Shepherd Legacy

macbeth

I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

Fucking hell  mackems.gif

just done it, twice, unless you want to disagree.........

Do you want me to hold your schoolbag so you can have a fight with him?

haha Liam lad..........its a crying shame that adults like him just can't find the balls to admit they have been hopelessly and embarassingly wrong. I just feel sorry for him to be honest, disagreeing with factual information like a bairn.

It's also pretty sad too that people like you can't see it either like, but what the hell eh

Like a bairn  ;D

Can you genuinely not see it?  mackems.gif

too easy, its just too easy.

I actually gave up on a sensible discussion with him ages ago.........

I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

haha Liam lad..........its a crying shame that adults like him just can't find the balls to admit they have been hopelessly and embarassingly wrong. I just feel sorry for him to be honest, disagreeing with factual information like a bairn.

It's also pretty sad too that people like you can't see it either like, but what the hell eh

Like a bairn  ;D

We can see that.

Like a bairn  ;D

Years ago.  Explains a lot :)

haha.......you won't say anything that even remotedly gives Shepherd credit for anything.....so much so, you even make out the club was as badly  managed as under Westwood, mcKeag etc

League positions speak for themselves. What a shame 3 local lads all left the club because they saw a better future elsewhere.

You tell me when that happened under the Halls and Shepherd. Beardsley left the club, and came back under the Halls and Shepherd. You "disagree" with facts like this, you're so dumb  mackems.gif

I see you don't try and prove me wrong ref the comments about Lee, Dinnis, Nattrass, the 1977 strike etc etc.......what else do you want me to correct you with ?

I've given credit to Shepherd for what he did well and I have no problem doing that but I see where he went wrong, unlike you who seem to try and gloss over it.

As for Dinnis and the others, I've replied to it, I understand that you don't think the players were after more money even though I've supplied a link which supports what I said.

they threatened to go on strike because Lee going to Everton unsettled them and they were unhappy with the club. Not because of money. In the summer, some of them no doubt renewed contracts, but that is normal. Just like Owen has hasn't renewed his contract.

I've never said Shepherd didn't make mistakes. But the last 15 years has been the best of the last 50. Correct or not ?

And - having supported the club during a period where they were happy to go nowhere and do nothing - despite you denying that years of doing nothing and going nowhere was the result of it - you should have been capable of seeing the current regime as heading in the same direction. Which says everything about your lack of judgement and perception, but I understand you were blinded by personal hatred of the old regime for calling you nasty names and "embarrassing " you.

Anyway, thats my piece again. One day you may learn something, your judgement may improve, but you probably have a fair bit to go yet.

haha.......you won't say anything that even remotedly gives Shepherd credit for anything.....so much so, you even make out the club was as badly  managed as under Westwood, mcKeag etc

League positions speak for themselves. What a shame 3 local lads all left the club because they saw a better future elsewhere.

You tell me when that happened under the Halls and Shepherd. Beardsley left the club, and came back under the Halls and Shepherd. You "disagree" with facts like this, you're so dumb  mackems.gif

I see you don't try and prove me wrong ref the comments about Lee, Dinnis, Nattrass, the 1977 strike etc etc.......what else do you want me to correct you with ?

I've given credit to Shepherd for what he did well and I have no problem doing that but I see where he went wrong, unlike you who seem to try and gloss over it.

As for Dinnis and the others, I've replied to it, I understand that you don't think the players were after more money even though I've supplied a link which supports what I said.

they threatened to go on strike because Lee going to Everton unsettled them and they were unhappy with the club. Not because of money. In the summer, some of them no doubt renewed contracts, but that is normal. Just like Owen has hasn't renewed his contract.

I've never said Shepherd didn't make mistakes. But the last 15 years has been the best of the last 50. Correct or not ?

And - having supported the club during a period where they were happy to go nowhere and do nothing - despite you denying that years of doing nothing and going nowhere was the result of it - you should have been capable of seeing the current regime as heading in the same direction. Which says everything about your lack of judgement and perception, but I understand you were blinded by personal hatred of the old regime for calling you nasty names and "embarrassing " you.

Anyway, thats my piece again. One day you may learn something, your judgement may improve, but you probably have a fair bit to go yet.

probably correct,unfortunatly we were headed back that way

not necessarily, but we certainly are now. Fast.

Point is, the last 15 years, raised expectations and the stadium, is the legacy.

Relegation may well be Ashleys, but not the Halls and Shepherd.

As you seem to have missed the link I'll add it again http://www.toonarama.co.uk/managers/dinnisfall.html

At least you are keeping it to one thread now.

The last 15 years were the best in the last 50, that's never been doubted as far as I know so I don't know why you have to bring that up.  Who gets the credit for that is debatable.

The years before Sir John took over were poor, I don't think anybody has ever doubted that so why do you feel the need to keep repeating something which isn't doubted by anybody?

The current regime actually improved our position from the season before last and would have done the same again if Keegan han't put himself before the 50,000 he claims to care about, the resignation of Keegan has wrecked this season

Point is, the last 15 years, raised expectations and the stadium, is the legacy.

You're right about some of those 15 years as having raised expectations and Shepherd should be given some credit for stadium.  As for the possibility of relegation, we've been here a few times recently although this is the first time that Keegan has played a part in it.

thats part of where we differ as i see that where we are now,and yes  i do think that ashley deserves a large ammount of blame,is a continuation of the process set in motion with the appointment of souness.

As you seem to have missed the link I'll add it again http://www.toonarama.co.uk/managers/dinnisfall.html

At least you are keeping it to one thread now.

The last 15 years were the best in the last 50, that's never been doubted as far as I know so I don't know why you have to bring that up.  Who gets the credit for that is debatable.

The years before Sir John took over were poor, I don't think anybody has ever doubted that so why do you feel the need to keep repeating something which isn't doubted by anybody?

The current regime actually improved our position from the season before last and would have done the same again if Keegan han't put himself before the 50,000 he claims to care about, the resignation of Keegan has wrecked this season

you clearly don't read that or understand it. Maybe its because you weren't there at the time.

I said "they threatened to go on strike because Lee going to Everton unsettled them and they were unhappy with the club. Not because of money. In the summer, some of them no doubt renewed contracts, but that is normal. Just like Owen has hasn't renewed his contract." Lee went to Everton in January. His last game in charge, when he broke the news to the players that he was going, was at home to Man City on January 29th to be precise. The crowd were chanting for him to stay. Don't bother disputing this like I think you did once before, its now quite clear that you were not there, or you would have been perfectly aware of all this. The players threatened to go on strike almost immediately after Lee left. Anyone supporting the club at the time would know this.

Nowhere in that link does it say anything about the threatened strike by the players. I'm telling you why they were going to go on strike.

The contract negotiations took place in the summer, exactly as I told you. This should also tell you what happens at a club that don't behave like a big club when they have good players and don't look after them. Another pointer to the Ashley regime that you either ignored when it was pointed out to you or chose to disregard it.

Time for you to hibernate with your tail between your legs I think.

Night.

So, let me think... who was it again that sold the club to Ashley?

Who'd run up such ridiculous debt levels that they flogged the club in a desperate hurry in case the new owner spotted what he was getting into?

It's on the tip of my tongue...

you clearly don't read that or understand it. Maybe its because you weren't there at the time.

I said "they threatened to go on strike because Lee going to Everton unsettled them and they were unhappy with the club. Not because of money. In the summer, some of them no doubt renewed contracts, but that is normal. Just like Owen has hasn't renewed his contract." Lee went to Everton in January. His last game in charge, when he broke the news to the players that he was going, was at home to Man City on January 29th to be precise. The crowd were chanting for him to stay. Don't bother disputing this like I think you did once before, its now quite clear that you were not there, or you would have been perfectly aware of all this. The players threatened to go on strike almost immediately after Lee left. Anyone supporting the club at the time would know this.

Nowhere in that link does it say anything about the threatened strike by the players. I'm telling you why they were going to go on strike.

The contract negotiations took place in the summer, exactly as I told you. This should also tell you what happens at a club that don't behave like a big club when they have good players and don't look after them. Another pointer to the Ashley regime that you either ignored when it was pointed out to you or chose to disregard it.

Night.

I don't remember the players threatening to go on strike because of Lee leaving, what would have been the point if he was then managing another club?  :lol: I can't remember the fans ever singing Gordon we love you which you've claimed before.

So, let me think... who was it again that sold the club to Ashley?

Who'd run up such ridiculous debt levels that they flogged the club in a desperate hurry in case the new owner spotted what he was getting into?

It's on the tip of my tongue...

It was some of us, go on, spit it out.  :lol:

Guest elbee909

The land flora changed considerably during the Cretaceous. At the beginning of the period it was dominated by conifers, ferns, and cycads but during the Early Cretaceous the first flowering plants (angiosperms) appeared and underwent a major radiation to become the dominant group.

And were you there?  I bet you weren't you fucking dumb idiots.  What do you know about anything?

The land flora changed considerably during the Cretaceous. At the beginning of the period it was dominated by conifers, ferns, and cycads but during the Early Cretaceous the first flowering plants (angiosperms) appeared and underwent a major radiation to become the dominant group.

And were you there?  I bet you weren't you f***ing dumb idiots.  What do you know about anything?

You've just reminded me that I've got some photographs on my camera that I haven't downloaded.

no one can take away the stadium achievement away from Shepherd. The sunlun fans have the same problem, they will forever have to recognise how special  Bob Murray was in taking them from a ramshackle Roker Park to a great modern stadium.

Night.

I don't remember the players threatening to go on strike because of Lee leaving, what would have been the point if he was then managing another club?  :lol: I can't remember the fans ever singing Gordon we love you which you've claimed before.

I'm sure you don't, but people who supported the club at the time will.

Pathetic.

Night.

Pathetic.

i was there at that time but too young to remember. however my dad and his mates in the club certainly remember lee's name being chanted after he left but not quite in the way NE5 remembers if you get my drift.

Night.

Pathetic.

i was there at that time but too young to remember. however my dad and his mates in the club certainly remember lee's name being chanted after he left but not quite in the way NE5 remembers if you get my drift.

Like mick, you should learn to read, I said before he left ie when it was known to be his last game. I bet your dad and his mates were quite happy to finish 5th in the league and go to the League Cup final in 1976. I also bet they were quite happy to see Everton spend a few years in the top 3 and 4 positions, signing players who turned down Newcastle, while were were relegated.

Also........mick should look at the season previous to the link he has provided himself, to prove that he is talking utter shite and confirms again that he doesn't appear to have been supporting the club at this time.

So, as I said, time to slope away with his tail between his legs........ mackems.gif

Night.

I don't remember the players threatening to go on strike because of Lee leaving , what would have been the point if he was then managing another club?  :lol: I can't remember the fans ever singing Gordon we love you which you've claimed before .

see the season before the link you provided.  mackems.gif re the strike, and also this

http://www.toonarama.co.uk/seasons/1970s/1976-77/1976-77_diary_jan.html

mackems.gif mackems.gif