency.

Who is he joint with on assists btw?