Who should compromise? KK or Ashley?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Darth Toon

KK wants rid of Wise, or at the very least his influence reining in

Ashely won't shift him.

No amount of compromising will get around that central point IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley and Wise have said numerous times KK has final say on who comes in.

They Lied

This is the massive obstacle that needs to be hurdled

I'd love Keegan back but I'm not sure I want him back with all control of transfers in and out. Not unless Ashley is prepared to bankroll his signings without putting us into big time debt. IMO, even if Keegan spends £50m we still won't win anything because we'll probably have a bunch of over-paid big time charlies who won't have the hunger to break into the top 4.

I'd love Keegan back but I'm not sure I want him back with all control of transfers in and out. Not unless Ashley is prepared to bankroll his signings without putting us into big time debt. IMO, even if Keegan spends £50m we still won't win anything because we'll probably have a bunch of over-paid big time charlies who won't have the hunger to break into the top 4.

I know what you mean, he did that last time he was here.

We really need an irony smiley don't we Mick :lol:

Last time Spurs, City, Villa and Chelsea weren't in a position to compete with his spending. To recreate the past we'll need to shoot their billionaire owners and hope their wives get all the cash.

Last time Spurs, City, Villa and Chelsea weren't in a position to compete with his spending. To recreate the past we'll need to shoot their billionaire owners and hope their wives get all the cash.

Apologies if I'm missing the point, but does that mean we shouldn't get anyone at all in?

Fuking sick it didn't work out.

Would like to see Ashley sell up and allow a real billionaire who's not afraid to push us forward take charge and reinstate KK.

But there's about 2% chance of that.

So i'd like to see Ashley back down, give KK more control, and KK to stop being a bottling bitch, and there's about a .000005% chance of that happening.

Overall the lot of them have fuked the club over, its probably time for a clearout of the lot, including the waste of space players like Duff, Smith, Viduka, Barton & contract ending Owen.

Apologies if I'm missing the point, but does that mean we shouldn't get anyone at all in?

Why would it mean that?

Why would it mean that?

Like I say I might have missed what you mean. 

It read that you don't want Keegan (in particular) spending loads of money because he won't attract the right players.

When Mick said he managed it last time, I read it that you thought its not worth it because all of those clubs are ahead of us anyway?

Why would it mean that?

Like I say I might have missed what you mean. 

It read that you don't want Keegan (in particular) spending loads of money because he won't attract the right players.

When Mick said he managed it last time, I read it that you thought its not worth it because all of those clubs are ahead of us anyway?

What I meant was there is tougher competition this time round. When Keegan broke into the top 4 last time, he was one of the biggest spenders, backed by SJH. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Everton didn't have as much cash to compete for the top 4 spot. This time even if Keegan gets £50m to spend there's no guarantee we will finish in Europe never mind top 4. So it stands to reason that any funds need to be spent wisely, unless there's a bottomless pit of money. I'm not convinced that's Keegan's strength.

But if there is a bottomless pit of money, I'd love it to be given to Keegan ahead of anyone else.

What I meant was there is tougher competition this time round. When Keegan broke into the top 4 last time, he was one of the biggest spenders, backed by SJH. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Everton didn't have as much cash to compete for the top 4 spot. This time even if Keegan gets £50m to spend there's no guarantee we will finish in Europe never mind top 4. So it stands to reason that any funds need to be spent wisely, unless there's a bottomless pit of money. I'm not convinced that's Keegan's strength.

But if there is a bottomless pit of money, I'd love it to be given to Keegan ahead of anyone else.

I thought that you were implying that Keegan would bring in "a bunch of over-paid big time charlies who won't have the hunger to break into the top 4."  He doesn't have a history of that while here, I would say that his transfer record while here is second to none as his only failures were the players who came in for next to nothing, I think most of them left for as much as they cost us.

If I’ve picked it up wrong then my mistake.