The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Guest Jawesome

Speaking of "tap in" men, did any see Merson today saying Arsenal should have signed Robbie Fowler to play against the non-top 4 teams in the league because they dominate and make so many chances all they need is someone to be able to finish.

Listning to merson just about every week, its easy to see how he lost so much money gambling. For an exproffesional he seems to not know much about football.

You're right. If he thinks Arsenal dominated today then that's another example even before his ridiculous Fowler suggestion. Maybe they should sign Gerd Muller as well. :lol: I do find Merson quite funny though, at least he's got a personality.

Proper pissed off today mind. We were the  better team in the first half and deserved to go in 1-0 up. Then Moyes sends them out to defend in the second half even though defending has been our weakpoint all season. Total f***ing idiot. He cost us the game single handedly today.

Apparently it kicked off in a big way at the Emirates as well.

Truth is, they scored more than you.  They deserved to win for that reason alone.

Speaking of "tap in" men, did any see Merson today saying Arsenal should have signed Robbie Fowler to play against the non-top 4 teams in the league because they dominate and make so many chances all they need is someone to be able to finish.

Listning to merson just about every week, its easy to see how he lost so much money gambling. For an exproffesional he seems to not know much about football.

You're right. If he thinks Arsenal dominated today then that's another example even before his ridiculous Fowler suggestion. Maybe they should sign Gerd Muller as well. :lol: I do find Merson quite funny though, at least he's got a personality.

Proper pissed off today mind. We were the  better team in the first half and deserved to go in 1-0 up. Then Moyes sends them out to defend in the second half even though defending has been our weakpoint all season. Total f***ing idiot. He cost us the game single handedly today.

Apparently it kicked off in a big way at the Emirates as well.

Truth is, they scored more than you.  They deserved to win for that reason alone.

I know they deserved to win. Like I said, it was because of Moyes/the second half.

4pm today sees Stoke and Tottenham battle it out for the right to sit in 18th place, I think a draw would leave things as they are.

says it all about our plight atm that this is the game i'm relying on to give me my weekly dose of football joy

My favourite line of commentary was about Chelsea and the players they had out. It went something like "Chelsea are like a man who has his Ferrari in for a service so he just drives his Alfa Romeo instead. It's smooth and reliable".

Alfa Romeo are famous for not being reliable. A better analogy for Chelsea would be swapping a Ferrari for an Aston Martin or Lamborghini with their squad.

My favourite line of commentary was about Chelsea and the players they had out. It went something like "Chelsea are like a man who has his Ferrari in for a service so he just drives his Alfa Romeo instead. It's smooth and reliable".

Alfa Romeo are famous for not being reliable. A better analogy for Chelsea would be swapping a Ferrari for an Aston Martin or Lamborghini with their squad.

Nor are they expensive.

Expect fast flowing football in the Sheffield derby today...Speed in direct opposition with Stevie Watson in the centre of the park. :lol:

Loads of ex-Everton in this game: Speed, Watson, Naysmith, Beattie and Jeffers.  :cheesy:

Should be a decent match. There's another derby this afternoon too- Hibs vs Hearts.

Never a red card. Refs are getting worse.

I think it's the laws rather than the referees. Technically, the players' studs were (very) high, was dangerous, so to the letter of the law, probably could have been given as a red-card. A bit of common sense wouldn't have gone a miss though.

And what a goal by Steve Watson!

4pm today sees Stoke and Tottenham battle it out for the right to sit in 18th place, I think a draw would leave things as they are.

says it all about our plight atm that this is the game i'm relying on to give me my weekly dose of football joy

:snod:

Not really, Newcastle aren't playing this week :lol:  But seriously, I know what you mean I'm looking forward to this game as well, but I'm still looking forward to the Man City game more.

Johnson goes in a huff after being brought off and kicks a water bottle into the crowd.

also, has anything more been said about tye coin-throwing incident at Villa Park?

EDIT: Johnson receives a 2nd yellow and is sent off. :lol:

Guest timmy boy

Johnson goes in a huff after being brought off and kicks a water bottle into the crowd.

also, has anything more been said about tye coin-throwing incident at Villa Park?

EDIT: Johnson receives a 2nd yellow and is sent off. :lol:

Second yellow and sent off !

A player sent off and they still have 11 men on the pitch!

It's weird that, they've not actually been punished (apart from the suspension of course).

Fucking stupid thing to do like, he made cracking contact with the bottle.