The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Martin Jol has Hamburg at the top of the Bundesliga at the moment too.

Despite losing Van der Vaart and Kompany.

How ironic.

I bet Martin Jol got the replacements he wanted.  The club has grown since he has been there.

Guest optimistic nit

i feel sorry for the semi-decent spurs posters such as kingdawson, but then again the rivalry between them and us has sparked recently, so its nice to see them struggle.

i feel sorry for the semi-decent spurs posters such as kingdawson, but then again the rivalry between them and us has sparked recently, so its nice to see them struggle.

Has MJ posted recently? Haven't seen him around for a while.

I think you'll find a canny bit of positive correlation between the success of THFC and the frequency of his posts tbh.  :rolleyes:

I think you'll find a canny bit of positive correlation between the success of THFC and the frequency of his posts tbh.  :rolleyes:

Maybe, but they've been shit for well over a year now, I'm sure he hasn't only been around in the two weeks following the carling cup win.... or has he?

Maybe, but they've been shit for well over a year now, I'm sure he hasn't only been around in the two weeks following the carling cup win.... or has he?

He was around in the summer when they were buying Dos Santos, Modric and Bentley too don't forget. ;) 

He was around in the summer when they were buying Dos Santos, Modric and Bentley too don't forget. ;) 

I'd imagine that he didn't have too much to say about them selling their two best players!

I'd imagine that he didn't have too much to say about them selling their two best players!

He did seem to mention Arshavin quite a lot too iirc.... ???

I actually think MJ's ok tbh. He just gets a bit carried away with the lies he hears and passes on as fact in total ignorance of what's actually happening. He'll be back once Spurs pull themselves together (which they will) by about November. :)

He's as annoying as fuck when talking about transfers, but he often has quite an interesting slant on actual football when you can get him talking about it. I like him around, most of the time :lol:

Personally I find him more than bearable outside of the transfer windows. He seems like a decent bloke and he's better craic than certain I could name tbh. :) 

Guest kingdawson

Spurs are just bad.

Everyone going gaga over their signings but here we are again. They are rock bottom of the league, except now they don't have Keane and Berbatov to bail them out. Should be interesting.

Modric is looking like a monumental bust. Still hasn't done anything since he has joined. He's the kind of player that would have gone to Arsenal and looked outstanding, but you surround him with the likes of Jenas and Zokora and he looks awful.

Ridiculous stuff.

you do realise that modric played 30 mins tonight?

Guest kingdawson

LOL @ Spurs mongs outside the ground at WHL.

That bird on Setanta has a nice shape to her.

come off it. It was like 5 people being interviewed after the match saying we were shite, which is spot on. Anyway well done.

Yep, and pretty much cost you the first goal by not following the runner, and looked sh*t in that time.

That was bale's fault.

Bale was made to make a decision, try and mark Barry, or stay with Reo-Coker, because Modric didn't follow Barry's run into the box. If he had, then Bale would have been able to stick with Reo-Coker and might have been able to prevent it.

think how much gloating we could do if we'd turned into a normal club for 2 weeks from august 31st :(

Kills me. Can't even really enjoy it the way I want to.

Get the fuck out. Woke up with a high fever and tried my hardest to get out of bed but couldn't, then I checked my phone and saw a text off a mate saying 'haha Spurs' and that was it, I could have ran a marathon after seeing that.

Spurs mackems.gif

think how much gloating we could do if we'd turned into a normal club for 2 weeks from august 31st :(

Get the fuck out. Woke up with a high fever and tried my hardest to get out of bed but couldn't, then I checked my phone and saw a text off a mate saying 'haha Spurs' and that was it, I could have ran a marathon after seeing that.

Spurs mackems.gif

it is pretty goddam funny man...pity we're eclipsing them in the calamity stakes right now

Spurs mackems.gif

I have to admit that schadenfreude of spurs is much more enjoyable than supporting NUFC nowadays :D

Great opening line from the Guardian report:

The routine is becoming familiar. Tottenham Hotspur are behind at half-time and they get booed. They remain behind at full-time and they get booed more lustily.

:lol:

it's what i love about the guardian, they'll take the piss out of any team