Highest attended game in Britain this weekend (5th highest in Europe)

Nobby

Ashley was right today, when he said

"Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football. When the fans are behind the club at St James' Park it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It is magic. Newcastle's best asset has been, is and always will be the fans."

even with a ''boycott'' by some fans, Newcastle United v Hull City was the highest attended game in Britain this weekend, and the 5th highest in Europe

Guest saintscoobz

well boys and girls we have stumbled upon the answer to the greatest question known to man.

Not what is the meaning of life, but what makes Newcastle United a big club?

We have not won anything for about 150 years, we are in the middle of a huge crisis within the club, there was a fans boycott and we still had the highest attendance in the league.

can you imagine if manure, the gurners or even the cockney w+@kers had not won anything for as long as we have?  Do you think they would be able to get attendances like we do?  NOT A CHANCE.

Thats what makes us a HUGE club, we have not won anything for donkeys, we are shit, have been shit for a while and will probably be shit for the forseeable future and we still (almost) fill our gound every week.

Guest Brummiemag

I bet there is no other football club in the world that has crowds as big as ours and has not won a trophy since 1969 or a domestic trophy since 1955.     Quite simply we have the best fans in the world 

Guest pistonism

I bet there is no other football club in the world that has crowds as big as ours and has not won a trophy since 1969 or a domestic trophy since 1955.     Quite simply we have the best fans in the world 

Agreed.  :colo: