Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

The winger refused to reach a public decision until after last month’s World Cup qualifiers, but has now dismissed the prospect of playing in next season’s Championship, saying: “It is no dream of mine.”
  6 words and an entire article extrapolated about it, but does anyone know what interview that quote came from.

Press over-reaction as usual then

I'm sure we could cliche our way to worse ...

"Disgraced winger Jonas Gutierrez has unleashed a scathing condemnation of Newcastle's failure to maintain top flight status.  His blast also serves as a desperate 'come and get me' plea to the premier league and we understand there will be no shortage of suitors for the mercurial Argentinean. This is just the latest in a string of high profile public statements from toon stars upset at dropping a league."

Was a joke, I like him, if the rest of them had put in the effort he did we would not have gone down, BUT no goals and only 3 assists is way way way poor for a wideman.

Yeah I wouldl ove to keep him and at least he is being honest non of this "I want to stay(even though I know I will be sold)" bollocks.

Was a joke, I like him, if the rest of them had put in the effort he did we would not have gone down, BUT no goals and only 3 assists is way way way poor for a wideman.

Yeah I wouldl ove to keep him and at least he is being honest non of this "I want to say(even though I know I will be sold)" bollocks.

touche  :coolsmiley:

Oh look, quotes taken out of context shocker.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5413574,00.html

Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez insists he has not been contacted about a possible loan move to Porto.

The Magpies endured a disappointing 2008/09 season as they were relegated from the Premier League, but the Argentine impressed in his debut campaign at St James' Park.

That form has reportedly led Porto to take an interest in Gutierrez as they consider possible replacements for Lucho Gonzalez, who has joined Marseille.

Argentina international Gutierrez admits he is not happy about playing in England's second tier, but he insists he does not know anything about a switch to Portugal.

He told media in South America: "I only know about the rumours, nobody has contacted me with this option.

"To play in the second division in England is not a dream, but it depends on Newcastle."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/rolleyes.gif

Oh look, quotes taken out of context shocker.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5413574,00.html

Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez insists he has not been contacted about a possible loan move to Porto.

The Magpies endured a disappointing 2008/09 season as they were relegated from the Premier League, but the Argentine impressed in his debut campaign at St James' Park.

That form has reportedly led Porto to take an interest in Gutierrez as they consider possible replacements for Lucho Gonzalez, who has joined Marseille.

Argentina international Gutierrez admits he is not happy about playing in England's second tier, but he insists he does not know anything about a switch to Portugal.

He told media in South America: "I only know about the rumours, nobody has contacted me with this option.

"To play in the second division in England is not a dream, but it depends on Newcastle."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/rolleyes.gif

Christ, that it awful, you have killed my eyes. :no:

Guttierrez = no end product. End of !

It's terrible to think if he could pass, cross and shoot as good as Milner we'd have stayed up.

It's terrible to think if we hadn't sold Milner we'd have stayed up.

It's terrible to think if he could pass, cross and shoot as good as Milner we'd have stayed up.

Milner had end product?  No-one said that when he was actually here, he was another one not good enough to replace Robert/Solano.

Milner had end product?  No-one said that when he was actually here, he was another one not good enough to replace Robert/Solano.

He had a lot more than Jonas.

I was all for Milner staying, really wanted him to develop his central role and said so for about two years before his departure.

Guest Stephen927

we shud keep him till he scores :crazy2:

I would be quite happy to see him retire here too.

Part of me would love to see him stay, his effort and skill at running with the ball are great things to have in your squad, maybe he needas another season in the English game to sort himelf out and a full time manager would help with that, some stanility and guidence.

I can see him being sold anyway so I guess it don't matter.

I was all for Milner staying, really wanted him to develop his central role and said so for about two years before his departure.

Milner was one of the players contributing to us playing shit and looking like relegation material during Allardyce's tenure/Keegan's early games. Soon as he was out of the team, along with a few others, we played much better.

Milner was one of the players contributing to us playing shit and looking like relegation material during Allardyce's tenure/Keegan's early games. Soon as he was out of the team, along with a few others, we played much better.

and got relegated.  :lol:

Selling Milner and N'Zogbia sent us down. I can't imagine for one moment that if we'd kept them that we'd be in the same position. I know neither of them were overly productive in their time here but at least they'd have scored a couple and created a couple.

I like Jonas for his effort but he produces nothing at all.

Selling Milner and N'Zogbia sent us down. I can't imagine for one moment that if we'd kept them that we'd be in the same position. I know neither of them were overly productive in their time here but at least they'd have scored a couple and created a couple.

:sadnod: and I wanted rid of N'Stropbia.

Milner was one of the players contributing to us playing s*** and looking like relegation material during Allardyce's tenure/Keegan's early games. Soon as he was out of the team, along with a few others, we played much better.

and got relegated.  :lol:

We weren't relegated when Keegan's team started to play good football as soon as Milner was injured and Smith/Duff were dropped.

The shambles that happened last season, in terms of on-pitch performances, has nothing to do with not having Milner, but instead having s*** managers/owners once Keegan walked.

Keegan was forced into playing a different formation which worked, would Milner have worked in that formation? I reckon he would, quite well.

Not as if he has gone off and proved all the critics right is it? Done very well at a side who have gone considerably better than we have in recent years.

Guest Phil K

Milners last game was a good example.

He was the best Newcastle player by a mile, even though he kept tripping over his bottom lip with sulking.

N'Zogbia was the bigger loss of the two, without a doubt for me. Was absolutely furious at the sale.

The guy had pace and dribbling, and was the only player in the squad who used it relatively effectively. Fuck JFK for getting rid of that for what I presume to be xenophobic reasons.

Prior to being droped by JFK once Duff returned from injury (and after one average game), N'Zog down the left and Jonas down the right looked like an excellent wing partnership. End product and pace down one flank, ball retention and carrying it forward under pressure down the other. Having a two-flanked attach has always reduced the impact of teams doubling up on one player, as most teams did with Jonas. Certainly remember there being a thread where many of us were getting excited at this combination.

Had he not been sold, I think we'd have stayed up.

N'Zogbia was the bigger loss of the two, without a doubt for me. Was absolutely furious at the sale.

The guy had pace and dribbling, and was the only player in the squad who used it relatively effectively. Fuck JFK for getting rid of that for what I presume to be xenophobic reasons.

Prior to being droped by JFK once Duff returned from injury (and after one average game), N'Zog down the left and Jonas down the right looked like an excellent wing partnership. End product and pace down one flank, ball retention and carrying it forward under pressure down the other. Having a two-flanked attach has always reduced the impact of teams doubling up on one player, as most teams did with Jonas. Certainly remember there being a thread where many of us were getting excited at this combination.

Had he not been sold, I think we'd have stayed up.

What's the assist and goal stats for last season for:

Zoggy

Milner

Jonas

?

Milner and N'Zogbia were practically the only players that created something and supplied our strikers. We would probably have stayed up with both of them staying at the club. Not saying they were great at it, but better than what we saw from R. Taylor and Jonas.

Keegan was forced into playing a different formation which worked, would Milner have worked in that formation? I reckon he would, quite well.

Not as if he has gone off and proved all the critics right is it? Done very well at a side who have gone considerably better than we have in recent years.

Possibly would have fit in, but that's debateable. At the time a few people on here were saying he'd have fitted into Geremi's position, but Geremi, despite the lack of legs, has the ability to play a good pass unlike Milner, and is more of a team player on the ball (will release the ball quickly, play quick one-twos, play short, etc). Milner imo is a one-dimensional player who hasn't got a decent assist outside of crossing for years. Get the ball on the wing, check in and out, float it into the box. If he were in that formation on the right of a central midfield trio, he'd be adding work rate only, because aside from that I view him as being the paceless equivalent of N'Zogbia -  a selfish, head down player who runs into dead ends alot and doesn't know how to play a team game. He's just not a central midfielder for me, much like Gurthrie or Barton aren't wingers.

As for Villa, he's been poor everytime I've seen him play imo. Villa fans might say he's been class, £12m well spent, so on and so forth, and although I'd respect their opinions, I'd view it as being no different to the pro-Milner views we had whilst he was with us, floating endless crosses into no-mans land and wasting promising position after promising position. He's a hard working lad who'll chip in with the odd goal/assist and will constantly try to put crosses into the box, so there'll always be people who admire or rate that.

I honestly think one of the reasons why Villa haven't challenged, and won't be challenging, for 4th spot is because of signing Milner. They should have looked to add pace and dribbling (or technical ability and creativity) down the right to compliment Young down the left. As stated before, a two flanked attack is infinitely better than a one flanked attack with a workhorse on the other flank (unless the team has world class players spread throughout it). If the pacey winger on the one flank has an off day, or comes across a fullback on form who he can't get the better off, the service/penetration/creativity is not stiffled for the entire team if there's a pacey or creative winger on the other flank. So Villa could have improved the team greatly in this respect. Instead, they've added an average workhorse for big money on that side, a "trier" who on a good day might put in a decent cross or two, and as a result they haven't improved from the year before, despite the big outlay.