Shepherd Legacy

macbeth

I'm not really very pleased that you too have got what you wished for, heading downwards like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, and all because the club has stopped investing in players and backing their managers. We will see what the resultant failure on the pitch and supporter apathy does to the balance books.

When will these mad fools learn to wish for good things?  If only we invested in players in the way Leeds did, that would guarantee us safety.

Do you want to point out to him that we just broke our transfer record for a defender?

no big deal. Keegan did it twice the last time, and Bobby Robson did it too. Didn't stop the club from buying other players though, and they didn't make the manager sell to buy to do it.

What a load of stupid drivel. We sold several players in order to pay for Shearer. SBR spent a couple of seasons balancing the books before having much cash to splash, and was "backed" with less money than Shepherd's crapper appointments.

Facts, chum.

Darren Peacock, theen other players. You're not saying Keegan didn't spend big money are you  mackems.gif But you have a selective memory anyway, you keep saying that a manager who had won titles with 2 different clubs and was a match for Alex Ferguson was a poor manager ..  bluelaugh.gif

Then Warren Barton, followed up with Ginola, Hislop and Ferdinand.

Hope you've been sending your usual emails to the cockney press dishing the dirt on the club you say you support lately, except that this time you have serious ammunition.

Strange that you have a go at ozzie for dishing the dirt to the cockney press yet lick Frank Gilmour's arse.

oh dear. Childish comment from Baggy alert.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of Frank Gilmour sending voluntary emails to cockney journalists he's never met. Have you ?

If Ozzie is so bothered by events at the club, and he sent such tripe to cockney journalists, lets see him do it again or else its a proven case that the cretin is only doing it for personal agenda.

But I think we all know this is the case, its as obvious as a DOF system is crap and needs a yes man as a manager, and its as obvious as the early indications that Mike Ashley was never going to run Newcastle United competing with the other top clubs like it should.

So once again Matthew lad, you are talking complete bollocks, its just a shame that like mick you haven't got the balls to admit it.

NE5 trying to point score?! Well i never. :lol:

Any idea when Taylor is going to become England captain btw? Or Alan Smith show us why you thought he was the best replacement for Shearer?

Is that what you wished for?

haha, Matthew lad, I can admit that the Alan Smith that Alex Ferguson also rated has been a big disappointment. He had an injury, and hasn't been the same. This happens a lot. His purchase was also sanctioned by Chris Mort and Mike Ashley, who's arses you no doubt lick because they have implemented your treasured DOF system on the club which is going to relegate it.

Isn't this what YOU wished for ?

You're just like mick son. YOu know nowt, and never will.

I see Taylor is keeping Cacapa out of the central defensive position by the way, the same Cacapa who you insisted was a good signing......

Alex Ferguson also signed David Bellion from Sunderland, means fuck all.

The fact is most people on here knew Smith was shit but we were accused of having a problem with him, well we did have a problem with him, the problem being he was complete fucking wank and we've all been proven right, similar to how I told you Taylor was average but you wouldn't have it, future England captain you said. :lol:

Then again I still haven't forgotten that you wanted to swap Laurent Robert for James fucking Beattie so we all know where you're at when it comes to judging players, nice one Stevie. mackems.gif

Night. :-*

I'm not really very pleased that you too have got what you wished for, heading downwards like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, and all because the club has stopped investing in players and backing their managers. We will see what the resultant failure on the pitch and supporter apathy does to the balance books.

When will these mad fools learn to wish for good things?  If only we invested in players in the way Leeds did, that would guarantee us safety.

Do you want to point out to him that we just broke our transfer record for a defender?

no big deal. Keegan did it twice the last time, and Bobby Robson did it too. Didn't stop the club from buying other players though, and they didn't make the manager sell to buy to do it.

What a load of stupid drivel. We sold several players in order to pay for Shearer. SBR spent a couple of seasons balancing the books before having much cash to splash, and was "backed" with less money than Shepherd's crapper appointments.

Facts, chum.

Darren Peacock, theen other players. You're not saying Keegan didn't spend big money are you  mackems.gif But you have a selective memory anyway, you keep saying that a manager who had won titles with 2 different clubs and was a match for Alex Ferguson was a poor manager ..  bluelaugh.gif

Then Warren Barton, followed up with Ginola, Hislop and Ferdinand.

Hope you've been sending your usual emails to the cockney press dishing the dirt on the club you say you support lately, except that this time you have serious ammunition.

Strange that you have a go at ozzie for dishing the dirt to the cockney press yet lick Frank Gilmour's arse.

oh dear. Childish comment from Baggy alert.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of Frank Gilmour sending voluntary emails to cockney journalists he's never met. Have you ?

If Ozzie is so bothered by events at the club, and he sent such tripe to cockney journalists, lets see him do it again or else its a proven case that the cretin is only doing it for personal agenda.

But I think we all know this is the case, its as obvious as a DOF system is crap and needs a yes man as a manager, and its as obvious as the early indications that Mike Ashley was never going to run Newcastle United competing with the other top clubs like it should.

So once again Matthew lad, you are talking complete bollocks, its just a shame that like mick you haven't got the balls to admit it.

NE5 trying to point score?! Well i never. :lol:

Any idea when Taylor is going to become England captain btw? Or Alan Smith show us why you thought he was the best replacement for Shearer?

Is that what you wished for?

haha, Matthew lad, I can admit that the Alan Smith that Alex Ferguson also rated has been a big disappointment. He had an injury, and hasn't been the same. This happens a lot. His purchase was also sanctioned by Chris Mort and Mike Ashley, who's arses you no doubt lick because they have implemented your treasured DOF system on the club which is going to relegate it.

Isn't this what YOU wished for ?

You're just like mick son. YOu know nowt, and never will.

I see Taylor is keeping Cacapa out of the central defensive position by the way, the same Cacapa who you insisted was a good signing......

Alex Ferguson also signed David Bellion from Sunderland, means fuck all.

The fact is most people on here knew Smith was shit but we were accused of having a problem with him, well we did have a problem with him, the problem being he was complete fucking wank and we've all been proven right, similar to how I told you Taylor was average but you wouldn't have it, future England captain you said. :lol:

Then again I still haven't forgotten that you wanted to swap Laurent Robert for James fucking Beattie so we all know where you're at when it comes to judging players, nice one Stevie. mackems.gif

Night. :-*

thanks for answering what I asked you, as I did, like adults ought to do Matthew lad.

Your swearing suggests you're chucking your toys out of the pram again because you're rattled again too Matthew, the same thing that you criticise Keegan for.

Night.

Finally, I know I'm being a cheapskate, but if anyone has the 2005 accounts could you post the deferred income figure for me please - reason being the accounting period changed in 2006, if the deferred income was higher in 2005 it will prove the timing of season ticket receipts for me, I'm interested!.

Group Deferred income, not including capital grants, which were £3m a year on top

2002 28,552k

2003  £28,459k

2004 £30,310k

2005 £29.269k

2006 £24,554k current and 8543k non-current

2007 £19,544k current and 6006k non-current

I don't have soft copy, only the published accounts

cheers bud

Would both sides of the argument accept that there's no right or wrong when it comes to this argument? I think this also applies to the Shepherd vs. Ashley argument as well, whereby 2 men in charge of the club at different times displayed some positives to benefit the club as well as certain levels of ineptitude which have damaged it.

It's all grey areas, and we can debate till we're all blue in the face. Would be nice to leave out the personal sniping if so.

terrifying ?

Do you think the clubs current predicament is also terrifying ? How terrifying ?

I can understand that people like you, used to supporting a club trying to be progressive and competing at the top end, are terrified.

But me ? You think I'm terrified ?

I'm not half so terrified [what a grand attention seeking word] as when the club couldn't find a buyer for 2.5m quid, and had one foot in the 3rd division.

I'm also a lot more "terrified" at the clubs current predicament in comparison to when the club  disgracefully had to resort to qualify for europe via the intertoto, and also sufferered the utter humiliation of being booed for only finishing 5th in the premiership.

Of course, you witness tonights attendance and apathy, and the lowest crowd for any league or cup game since, eer.. before the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, and also.....eeer........took it forward from a situation whereby the crowd and apathy of tonight was pretty much the normal and occured every Saturday afternoon league game for years, in fact decades apart from the odd blip where the club actually achieved a mid table position in the old 1st division, which is now the premiership for the younger lads.

Also of course, people like mick [and he said this ] have said that tonights crowd and general apathy, which was the norm for years and years, is "the same as" that of the last 15 years.

You couldnt' make it up. The surprising thing is that people like you actually believe this to be true. Instead of listening to people who were there.

There has been a lot more "terrifying" events at this club than this son ........ believe me.

The bit in bold, liar.

What I have said is that when our crowds were low they were still some of the best in the Country.

2nd request. As insisting people give adult responses to perfectly reasonable questions seems to be the order of the day. Hope you aren't avoiding this now ....

"so how come we spent years in the 2nd division, selling our best players, and getting absolutely nowhere ?"

terrifying ?

Do you think the clubs current predicament is also terrifying ? How terrifying ?

I can understand that people like you, used to supporting a club trying to be progressive and competing at the top end, are terrified.

I'm not half so terrified [what a grand attention seeking word] as when the club couldn't find a buyer for 2.5m quid, and had one foot in the 3rd division.

I'm also a lot more "terrified" at the clubs current predicament in comparison to when the club  disgracefully had to resort to qualify for europe via the intertoto, and also sufferered the utter humiliation of being booed for only finishing 5th in the premiership.

Of course, you witness tonights attendance and apathy, and the lowest crowd for any league or cup game since, eer.. before the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, and also.....eeer........took it forward from a situation whereby the crowd and apathy of tonight was pretty much the normal and occured every Saturday afternoon league game for years, in fact decades apart from the odd blip where the club actually achieved a mid table position in the old 1st division, which is now the premiership for the younger lads.

Also of course, people like mick [and he said this ] have said that tonights crowd and general apathy, which was the norm for years and years, is "the same as" that of the last 15 years.

You couldnt' make it up. The surprising thing is that people like you actually believe this to be true. Instead of listening to people who were there.

There has been a lot more "terrifying" events at this club than this son ........ believe me.

The bit in bold, liar.

What I have said is that when our crowds were low they were still some of the best in the Country.

2nd request. As insisting people give adult responses to perfectly reasonable questions seems to be the order of the day. Hope you aren't avoiding this now ....

"so how come we spent years in the 2nd division, selling our best players, and getting absolutely nowhere ?"

i know it wasn't addressed to me but my answer is that we had a board that was too conservative (not politically though it probably was).

then i'd ask "so how come we went from 3rd in the prem and getting to the second group stage of the champs lge in a good financial position to build to 13th in the prem,with masses of debt ?"

terrifying ?

The bit in bold, liar.

i know it wasn't addressed to me but my answer is that we had a board that was too conservative (not politically though it probably was).

then i'd ask "so how come we went from 3rd in the prem and getting to the second group stage of the champs lge in a good financial position to build to 13th in the prem,with masses of debt ?"

because they backed their appointment ? And he made a mess of it.

Not your choice, but theirs

Totally different to a board NOT backing their choice of manager, and don't confuse the two. Which of these 2 approaches are now going to lead to us "doing a Leeds" and going down ?

The answer is, exactly the same approach that did us in for decades previously.

Thanks for answering, because I'll be surprised if mick does.

BTW, as you keep wanting to talk about poor managerial appointments, how does today grab you ?

We spent years in the 2nd division because we brought in the wrong managers who brought in the wrong players so we couldn't compete.  Some of it was also down of bad luck and the shit play-off system which I'm totally against and always have been as a club who finishes the season in third position has every right to get promoted and I would say the same if we benefited from this crazy system.

We spent years in the 2nd division because we brought in the wrong managers who brought in the wrong players so we couldn't compete.  Some of it was also down of bad luck and the shit play-off system which I'm totally against and always have been as a club who finishes the season in third position has every right to get promoted and I would say the same if we benefited from this crazy system.

What a load of rubbish.

haha, we struggled because we sold our best players for a profit and bought too many sub standard players out of the lower divisions for as cheap as possible. I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

terrifying ?

The bit in bold, liar.

Totally different to a board NOT backing their choice of manager, and don't confuse the two. Which of these 2 approaches are now going to lead to us "doing a Leeds" and going down ?

BTW, as you keep wanting to talk about poor managerial appointments, how does today grab you ?

i see ,so the buck stops at the manager, not those who appoint them ?

terrifying ?

The bit in bold, liar.

you think everybody appoints winning managers all the time ? What do you think about today ?

You have just replied in the other thread to me about Gordon Lee/ Dinnis. Surely you understand the importance of backing managers ?

terrifying ?

The bit in bold, liar.

you think everybody appoints winning managers all the time ? What do you think about today ?

not everybody appoints winning managers all the time. not everybody from a good position appoints souness then roeder then allardyce.

as for todays appointment....very short term. as i've already ststed elsewhere on here,roght now getting first team personnel fit is more important than getting in a temp manager,regardless of who it is.

What a load of rubbish.

haha, we struggled because we sold our best players for a profit and bought too many sub standard players out of the lower divisions for as cheap as possible. I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

Sometimes we did sell our best players for profit and sometimes that money was spent on others who didn't work out, sometimes the money disappeared.

Your club knowledge is all one sided, it's laughable at times.

What's that got to do with the "Shepherd Legacy?"

What a load of rubbish.

Sometimes we did sell our best players for profit and sometimes that money was spent on others who didn't work out, sometimes the money disappeared.

Your club knowledge is all one sided, it's laughable at times.

What's that got to do with the "Shepherd Legacy?"

haha.......you won't say anything that even remotedly gives Shepherd credit for anything.....so much so, you even make out the club was as badly  managed as under Westwood, mcKeag etc

League positions speak for themselves. What a shame 3 local lads all left the club because they saw a better future elsewhere.

You tell me when that happened under the Halls and Shepherd. Beardsley left the club, and came back under the Halls and Shepherd. You "disagree" with facts like this, you're so dumb  mackems.gif

I see you don't try and prove me wrong ref the comments about Lee, Dinnis, Nattrass, the 1977 strike etc etc.......what else do you want me to correct you with ?

I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

Fucking hell  mackems.gif

just done it, twice, unless you want to disagree.........

Do you want me to hold your schoolbag so you can have a fight with him?

haha Liam lad..........its a crying shame that adults like him just can't find the balls to admit they have been hopelessly and embarassingly wrong. I just feel sorry for him to be honest, disagreeing with factual information like a bairn.

It's also pretty sad too that people like you can't see it either like, but what the hell eh

I wouldn't get into knowledge of the club here if I were you, I'll slaughter you.

Fucking hell  mackems.gif

just done it, twice, unless you want to disagree.........

Do you want me to hold your schoolbag so you can have a fight with him?

haha Liam lad..........its a crying shame that adults like him just can't find the balls to admit they have been hopelessly and embarassingly wrong. I just feel sorry for him to be honest, disagreeing with factual information like a bairn.

It's also pretty sad too that people like you can't see it either like, but what the hell eh

Like a bairn  ;D

Can you genuinely not see it?  mackems.gif

haha.......you won't say anything that even remotedly gives Shepherd credit for anything.....so much so, you even make out the club was as badly  managed as under Westwood, mcKeag etc

League positions speak for themselves. What a shame 3 local lads all left the club because they saw a better future elsewhere.

You tell me when that happened under the Halls and Shepherd. Beardsley left the club, and came back under the Halls and Shepherd. You "disagree" with facts like this, you're so dumb  mackems.gif

I see you don't try and prove me wrong ref the comments about Lee, Dinnis, Nattrass, the 1977 strike etc etc.......what else do you want me to correct you with ?

I've given credit to Shepherd for what he did well and I have no problem doing that but I see where he went wrong, unlike you who seem to try and gloss over it.

As for Dinnis and the others, I've replied to it, I understand that you don't think the players were after more money even though I've supplied a link which supports what I said.