Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest frazernufc

For the first 30 mins he was great getting forward and gave the team a real energy, but had a real poor delivery. He started to tire in the second half and got sloppy aswell as West Brazil starting to surround our play down the left side.

All of our stuff unti the box was poor, not only his but I still like him my biggest issue is him going down to easy but also his head dropping when he gets roughed up and isn't given a freekick, must learn to gut up and get on with it. This is the Championship, he IS going to get kicked all the time.

Could really make a difference for any team - yes his crossing wasn't great but he was constantly put onto his wrong foot to cross with. Yeah a couple of his 'falls' weren't great, likewise whinging - but the 'big four' have squads full of players like that and obviously does them a lot of harm.

As talented a player as we've got - was knackered by the end but certainly wasn't the only one.

There was one moment which really grated me. There was a moment in the first-half where he had the ball in the centre of the park looking out right for an overlap, shrugged his shoulders as if to signal his disgust at the lack of one, Ryan Taylor started making a run, and as if to make a point, Jonas passed the ball about 10 yards in front of Taylor at some force as if to make a point rather than make the simple pass, and it went for a throw-in. Pissed me off that.

Duff's more effective than this guy will ever be.

Sadly thats true :(

good grief

:lol: I'm actually not on the wind up.

As said above, Duff will easily hit double figures for goals this season.  All Jonas will do is contunue to run and run but disappoint in the final third.

good grief

As said above, Duff will easily hit double figures for goals this season.  All Jonas will do is contunue to run and run but disappoint in the final third.

gutierrez will be in spain before august is out.

good grief

gutierrez will be in spain before august is out.

i hope so.

Didnt we get him specfically because he was the top assister in his league? That would be a sign to me that a lot of it may be more down to the lack of movement from our players than necessarily his woeful passing everytime. He cant have turned that bad suddenly. His crossing above ground is woeful though, i agree with that.

Guest westamfan

Put him on the right flank. he's crap on the left. kept turning in on his right and losing it in all the good areas and his left foot was appalling. Why do you play Duff on the right and Jonas on the left?

Put him on the right flank. he's crap on the left. kept turning in on his right and losing it in all the good areas and his left foot was appalling. Why do you play Duff on the right and Jonas on the left?

Um. Because Enrique speaks Spanish. I dunno.

:clap:

Both Duff and Gutierez were put on their wrong foot all the time and had to cut back.

Its daft.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

I seriously doubt we'll sign a better winger this season despite his obvious faults. Who does anyone think we'll get as a replacement, exactly?

I seriously doubt we'll sign a better winger this season despite his obvious faults. Who does anyone think we'll get as a replacement, exactly?

replacement ?....replacement ? hahahahahahahahahahah!

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

replacement ?....replacement ? hahahahahahahahahahah!

I was hearing people say they want him dropped. I don't think they've considered the alternative.

Lua Lua won't be any better over a course of a season imo. His time may well come though.

The one thing he give us is he runs at defenders and they don't like it. He needs to work on a lot of things but I think his pace and skill and the fact him and jose seem to work together makes him valuable this season in an otherwise slow midfield

Duff took his goal well but he produced no service whatsoever from out wide. I don't remember him getting past the full back once which isn't good enough tbh.

There were a number of times in the first half today where Jonas won the ball, beat the fullback looked up to pass only to find no one to pass to.  Strikers found themselves marked in the box and our midfielders were nowhere to be seen.  It was only in the second half when Nolan, Smith and Duff started to get make runs into the box, unfortunately by then Jonas had stopped trying.

Get him in a team with some decent midfielders and you'll see an entirely different player.