Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Didn't see the game today but i can imagine what his performance was like, purely going off what peope have said. I refuse to believe he's a bad player, and i'm just gonna repeat what i've said in the past (and what others are saying now). He's an unorthodox winger, and if we had some capable footballers, most importantly who can deliver an aerial pass, we'd see the benefits of Jonas. He's meant to be a luxury player, not a key player. That doens't make him a bad one btw.

As i've said before, he'd have been class in Bobby's team.

Didn't see the game today but i can imagine what his performance was like, purely going off what peope have said. I refuse to believe he's a bad player, and i'm just gonna repeat what i've said in the past (and what others are saying now). He's an unorthodox winner, and if we had some capable footballers, most importantly who can deliver an aerial pass, we'd see the benefits of Jonas. He's meant to be a luxury player, not a key player. That doens't make him a bad one btw.

He's a bit like Kieron Dyer in the way his presence offers the team more in general play but with little end product.

Where's the thread criticising Butt, S Taylor and generally every other player we have who have who either has less quality or less heart? Jumping on Jonas' back. Get some f***ing perspective, eh?

It's easy, when your team are relying solely on one player to do everything, to blame him when things aren't going right. It's ok though, we can all see him play outstandingly next year...for someone else whilst we've spent our £200k transfer budget funded by player sales in the Championship.

No one is asking or expecting him to do everything or blaming him when things aren't going right. I'm blaming him for being inept at shooting, crossing and passing in general which isn't down to having s*** team mates but s*** technique.

If you watch how we play, the rest of the team are relying on him to do everything. Every time we get the ball it's out to the left to Jonas, let him run at players whilst the rest of the team go into hiding unless there's a set piece.

Winger or not he should be capable of sending in the odd good cross, make more of a fist of his passing and hit the f***ing target every now and again, these are basic things he just falls apart at when he's asked to do one or the other.

He actually did all those things today.

Aye once in many many attempts. One pass that was on, a simple side footed pass... over hit and behind for a goal-kick. One simple cross that was on, just loft it in, out for a goal-kick. He cuts inside, goal in full view, defender turned, what does he do? f***ing roll the ball to the grateful keeper who has had to deal with harder hit back-passes.

If Jonas, Enrique and Butt were the left side which produced so little according to you, what did you make of the football produced by Lovenkrands, Taylor and Ryan on the right?

R. Taylor sent in two excellent crosses in open play and made several good passes. The others in an attacking sense were shit, but then one is a centre-back and the other is a left footer playing wide right. At least on 10 separate occasions that I counted Jonas had great opportunities to cross the ball in, shoot or make a telling pass and he fucked them all up. I wouldn't mind but he is consistently fucking crosses, shots and passing up.

Ryan taylor hits a good cross but he can't run with the ball like most of our midfielders, which is why there is usually very little good football produced by our team. Enrique and Jonas produce the best passing and moving interchanges by a mile and it's unmatched in any other area of the pitch. Take them out of the side and we'd struggle to pass the ball out of our own half IMO. Still, let's dump on one of the few players capable of producing some skill and movement we have left.

Guest BooBoo

Didn't see the game today but i can imagine what his performance was like, purely going off what peope have said. I refuse to believe he's a bad player, and i'm just gonna repeat what i've said in the past (and what others are saying now). He's an unorthodox winner, and if we had some capable footballers, most importantly who can deliver an aerial pass, we'd see the benefits of Jonas. He's meant to be a luxury player, not a key player. That doens't make him a bad one btw.

I dont think he would have got in the team ahead of Solano. Nobby had none of the stamina of Janoas but he could really deliver the ball in the final 3rd and chipped in with goals too. Precisely what you require from a wide man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Guys, he starts for Argentina.

To be blunt, do you think we have any remote chance of getting anybody better for the foreseeable future?

Jenas starts for England. Lets not go down the international so must therefore be a top player route. He may start for Argentina but he doesn't STAR for them... pretty much how he plays for us. he starts but doesn't shine. Unless you're one of those fans who looks at his work rate and his trickery on the ball to evade markers as shininge xamples of outstanding play and contribution. I don't, I value my players being able to do good things on the ball in key areas which Jonas struggles with and its starting to effect the team.

To be blunt, do you think we have any remote chance of getting anybody better for the foreseeable future?

Jenas starts for England. Lets not go down the international so must therefore be a top player route. He may start for Argentina but he doesn't STAR for them... pretty much how he plays for us. he starts but doesn't shine. Unless you're one of those fans who looks at his work rate and his trickery on the ball to evade markers as shininge xamples of outstanding play and contribution. I don't, I value my players being able to do good things on the ball in key areas which Jonas struggles with and its starting to effect the team.

Jenas doesn't even get in the squad :lol:

Where's the thread criticising Butt, S Taylor and generally every other player we have who have who either has less quality or less heart? Jumping on Jonas' back. Get some f***ing perspective, eh?

It's easy, when your team are relying solely on one player to do everything, to blame him when things aren't going right. It's ok though, we can all see him play outstandingly next year...for someone else whilst we've spent our £200k transfer budget funded by player sales in the Championship.

No one is asking or expecting him to do everything or blaming him when things aren't going right. I'm blaming him for being inept at shooting, crossing and passing in general which isn't down to having shit team mates but shit technique.

I've been saying this for ages but people have been beating me up for it.  :-[ :razz:

I dont think he would have got in the team ahead of Solano. Nobby had none of the stamina of Janoas but he could really deliver the ball in the final 3rd and chipped in with goals too. Precisely what you require from a wide man.

I don't think he'd have got in the team of Nobby or Robert... but i still think he would have been mint on the opposite flank of one of them! He might even have been a better option than Robert in the long-run, given his defensive capabilities, but i know i'm pushing it a bit there. Away from home maybe. Robert's attacking abilities couldn't be matched in all fairness, but Jonas would have been a fantastic other option back then.

It's not really relevant. My point is we're relying on him to be awesome every week, and... well. :undecided:

No one is asking or expecting him to do everything or blaming him when things aren't going right. I'm blaming him for being inept at shooting, crossing and passing in general which isn't down to having shit team mates but shit technique.

I've been saying this for ages but people have been beating me up for it.

You also said we'd finish 7th this season with JK in charge.  :buck2:

Guest robertbobo

Jonas is frickin' awesome - not on todays showing .v. Bolton.

No attitude, no effort - if it hadn't been for the long hair would have thought it was N'Zogbia out there.

Don't blame the owners any longer - players (most off) are a disgrace.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, lets not go down the 'he gets picked to start for one of the best teams in the world so therefore must be a good player route'........in other words, yeah lets ignore the evidence that points heavily towards HTT being wrong.

Yeah, lets not go down the 'he gets picked to start for one of the best teams in the world so therefore must be a good player route'........in other words, yeah lets ignore the evidence that points heavily towards HTT being wrong.

Maybe they are short of good players?

Didn't take too long for the knives to come out :nope:  :doh:

Sorry mate, mines been out for about 2 months.

Of course it's probably not fair to judge surrounded by dross as he is.

But, he seems to lack some basiscs ie crossing, shooting and passing. Relevant or not?

But, he seems to lack some basiscs ie crossing, shooting and passing. Relevant or not?

it's a bit like criticising Martins for having a poor first touch while picking Ameobi ahead of him.

He hasn't played very well for a few games, but I still I agree completely.  No doubt if he has a few good games soon this thread will be re-renamed.. fickle cunts.

He has got things in his locker and ocassionally he does very good things, but most of the time as one of our main offensive outlets he runs down blind alleys or overhits the cross. I will say though it normally takes a season or so to aclimatise to the PL. But in all reality I'm a little dissapointed in him.

Maybe he needs to practice shooting and medium passing more...I don't know...

His crossing was shit today and hasn't been good lately, its never been that good but its definitely taken a dip.  His passing isn't great either, but again isn't anywhere near as bad as today made it look IMO.  I'd say he's a quick player with a lot of drive and trickery but with pretty average crossing and passing, and no shooting ability at all.  He's had a bad spell, but at his best he's a good player and one of our best.  Simply because even when he doesn't produce much end product he pushes teams back and creates space for other players, he also tracks back very well.  I have been disapointed with him lately, but I'm not going to get on his back yet.

It might help if he had a Paul Scholes type of player in the center of the park to help him out. He has no support when he gets down the flanks, he needs someone coming looking for the ball. He cant do it all on his own.

He hasn't played very well for a few games, but I still I agree completely.  No doubt if he has a few good games soon this thread will be re-renamed.. fickle cunts.

He has got things in his locker and ocassionally he does very good things, but most of the time as one of our main offensive outlets he runs down blind alleys or overhits the cross. I will say though it normally takes a season or so to aclimatise to the PL. But in all reality I'm a little dissapointed in him.

He definitely needs something to be done about his shooting, he just seems to have no confidence in it.  But I also think what would help him a lot is having players around him who offer him some support, from midfield/up front rather then just from left back.

You're on to something here Parky...  :kinnear: