The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Vidic brings down Keane as last man, Keane through on goal. Vidic gets yellow because Ferdinand is 7 yards to the left and in line with Vidic/Keane.. Type of decision where you think if it was a Newcastle defender fouling someone like that and not ManU, it would've been a red card.

Vidic brings down Keane as last man, Keane through on goal. Vidic gets yellow because Ferdinand is 7 yards to the left and in line with Vidic/Keane.. Type of decision where you think if it was a Newcastle defender fouling someone like that and not ManU, it would've been a red card.

Blatant red if it was Stevie Taylor like..

Blatant red if it was Stevie Taylor like..

Exactly what I was thinking.

Guest sittingontheball

FT. Not many real chances in the game, but Liverpool easily deserved it. They out-competed Manure, so Fergie must be livid. Super cockup by Van Der Saar into the bargain.

Guest timmy boy

Kuyt must be the most frustrating player ever to have in your team, works so hard but has nothing in terms of creativeness and end product.

Imagine a 100 meter race between him and Milner !

Kuyt must be the most frustrating player ever to have in your team, works so hard but has nothing in terms of creativeness and end product.

I thought he was pretty good today mind.

In effort and endevour yes, but he has nothing besides playing the most simple ball available to him at the time.

I thought that turned out to be a surprisingly good game, Liverpool looked really on form there even without Babel, Gerrard, and Torres in the starting XI.  Alonso and Mascherano can really boss a midfield though, I'm not even sure Liverpool's best team would have Kuyt or Keane starting.  I'd try something like this:

-------------Torres

------Riera-Gerrard-Babel

--------Alonso-Mascherano