Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The hiring of Keegan and subsequent hiring of Shearer were cynical moves on the part of Ashley and co. to buy the support of the fans on the cheap. The whole DOF scheme was just another PR fraud.

Let's have some stability.... a new owner, win promotion and then we can start to dreaming big again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Whether Keegan won £2m or £200m today, it'd be a big mistake to bring him back.

One thing that this whole farce has taught us is that we need to move forward and stop living in the past.

:thup:

So true

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Whether Keegan won £2m or £200m today, it'd be a big mistake to bring him back.

One thing that this whole farce has taught us is that we need to move forward and stop living in the past.

:thup:

So true

I agree, it's time to move on and reappoint Keegan.

People who say we should move on are talking like there are loads of alternatives who will provide proven success. Keegan's the most proven manager other than the real top notch appointments like Wenger or Ferguson, that's the most frustrating thing about his being forced out in the first place.

People who say we should move on are talking like there are loads of alternatives who will provide proven success. Keegan's the most proven manager other than the real top notch appointments like Wenger or Ferguson, that's the most frustrating thing about his being forced out in the first place.

Same here.

I'd have him back, no doubt - for the good of the club.

Same here.

:facepalm:

its so true, man u have fergie, arsenal venger, forest had cloughie, liverpool Paisley( among others)  Keegan was our defining manager, and as a shambolically ran football club, we let it slip away.

if he is objectively the best candidate then wouldn't it be daft to not take him back due to 'baggage'? i'd have him here in a flash, not due to hero worship or cos he is KK, but because he is a good manager and i doubt there's many better to be had. On the other hand, i'm not sure about that 'other' newcastle idol, shearer, because he is simply not proven as a manager.

Same here.

It's simple for me, I like watching good, entertaining football with some wins chucked in playing the right way. If we don't win things big deal. We've not exactly loaded the trophy cupboards in his absence.

Would Shearer and Keegan work at all?

Just hypothetical of course, I'm not saying this would be a good idea.

i like it, but it would be keegan 1 , shearer no2.. with the understanding that shearer gets the no1 job after keegan. 

Guest johnson293

Would Shearer and Keegan work at all?

Just hypothetical of course, I'm not saying this would be a good idea.

Did Shearer not turn down that opportunity when offered by KK, when he first came back?

Shearer won't work as an assistant to anyone, not now.

Imagine it did happen though, the press would have a field day.  :lol:  Sky News:  'Unfortunately we our going to have to leave the story on Gordon Brown quitting and go over to David Craig... :iamatwat:'

if he is objectively the best candidate then wouldn't it be daft to not take him back due to 'baggage'? i'd have him here in a flash, not due to hero worship or cos he is KK, but because he is a good manager and i doubt there's many better to be had. On the other hand, i'm not sure about that 'other' newcastle idol, shearer, because he is simply not proven as a manager.

Don't want to knock Shearer but Keegan's a proven man manager and Alan's still an unknown quantity. As far as I'm aware Keegan would love to work again under new owners and players will walk through a brick wall for him.

Same here.

Its not daft, its not crazy, its actually common sense imo.

This is totally right imo.