Shepherd Legacy

macbeth

To tell the truth, I don't think it would be the worst idea if whoever comes in names Shepherd as Chairman. He knows the club, knows the game, and would have a budget to work with, so wouldn't be able to put the club at risk by overspending or whatever.

:idiot2:

To tell the truth, I don't think it would be the worst idea if whoever comes in names Shepherd as Chairman. He knows the club, knows the game, and would have a budget to work with, so wouldn't be able to put the club at risk by overspending or whatever.

Interesting thought.

Interesting thought.

I'd be amazed if Keegan agreed to work with Shepherd. Absolutely gobsmacked in fact.

Interesting thought.

I'd be amazed if Keegan agreed to work with Shepherd. Absolutely gobsmacked in fact.

Given the absurdity of the last month, nothing would surprise me now.

Interesting thought.

Given the absurdity of the last month, nothing would surprise me now.

I realise you are saying that only half seriously, but given Keegan's stance on holding up his principles it would be a hell of a turnaround.

once again i'm kinda drunk dialling but if we're being technical isn't the "shepherd legacy" what we're experiencing now?

i add the question mark for effect 'cause the answer is indisputable

'

indisputably daft ?

once again i'm kinda drunk dialling but if we're being technical isn't the "shepherd legacy" what we're experiencing now?

i add the question mark for effect 'cause the answer is indisputable

'

indisputably daft ?

Fuck the match thread eh? :lol:

what about it ?

So has it been established yet that as a Chairman with affinity for the club, Shepehrd put his own money into Newcastle? I know SJH claimed he did with certain guarantees built in, and obviously Ashley has done similarly. Did Shepherd ever put up collateral or did he just spend other people's money?

Genuine question.

So has it been established yet that as a Chairman with affinity for the club, Shepehrd put his own money into Newcastle? I know SJH claimed he did with certain guarantees built in, and obviously Ashley has done similarly. Did Shepherd ever put up collateral or did he just spend other people's money?

Genuine question.

as far as i'm aware he put money in ,technically,by buying shares and the only thing shepherd risked was is shares.

as for hall he did similar and i'm fairly sure he is on record somewhere as saying the only money that came from them outside of share capital was all of or part of the £250,000 for kilcline and even that was technically put up by lady hall.

For a PLC it would be very unusual for any shareholder to actually spend their own money though wouldn't it? I'm not business savvy, but surely a PLC would have to spend its revenue and raise finance through loans etc? Probably the reason for our debt situation.