The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

ireland and hart are both very good players, and hammann used to be and still is pretty good. is ball the same player who should have retired about 5 years before he left everton, or is it a different one?

the city defending is atrocious, chelsea's attacking equally bad, everytime i see malouda i want to punch him in the face.

Eh? What are you on about?

It's the same Michael Ball that played for Everton yeah... but he was absolutely class for us and left when he was in his early 20's. He's not even 30 now. Just had some really bad injuries which have taken their toll.

Guest optimistic nit

ireland and hart are both very good players, and hammann used to be and still is pretty good. is ball the same player who should have retired about 5 years before he left everton, or is it a different one?

the city defending is atrocious, chelsea's attacking equally bad, everytime i see malouda i want to punch him in the face.

Eh? What are you on about?

It's the same Michael Ball that played for Everton yeah... but he was absolutely class for us and left when he was in his early 20's. He's not even 30 now. Just had some really bad injuries which have taken their toll.

aye i know. i looked him up at wiki and he's only 28. for some reason i thought he was over 40 :lol: .

Guest quklaani

Not much to say really, we were easily containing them until Van Der Sar decided to just give them a goal.  That could well be it for him, its the worst thing Ive seen a United keeper do since Taibi (even Carrol against Spurs wasnt as bad) and Ferguson has a habit of giving up on keepers when they drop bollocks of such scale.  We were screwed the moment Carrick left the pitch, even then we'd have easily got a draw with their hilariously toothless attack but for Giggs monging out.  Too early to feel that terrible about the result, but it'll look an awful one if we lose at the bridge.

Guest optimistic nit

Not much to say really, we were easily containing them until Van Der Sar decided to just give them a goal.  That could well be it for him, its the worst thing Ive seen a United keeper do since Taibi (even Carrol against Spurs wasnt as bad) and Ferguson has a habit of giving up on keepers when they drop bollocks of such scale.  We were screwed the moment Carrick left the pitch, even then we'd have easily got a draw with their hilariously toothless attack but for Giggs monging out.  Too early to feel that terrible about the result, but it'll look an awful one if we lose at the bridge.

what happened for that goal? i only got a glance of a replay at that goal. it looked like it touched about 4 manure players after the last liverpool player? comical stuff.

Guest quklaani

Someone (Ive no desire to watch a replay)  hit a shot which hit Vidic, and bounced into the box.  Brown had it covered and Van Der Sar decided to come flying out and punch it from 2 feet above the groud, making me wonder what exactly he hoped would happen.  he wouldnt have put it very far...Anyway, his utterly spastic flap slammed the ball into Wes's knee and it rolled (a journalist would say "agonisingly") in.  Liverpool are an outrageously scabby team, they've not deserve one of their results yet this season.

Someone (Ive no desire to watch a replay)  hit a shot which hit Vidic, and bounced into the box.  Brown had it covered and Van Der Sar decided to come flying out and punch it from 2 feet above the groud, making me wonder what exactly he hoped would happen.  he wouldnt have put it very far...Anyway, his utterly spastic flap slammed the ball into Wes's knee and it rolled (a journalist would say "agonisingly") in.  Liverpool are an outrageously scabby team, they've not deserve one of their results yet this season.

They played you off the park mate.

Guest quklaani

Balls did they, they dominated the second half once Carrick went, but as ever were utterly toothless until Giggs gifted them the winner.    How can you argue that a team that was clearly second best until the opposing keeper did the equivalent of throwing the ball into his net weren't lucky?

Balls did they, they dominated the second half once Carrick went, but as ever were utterly toothless until Giggs gifted them the winner.    How can you argue that a team that was clearly second best until the opposing keeper did the equivalent of throwing the ball into his net weren't lucky?

You're not seriously implying that Liverpool are a jammy club, are you? Nah, couldn't be.

I never said they weren't lucky but on the whole they were by far the better team and got their just rewards. If anything it serves you right for having such a dodgy keeper in goal in the first place.

Guest quklaani

He's usually pretty damned good, he was actually much better last season than the one before, but hes not got long now.  If Foster was fit last season I think he might have displaced him already.  Anyway, with regards to the game, my point is that they weren't in the game at all (another VDS mistake aside) until the equaliser, if they hadn't been given it I believe we'd have gone on to win.  It was very similar to the champions league final actually, we completely bossed the game, could have been winning by more, and then have some outrageously bad luck (well, not really bad luck this time) and suddenly turn completely clueless.  Its a worry that we seem unsure what to do when teams equalise.

Guest quklaani

Probably against "impartiality" rules or something, although hey, they're showing yours.  Against my usual rules, I've just watched MOTD when we lost, and that Van Der Sar horror is actually worse than when Dudek had a howler against us years ago.  In other news, Mike Phelan in a suit is utterly bizarre.

Guest optimistic nit

I want us to have an Arab owner, City fans must be absolutely loving life with their club atm.

i'm really resisting the urge to tell you to fuck off ;)